Johnny Manziel thread

Whoever drafts Johnny Football will be very happy THIS year. I felt this before his pro day.

No way he makes it too the 9th pick. Houston would be smart to draft this kid. So would the Jags or Browns.

How tall a guy is does not matter. He has got IT and you can't teach that. He can throw the rock AND can make something out of nothing.

But by some miracle he makes it to the 9th pick I want the Bills to take him. There I said it and I'm sticking to it.

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocking. You love to argue just to argue.

1) Luke Joeckel went #2 last year. Matthews is probably going top 10. Thus, 2 top 10 draft pick OTs.

2) Kevin Sulim was Keenum's college coach. Thus, the system is very similar to the one at Texas A & M.

3) I have no idea what you are trying to argue with the SD point. I pointed out that Brees played on 2 ideal weather condition teams. His career would be much different if he was drafted by Buffalo.

If EJ didn't get hurt, he would put up much better #s. He had 2 less tds in 6 fewer games than RT.

Again, the offense in TAM wasn't the same as in Houston, regardless if "Kevin Sulim" was coach at both places. The QBs were totally different and the offenses were built aound that. If you watched either kid play, you would not have said they played the same offense.

As for SD, you said that Brees "struggles outdoors", yet you cocncede he played in "ideal weather conditions" his whole career. So I'm the one who doen't know what your point is with Brees. How can he play in ideal weather and struggle outdoors?

As for your extrapolation of EJ's numbers, you are making that up. He could just as easily had games like Tampa in each of the games he missed.

Report: Mike Zimmer ‘unimpressed' with Johnny Manziel's ‘sideshow' Pro Day

The Minnesota Vikings were one of the many teams on hand for Johnny Manziel's pro day at Texas A&M, and they were expected to keep a close eye on Manziel's maturity and leadership during his workout. While many were happy with the way Manziel performed on the field, there are reports that Vikings head coach Mike Zimmer was not impressed.

Cowboys impressed:

http://www.dallascow...b1-5b009a509db7

Texans impressed:

http://msn.foxsports...mpressed-032714

Jaworski impressed (no link needed)

Lebron, Vick and Bush impressed (lol):

http://nfl.si.com/20...ck-george-bush/

Edited by bobobonators

As for SD, you said that Brees "struggles outdoors", yet you concede he played in "ideal weather conditions" his whole career. So I'm the one who doen't know what your point is with Brees. How can he play in ideal weather and struggle outdoors?

Road games ya ninny.

Report: Mike Zimmer letting his team's fans know they aren't drafting Manziel and are good with Matt Cassell and Christian Ponder, so forget it...

I got a bridge in Brooklyn...

@IzzyGould

How to form your own opinion on Johnny Manziel http://ow.ly/2Fddh1

If you are really invested in Manziel -- if you love him, want to love him, hate him, want to hate him, hope your team drafts him, hope your arch rival drafts him, find him thrilling, frustrating or appalling -- you owe it to yourself to develop your own opinion.

Mandatory Monday is here to help you do just that.

A fairly recent study done by ESPN shows relying on a QB drafted in the 1st is about a 50/50 proposition when it comes to obtaining a long term starter.

http://espn.go.com/b...afting-is-50-50

Doubling down with another 1st round signal caller is not such a bad idea in my opinion for a football team that hasn't had a successful starter for over a decade. (besides a short stint from Drew Bledsoe.)

Edited by dog14787

OK look, I've come around on this. I am fine with trading everything to draft Johnny Football, on one condition. It goes like this. The Bills drafted a brash, cocky guy from a southern football powerhouse once before, and he refused to sign with the Bills. He took a few years in the USFL and grew up, and then became the QB that everyone believed in in Buffalo.

So, I think we should either draft Johnny Football and give him five years until he starts making the playoffs, or lowball him and let him flock to the Houston Gamblers for two seasons while we continue to suck and build our team with more Bruce Smiths, Andre Reeds and lucky finds on the OL.

A fairly recent study done by ESPN shows relying on a QB drafted in the 1st is about a 50/50 proposition when it comes to obtaining a long term starter.

Doubling down with another 1st round signal caller is not such a bad idea in my opinion for a football team that hasn't had a successful starter for over a decade. (besides a short stint from Drew Bledsoe.)

id imagine that success rate would drop, not providing an additional first round talent, and also splitting snaps with another rookie.

If he slips past the Vikes.....The Cowboys could be ringing our lines hard. Time for payback!!!!! Fleece em Whaley!

Jerry must be salivating at this prospect....he is the P.T. Barnum of the NFL

1 year under Romo as understudy and then Dallas takes the hit next year on his contract releasing him

Not a doubt in my mind that Dallas would consider it.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Horrendous idea and definitely not the way to build a football team.

If he slips past the Vikes.....The Cowboys could be ringing our lines hard. Time for payback!!!!! Fleece em Whaley!

Jerry must be salivating at this prospect....he is the P.T. Barnum of the NFL

1 year under Romo as understudy and then Dallas takes the hit next year on his contract releasing him

Not a doubt in my mind that Dallas would consider it.

I have had these same thoughts

It seems too perfect that he would become the face of the Cowboys. If it means that they want to come up from #16 to #9 and it fits our plan to move down....

FLEECE them Whaley - get fair value then ask for something extra that hurts.

He said in a pre-combine radio interview with a Dallas area station that he was born at halftime of a Cowboys game and he grew up with the Cowboys as his favorite team. He followed that up though with a radio unterview with a Houston station in which he said he grew up a huge Texans fan, they were his favorite team. Of course, he told a Cleveland radio station that he knows the Browns have had 20 QBs since they have been to the playoffs, but he really wants to be the QB that leads them back. B-)

P.S. i am not criticizing him for clearly just wanting to be picked as high as possible, I just thought it was funny. He is a little like Eddie Haskell when I listen to him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

id imagine that success rate would drop, not providing an additional first round talent, and also splitting snaps with another rookie.

If the study is over a long period, (10 years) don't you think a good starter would still materialize eventually?

I'm not saying you don't build a good football team, but the NFL is still a QB driven league and If you don't have one,

Somehow, someway, you better go out and get one...

Horrendous idea and definitely not the way to build a football team.

finding a good starter at the QB position?

I respectfully disagree...