Source: Bills could have new owner as soon as October

most of the new owners are moguls and won't ever make what they have paid. You think Jerry Jones is worried about the 1.5B it cost for JerryLand??? He's for a rock hard (===3 because he's for the most absurd talked about monstrosity in the league. He'll never recoup what he's paid for that stadium. He's have to live another 80 years.

jerry world was paid for in full within 1 full calendar year of operation. he owned it and sold rights and games/concerts there. i respect him for going that route. rather than hold the city/countystate hostage to build him a stadium or leave.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jerry world was paid for in full within 1 full calendar year of operation. he owned it and sold rights and games/concerts there. i respect him for going that route. rather than hold the city/countystate hostage to build him a stadium or leave.

Everything in this post is wrong.

It wasn't paid off in the first year.

Jones doesn't own the stadium.

Arlington kicked in 325 million for the construction.

You mean Jones contribution? Because I can't find info concerning that specifically...Though it seems unlikely this soon...But it's not like anything concerning Jerry's World is going bad either...

From the Stadium Wiki..."Arlington voters approved the increase of the city's sales tax by 0.5 percent, the hotel occupancy tax by 2 percent, and car rental tax by 5 percent. The City of Arlington provided over $325 million (including interest) in bonds as funding,and Jones covered any cost overruns. Also, the NFL provided the Cowboys with an additional $150 million loan, following its policy for facilitating financing for the construction of new stadiums."

This from the Star-Telegram's article on the naming rights..."With the additional revenue, Arlington’s stadium debt could be paid off up to a year sooner, City Manager Trey Yelverton said. Because revenue is coming in faster than expected, officials have said that the debt should be paid off by 2024 or 2025 — at least 10 years early."

http://www.star-tele...make-major.html

It does seem all debt pay-off projections are far ahead of schedule though...

http://www.dallasnew...tadium-9172.ece

Read more here: http://www.star-tele...l#storylink=cpy

Edited by KOKBILLS

Thanks for the backup on JerryLand guys but there wasn't for a second that anyone in their right might thought that a $1.5B stadium was paid off and earing money within 1 year. That comes out to $125M a month or $31M a week. For an entire year. I don't care how much you sell tickets for, it's not happening in the NFL. With 100k seats, that comes out to $312/ticket. And that's including summer months when there is no football.

Thanks for the backup on JerryLand guys but there wasn't for a second that anyone in their right might thought that a $1.5B stadium was paid off and earing money within 1 year. That comes out to $125M a month or $31M a week. For an entire year. I don't care how much you sell tickets for, it's not happening in the NFL. With 100k seats, that comes out to $312/ticket. And that's including summer months when there is no football.

yeah i misread the article but its making a ton of money and he won't need to live for another 80 years. look at the list of events that place has its insane from concerts to NBA all-star games to boxing and ncaa football games and thats not even cunning luxury boxes and all that stuff.

Sounds to me lie the Mary Wilson angel prevents the open auction of the team. That's good news for WNY as she can select whom she wants to sell the team to. Hopefully the NFL and Bills have a plan in mind and this can get settled soon. The longer the process the more I think it's about figuring out how to move the team. If the team does move, Erue County isn't getting $400m. Any new owner would either wait to year seven or tell Erie County, we're leaving in year seven, you want $150m now, or 2

$29 m in a few years? Everything is negotiable. Even a lease buy out.

Sounds to me lie the Mary Wilson angel prevents the open auction of the team. That's good news for WNY as she can select whom she wants to sell the team to. Hopefully the NFL and Bills have a plan in mind and this can get settled soon. The longer the process the more I think it's about figuring out how to move the team. If the team does move, Erue County isn't getting $400m. Any new owner would either wait to year seven or tell Erie County, we're leaving in year seven, you want $150m now, or 2

$29 m in a few years? Everything is negotiable. Even a lease buy out.

There is no buyout; the County would have to agree not to take the team to court, which they could do...but I suspect they'd only agree to do so if the team were staying here.

We all know if someone wants to move it, they could buy it and say it would stay as long as the fans support it. They then proceed to make bonehead moves, crappy coach get rid of the good players for over the hill names. Then when attendance plummets they will blame the fans.

This seemed to me to be part of the strategy the Braves used. I was young at the time so I could be wrong. I do remember going from an exciting team with Adrian Dantley and Bob Macadoo to World B Free and an over the hill arthritic Bill Walton and they were just terrible.

That's why I like the Ralph, unless they take the tailgate away from us.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

We all know if someone wants to move it, they could buy it and say it would stay as long as the fans support it. They then proceed to make bonehead moves, crappy coach get rid of the good players for over the hill names. Then when attendance plummets they will blame the fans.

This seemed to me to be part of the strategy the Braves used. I was young at the time so I could be wrong. I do remember going from an exciting team with Adrian Dantley and Bob Macadoo to World B Free and an over the hill arthritic Bill Walton and they were just terrible.

That's why I like the Ralph, unless they take the tailgate away from us.

No one is going to buy the team to tank it. The value of their franchise increases with success. The franchise value of the Cavs went down quite a bit after LeBron left.

We are such a jaded bunch that we honestly wait for the worst to happen and are surprised when it doesn't. A much more likely scenario is someone purchasing the team and trying to win a Super Bowl.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This seemed to me to be part of the strategy the Braves used. I was young at the time so I could be wrong. I do remember going from an exciting team with Adrian Dantley and Bob Macadoo to World B Free and an over the hill arthritic Bill Walton and they were just terrible..

When I read your first paragraph I said that's what the Braves did, and then I see that's where you were going............They got rid of McAdoo, etc. and then put in some clause that X amount of season tickets had to be sold or they can leave. So, their plan worked to perfection.

BTW, we never had Bill Walton. But, we did have his UCLA backup - Swen Nater!

It's always on like a mofo in Thurman World.

LOL!!

When I read your first paragraph I said that's what the Braves did, and then I see that's where you were going............They got rid of McAdoo, etc. and then put in some clause that X amount of season tickets had to be sold or they can leave. So, their plan worked to perfection.

BTW, we never had Bill Walton. But, we did have his UCLA backup - Swen Nater!

LOL!!

I would have sworn Walton played for us, but I checked and you were right. He played for the Clippers. I must have flowed them for a few years after the move. Thanks how our memory warps time.

Edited by SRQ_BillsFan

I would have sworn Walton played for us, but I checked and you were right. He played for the Clippers. I must have flowed them for a few years after the move. Thanks how our memory warps time.

No doubt. I've had a few of those things happen.