[closed]I've always liked the idea of having two 1st rd QBs

Seriously any franchise qb worth it would be worth entire draft(s) or multiple (3-4) first rounders.

The problem is if a team has a franchise qb there is no way they give him up. Period.

as an example I would give up this entire draft and then the following next two years first round picks. So three total first rounders including an entire draft class for either Aaron Rodgers or Andrew luck. Even offering all that there would be a snowball's chance in hell the trade would be accepted

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Seriously any franchise qb worth it would be worth entire draft(s) or multiple (3-4) first rounders.

The problem is if a team has a franchise qb there is no way they give him up. Period.

as an example I would give up this entire draft and then the following next two years first round picks. So three total first rounders including an entire draft class for either Aaron Rodgers or Andrew luck. Even offering all that there would be a snowball's chance in hell the trade would be accepted

What if we throw in a 4th rounder next year, too, plus offer to pay half of Luck's Amtrack ticket to get to Buffalo?

Certainly Luck and Rogers,... possibly Kaepernick or Wilson

There is someone else I've really changed my tune on. I'm not sure I would quite give 2 first round picks given that he's 33 now, but would come close.... Eli Manning. He's shown toughness, he shown he can win big games, he knows the cold. I didn't think much of him for a long time, but he's earned quite a bit of respect the last few years...

For the purposes of this conversation lets overlook what he did when he was drafted by the Chargers and that he probably wouldn't want to come here. But I ask ya,...why no love for Eli?

Edited by cage

I'm a Kaep fan but you did realize he had a low completion % than EJ right?

And the only answer to this for me is Aaron Rodgers. But this also goes to why you need to be patient when developing young Qbs. Brees was a 2nd rounder. Rodgers was a late 1st. Kaep was a 2nd rounder. Maybe we should give our own guy more than a season.

Yeah, that's OK because otherwise the two are absolutely nothing alike. So I'll stick with Kaep.

A miss. but close Weo.

Its Luck .

He is The One for the next decade.

I would trade my left shoe and walk crooked for Andrew to be the Buffalo Bill " Leading the Charge "

okay how about 3 ?

but only with Earl Morrall in a package deal !

As I said, I was sticking with the OP's "so that leaves" list. I assume that's the group he wants us to pick from.

This thread has completely devolved into everyone just listing their favorite QB, which was not the stated intent.

I think a number of people have given thoughtful answers.... from your list it seems the only QB with any level of support is Colin Kaepernick. The longer that any thread goes, the more it devolves

I think a number of people have given thoughtful answers.... from your list it seems the only QB with any level of support is Colin Kaepernick. The longer that any thread goes, the more it devolves

All threads devolve to Tebow or Byrd.

None in the current NFL roster pickings...here's why: any QB that "could" be had for 2 first round Draft picks, isn't *worth* that much...plus, for 2 firsts, the BILLS "may" be able to Draft up in 2015 with a QB of their choosing, who has nothing but promise and a full career ahead of him, a young man that could very well be the Face of the Franchise, their brand so to speak (again assuming EJ isn't that guy, which we don't know yet - another reason for not giving up 2 firsts for any QB on current NFL roster or any QB projected in this year's Draft)...however, and I've said this several times in other posts, I DO agree the BILLS are primed to be a playoff contender and are virtually two positions away from being that contender: a true outside WR and a QB....the WR should be addressed in this year's Draft - as well as RT - and QB is up in the air, so if EJ - FOR ANY REASON, INJURY OR OTHERWISE - is not that guy, then next year you trade the farm, the cattle, the wife and kids and every bit of real estate and asset you own to get *THAT* guy, the QB of the future for the BILLS b/c so many of the pieces really are in place and this Draft should yield some really great talent for years to come.

None in the current NFL roster pickings...here's why: any QB that "could" be had for 2 first round Draft picks, isn't *worth* that much...plus, for 2 firsts, the BILLS "may" be able to Draft up in 2015 with a QB of their choosing, who has nothing but promise and a full career ahead of him, a young man that could very well be the Face of the Franchise, their brand so to speak (again assuming EJ isn't that guy, which we don't know yet - another reason for not giving up 2 firsts for any QB on current NFL roster or any QB projected in this year's Draft)...however, and I've said this several times in other posts, I DO agree the BILLS are primed to be a playoff contender and are virtually two positions away from being that contender: a true outside WR and a QB....the WR should be addressed in this year's Draft - as well as RT - and QB is up in the air, so if EJ - FOR ANY REASON, INJURY OR OTHERWISE - is not that guy, then next year you trade the farm, the cattle, the wife and kids and every bit of real estate and asset you own to get *THAT* guy, the QB of the future for the BILLS b/c so many of the pieces really are in place and this Draft should yield some really great talent for years to come.

I am more agreeable to this wild idea than I really thought I would be... Or any reasonable person should be haha. Worst case scenario, we've wound and missed on a QB again, and the major loss in draft picks will sharpen our descent once our talent continues to age, but compared to right now, Iwhere we watch 6 wins per year, I would be willing to take the chance to double that, at the risk of some day halving it.

2 first round picks for a Top 15 QB is a steal.

any team who has a Top 15 QB would never give him up for 2 #1's

This is kind of the idea of the thread, though. Make a list of all the starting QBs in the league, worst to best. The ones on the top can easily be had for a 4th or 5th rounder. The ones on the bottom cannot be had for anything, whatsoever. So how far can you get down the list, with 2 first rounders on the table, before you would start getting a 'no' on your offer? Would it be the 10th best, but aging QB? 15th best? How far is EJ from what we could get for those 2 picks, and how close would the QB you got, and EJ, be in 2 or 3 years? Would EJ be better?

I am thinking Barr at # 9, I just think there are very few pass rushers after him and we need to cut bait with Mario after this year (cap need), this draft is deep at OT and one should be there in round two.

I like EJ Manuel a lot. He has all the qualities I look for in a qb. But I would say that from an intangibles standpoint that it is a reach to put him in the same category as an Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Colin Kaepernick, Robert Griffin 3, or Russell Wilson.. All of these relatvely young and somewhat unproven players, I would instantly trade Manuel for... I totally believe that he could develop into a similar threat as Wilson, Kaepernick, or maybe something like Cam Newton. He has yet to solidify that he has the 'IT' factor.. I think he has the potential and that he also might be clutch..

Being that Quarterback seems to be the most important position on the field and the fact that the Bills haven't had a legitimate long term franchise QB since Jim Kelly, I've been thinking for a long time now that it would be a great idea to draft a 1st rd caliber QB every chance you get- year after year after year until you find your man/men.. Especially when there is one in rd 2 or later.. My thought was that even if you ended up with 2 or possibly even 3 good Quarterbacks, that you could easily get strong value for one of those players in a trade similar to the Bills acquisition of Rob Johnson.. Then once you have your man you can draft other positions (of course).. If they were to take this theory on, I trust that it would be fairly obvious who is a better player and the team would gravitate towards the next franchise QB. Previously, when 1st rd picks were very very expensive, this theory was not financially plausible.. However, now that you have 1st rd QBs being paid significantly less than most teams 2nd string QB gets paid, this strategy is in my opinion, very sound..

If Marrone sees any value to how the Seahawks were able to build a much better team top to bottom because of the small amount of salary cap room they surrender to the qb position(which will change in 1-2 season of course), then I see no harm in selecting Manziel or Bridgewater at #9 overall. There would be less than 5 million spent at a position that other teams spend 15 million at, and you would have 2 1st rd talents to battle it out for the chance to take a great team somewhere special. They have similar playing styles to manuel and would at the very least already have a year in the system if Manuel should not be the guy.. If this was a sound theory, and the Bills agreed with me, then I think the team is in a great position to draft an additional qb as high as rds 1-2.. Lets just say 2-4 of these quarterbacks end up being stars, why not take a chance on one of them? I honestly see no glaring hole on the team bigger than QB. I am quite certain that if you put any one of the top 10 qbs on this team and we are super bowl contenders right now.. Even with Pears/Hairston duo at RT, and Chandler/Moeki duo at TE, and even with our current group of WRs still starting I believe that to be true... Does anyone agree?

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.