Evan Mathis (Eagles All-Pro Guard) on the trading block

dubs

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The odd part is that Williams' contract is certainly not at a discount. They paid a premium price for a discount guard. I don't really understand why he was the one that they handed that money to when there were a bunch of guards considered to be superior that ultimately went for roughly the same amount? The Williams thing is puzzling to me.

I don't disagree at all. But, not sure on who the other Guards were you are referring to? Also, I think the Bills like Williams because of his play against the run. I still don't like the signing though.

I don't disagree at all. But, not sure on who the other Guards were you are referring to? Also, I think the Bills like Williams because of his play against the run. I still don't like the signing though.

Jon Asamoah, Willie Colon and Evan Dietrich-Smith to name a few. For a little more they could have went after Zane Beadles. I have also been a fan of Travelle Wharton and he is still on the market. Wharton is contemplating retirement though I believe. Davin Joseph is still out there as well. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Jon Asamoah, Willie Colon and Evan Dietrich-Smith to name a few. For a little more they could have went after Zane Beadles. I have also been a fan of Travelle Wharton and he is still on the market. Wharton is contemplating retirement though I believe. Davin Joseph is still out there as well.

Even Schwartz, who fits their lg/rt dual purpose player was barely more expensive

Even Schwartz, who fits their lg/rt dual purpose player was barely more expensive

And I really liked the idea of Schwartz as well...however, he had an injury history until last year and bumped around some teams before solidifying a spot with KC last year...so, Williams may have some concerns about getting benched, but he's been playing absent injury and started all last year, so it's a safer bet, I believe...

This is the perfect example of why you don't spend valuable resources on Gs (draft picks, money). Mathis was a whatever player until the last 2 years. The Eagles got him off the scrap heap. Fact, there is a G that will be as good as Mathis drafted in the 2nd or later in this year's draft.

Guys the bills are not going to do this....not in a draft where it is widely speculated that starting OL talent will be found as deep as the 3rd round

By "speculated" I think you mean "guessed". Certainty has value. This guy is a certainty, a guy we know can get the job done. A draft pick is just a big guess. Not saying this is a good fit for us but the goal is to improve your football team and this guy would definitely do that and is therefore worth a good long look. A draft pick might do the same but he might not. We would be crazy not to at least consider it. Edited by Mickey

This is the perfect example of why you don't spend valuable resources on Gs (draft picks, money). Mathis was a whatever player until the last 2 years. The Eagles got him off the scrap heap. Fact, there is a G that will be as good as Mathis drafted in the 2nd or later in this year's draft.

Agreed