Will we put our money where our mouth is when the time comes?

Big Turk

It seems the plan was to give us 7-10 years to get a new stadium together and help keep this team here long term as the new stadium committee is formed.

Ralph allowed a near ironclad lease to be written which virtually ensures the team will stay put short term.

Now the question that remains to be answered is "Will WNY put their collective money where their mouth is at" when it comes time to pony up for more expensive tickets, etc if a new stadium is indeed built? Will taxpayers vote for a new stadium proposal? How far will we go to ensure the team stays?

Those are the questions that remain unanswered and will remain unanswered until that time comes. Will we be willing to sacrifice in enough other areas monetarily as individuals and corporations to ensure the team stays? Will we be willing to go out to eat less, take shorter vacations, etc to keep the team here? This is what its going to come down to, and neither I nor anyone else truly knows the answer...

in my humble opinion. i think the county, the state, the bills, should pool the available resources and do a retro-fit on the ralph...a new stadium doesnt really guarantee anything, all the talk about conventions, concerts, development , etc,shouldnt be the focus. i think making the ralph state of the art, tailgating stays...all that is what is necessary in keeping the franchise in buffalo is there .

. again, just an opinion..

Edited by dwight in philly

in my humble opinion. i think the county, the state, the bills, should pool the available resources and do a retro-fit on the ralph...a new stadium doesnt really guarantee anything, all the talk about conventions, concerts, development , etc,shouldnt be the focus. i think making the ralph state of the art, tailgating stays...all that is what is necessary in keeping the franchise in buffalo is there .

. again, just an opinion..

Usually retrofits cost as much or more as building from scratch...

So, if I am understanding you correctly, you're wondering, perhaps, what happens next?

In a specific way I suppose...it seems pretty obvious the Bills and WNY have a well thought out plan as to what they need to do in the next 6 years. Will the people of WNY be willing to sacrifice enough to keep the team?

One thing for sure- the days of the lowest ticket prices in the league will end. Also, PSLs will likely be a part of the stadium plan.

True, and what many don't realize is that the club seats in RWS currently have a PSL attached to them.

Ever notice how many empty red seats there are on Sundays?

I still sat WNY would embrace the Green Bay model if allowed to do so.

I agree with this. And I think this is where Chuckie Boy needs to step up to the plate and threaten the NFL's anti-trust exemption if they won't allow "small market" teams to have community ownership.

One thing for sure- the days of the lowest ticket prices in the league will end. Also, PSLs will likely be a part of the stadium plan.

No PSL's when Detroit built their new stadium. I don't see the PSLs expanding beyond where they already are.

While I don't live in NY any more (I'm in Texas), I'd be willing to purchase a pair of tickets and have them donated/given to someone to use. Maybe this will help with selling out each game especially the later in the season games.

I think that's the first step to showing a potential new owner that Buffalo is serious about the Bill's, lets be sure each game is sold out.

My wife and I try to get to a Bill's game once a year. This year it will probably be Denver or Houston or maybe both. Denver is a 6 hour drive from here. Other than that its NFL Sunday ticket for me.

Rich

Amarillo, TX

In a specific way I suppose...it seems pretty obvious the Bills and WNY have a well thought out plan as to what they need to do in the next 6 years. Will the people of WNY be willing to sacrifice enough to keep the team?

Haven't the people of WNY paid for the Ralph and every reno/upgrade since it was built--every penny, until this next upgrade?

This isn't Green Bay. This isn't a charity. It's a private company.

Shumer will never challenge the NFL antitrust status. No politician really wants to reverse that status--and no Bills fan should want them to. Without the exemption, the NFL will become every owner for himself--including TV deals.

With all due respect intended, the only fans that are dumb enough to clamor for a new stadium are those that have never been many other places. The seating in the Ralph is the BEST in the league......bar none. The concessions lack, but whole the hell cares? Retro-fit the Ralph. The parking is awesome around the stadium. It's low key. It's cheap because there is plenty of competition.

Do a major reno. Widen the concourses. Put some new eats in there. Play on. IMO, they are starting what will eventually become a renovated RWS. Mark my words. And they already know this.

True, and what many don't realize is that the club seats in RWS currently have a PSL attached to them.

Ever notice how many empty red seats there are on Sundays?

I thought all the red seats were empty because everybody was back in the concessions area getting boozy. At least that's what I did the one time I sat in club seats. :D