DRAFT TALK

DOGNESS

The Bills will draft one of the 3 OL that fall to them. They drafted two WR's last year and one the year before. Marrone wants to be a running team and Pears is weaker than Woods and Stevie Johnson at there positions. Plenty of WR in the draft. The Best way to help EJ is to take pressure off of him and pound the rock. We are using the Seattle blue print.

The Seattle blueprint is hardly based on having a dominant OL...their OL was brutal last year.

The Seattle blueprint is based on fielding a dominant defense and an offense with speed at the skill positions.

PS - I wouldn't call it gospel, but if Kirby is saying the Bills are targeting a WR, then you can consider it very likely to be true.

Things could happen to change that (ie St. Louis takes Watkins and Cleveland panics and takes Evans). That is not a likely scenario but could change their approach. If the draft board plays out in a manner that most are projecting than WR will be the pick (Watkins or Evans).

The Seattle blueprint is hardly based on having a dominant OL...their OL was brutal last year.

The Seattle blueprint is based on fielding a dominant defense and an offense with speed at the skill positions.

PS - I wouldn't call it gospel, but if Kirby is saying the Bills are targeting a WR, then you can consider it very likely to be true.

I assume they are targeting more than one and not only at the first pick :thumbsup:

There are nice players in the second round too .

But Mike Evans might be a nice rounding out of skill sets for the Bills WRs for long term success

Things could happen to change that (ie St. Louis takes Watkins and Cleveland panics and takes Evans). That is not a likely scenario but could change their approach. If the draft board plays out in a manner that most are projecting than WR will be the pick (Watkins or Evans).

thanks Kirby

Evans is my choice. He has been for at least 6 weeks. My fear is as the closer we get to the draft the higher his value is going. I hope he does not go before #9! And, as someone mentioned prior, I now feel some team could actually trade up for him. That is not something that I thought was possible until his trade value has been increasingly rising.

EVANS!

Evans is my choice. He has been for at least 6 weeks. My fear is as the closer we get to the draft the higher his value is going. I hope he does not go before #9! And, as someone mentioned prior, I now feel some team could actually trade up for him. That is not something that I thought was possible until his trade value has been increasingly rising.

EVANS

It all comes down to how many QBs go before 9. If there is a run on QBs, I think Evans will be there. If he's not there still will be a really good player at 9.

MARSHAWN LYNCH?

MARSHAWN LYNCH?

Peterson is even better but I don't think that you'd be advocating to follow the Vikings model? Seattle's OL was ranked in the 20's I believe. They won because they took care of the football and often had a short field. Their defense didn't give up many yards and was at or near the top of the league in turnovers.

Heres what I think...

Mack, Clowney and Watkins will be gone along with 2 tackles. Thats 5 there.

IF the qbs slip we may not get Evans either.

The QBs being selected early is the key for us. I'm having concerns they might slip then

its either plan C or even D.

Lets hope the QB hype is real and we all can be high fiving May 8th.

I'd love to grab Evans but I can see him being gone by the time we pick.

Heres what I think...

The QBs being selected early is the key for us. I'm having concerns they might slip then

Agreed. Evans is the guy I want, and probably the only realistic prospect at #9 out of:

1. Clowney

2. Mack

3. Robinson

4. Watkins

5. Evans

6. Mathews

I'd be quite happy with any of those at #9. I could live with Lewan or Ebron, but I'd rather trade down than take either.

Interesting take from CNNSI here. Have Bills taking Mack at #9. First time I've seen him dropping this far.

http://nfl.si.com/20...el-3/?eref=sihp

This guy also has Ebron falling to the Pats. Mack to the Bills, Ebron to the Pats?? Seems like a classic uninformed guy trying do a mock based on obvious fits. (Mack from UB, Gronk and AH out so Pats reload with Ebron).

Edited by dubs

Heres what I think...

The slipping of QB's doesn't really matter to me at all. I would agree 100% and bet that Clowney, Robinson, Matthews, Watkins and Mack are all gone before #9. So what does that leave the Bills? Evans, Lewan and Barr. To me, it really doesn't matter if ALL of the QB's slip, which I would bet they don't. Buffalo will have an interesting conundrum on draft day, because I think there's going to be as many as 4 players of value available to them at #9.