Thad Lewis compared to Backups around the league

Ceiling schmeeling. Nobody knows for sure if Manual will ever be better than he showed. Equally, Thad may also have that yet untapped schmeeling.. We need a QB. One who isn't here yet.

Yes because these guys got plenty of time to prove they're not it. Another instant gratification person.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

would you possibly change the statement to say or at least mean:

Thad Lewis may be the better football player in the NFL today but Manuel is the better QB and has a much higher ceiling while Lewis has likely reached or nearly reached his peak.

Edit: That's at least how I see it and I am curious to know if anyone has the same feeling?

I totally agree! I think we are handling the QB situation well too. For now as long as your statement continues to remain true.

That's a good one! I can do QB oxymoron too. How about a mobile Peyton Manning? Or a Vick with good decision making?

Watch him and Fitz play. Very similar in terms of accuracy and smarts. Both pretty mobile and both are tough as nails.

One difference in my opinion was Thad has a much better arm and more accuracy on the deep ball.

Ceiling schmeeling. Nobody knows for sure if Manual will ever be better than he showed. Equally, Thad may also have that yet untapped schmeeling.. We need a QB. One who isn't here yet.

Entering his 5th season in the league, I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest Thad Lewis has pretty well been tapped.

GO BILLS!!!

I'm sorry did Thad just fumble your post?

7 fumbles in part of playing 6 games. Stafford led the NFL with 12 fumbles. If Thad played 16 games he would have had over 20 fumbles.

Throwing INTs is one thing, but fumbling as often as he does is just not acceptable. He cannot be viewed as a good backup with the frequency he fumbles.

7 fumbles in part of playing 6 games. Stafford led the NFL with 12 fumbles. If Thad played 16 games he would have had over 20 fumbles.

Throwing INTs is one thing, but fumbling as often as he does is just not acceptable. He cannot be viewed as a good backup with the frequency he fumbles.

stafford had like 14 of those in that one snow game too. im pretty sure the rest of the season he must have had a negative number of fumbles. (but seriously, it was like 5 in that 1 game)

I don't think you can take stats and extrapolate them throughout the season as each game has different circumstances. I admit Thad fumbled more than we would like last season, but IMO unfair to say he would have had 20+ fumbles if he played a full season.

I like Thad as a backup. He has a good upside and plenty of room for growth. The games he started gives him some experience, and he really wasn't that bad. I have no problem with him coming in if EJ goes down. Would still like to see an open competition in training came for the starting job though.

Thad and EJ have started nearly the same number of games I believe. I felt more comfortable with Thad in. It's obvious that EJ has more physical talent, and has a greater team investment; but if that's what were banking on.......

EJ started twice as many games as Thad 10/5, but Thad fumbled more times in half the starts. I never felt comfortable with Thad playing, seemed like a turnover was right around the corner.

I don't think you can take stats and extrapolate them throughout the season as each game has different circumstances. I admit Thad fumbled more than we would like last season, but IMO unfair to say he would have had 20+ fumbles if he played a full season.

No you can't, but there was a good chance had Thad started 16 games he would have easily led the league.

EJ started twice as many games as Thad 10/5, but Thad fumbled more times in half the starts. I never felt comfortable with Thad playing, seemed like a turnover was right around the corner.

No you can't, but there was a good chance had Thad started 16 games he would have easily led the league.

Had he started 16 games, he's a starter and not a backup and this whole issue is different.

Don't see much difference, either you hang on the ball when hit or you don't. Are you saying it's not as bad cause he's the #2 QB?

That's exactly what he's saying. He's not a #2 grooming to be a #1. He's a guy whose positives outweigh his negatives and that's all you can ask for in a backup.

Don't see much difference, either you hang on the ball when hit or you don't. Are you saying it's not as bad cause he's the #2 QB?

I'm really not saying anything other than I don't see the point in judging his status as a backup, based on hypothetical stats stretched over a 16 game season, since he would not be started 16 games as a backup. The thread has a link that points out he was likely our best option based on what was available. I am not arguing anything.

I'm really not saying anything other than I don't see the point in judging his status as a backup, based on hypothetical stats stretched over a 16 game season, since he would not be started 16 games as a backup. The thread has a link that points out he was likely our best option based on what was available. I am not arguing anything.

Didn't say you were trying to argue anything. Didn't grasp initially what you were saying.I also didn't notice you started the thread and initial statement. Reread, my bad.

Didn't say you were trying to argue anything. Didn't grasp initially what you were saying.I also didn't notice you started the thread and initial statement. Reread, my bad.

That's OK - Yeah, I guess I really don't have a stance on him either way. I like a lot of things about Thad as a backup but can't say I have a ton of confidence in him to play a lot more than a backup. And even then I hope that is as little as possible. The whole QB situation has me hoping and praying.

That's OK - Yeah, I guess I really don't have a stance on him either way. I like a lot of things about Thad as a backup but can't say I have a ton of confidence in him to play a lot more than a backup. And even then I hope that is as little as possible. The whole QB situation has me hoping and praying.

I feel pretty similar about Thad. I know when he drops back to pass it could either be really good or really bad. If he can learn to hang on to the ball and get the ball out of his hands quicker he actually could be a pretty darn good QB. I love his deep ball.

I feel pretty similar about Thad. I know when he drops back to pass it could either be really good or really bad. If he can learn to hang on to the ball and get the ball out of his hands quicker he actually could be a pretty darn good QB. I love his deep ball.

He was money in the Pats game in the rain. He had a bunch of drops too. He outplayed Brady. That sold me.