Ryan Fitzpatrick is a Houston Texan

Haha. So much hate. The guy has a Harvard degree and keep getting paid millions by different teams to play football. What a loser. :rolleyes:

I didn't read through the whole thread, but can't see why anyone would hate Fitz. He is a good journeyman backup who everyone (except the 2010 Bills) knows isn't a franchise QB. Good for him for making good money in a backup role. I see the same thing potentially happening in Tampa with McCown. He could be either the next Rich Gannon or the next Fitz.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How anyone possibly believes Fitz could be a good mentor is beyond my thought realm. We are talking about a guy who makes the exact same mistakes over and over again, he never learns anything. He is not smart on the field. He has no understanding of his arm strength at all. He throws into tripe coverage constantly, never throws guys open, has no touch at all, there is nothing about his actual on field play that indicates he is a smart player.

Good for Fitz. Probably a little tough on his kids moving so often but he'll do fine in Houston.

Perfect backup for a rook QB to help him learn the ropes. Fitz will get you 200 yds a game, mid 70's passer rating, one or two INT's and is a helluva tough scrambler when he needs to.

The comments here are astounding. This is a fantastic pickup for them to be their backup QB. Fitz is an awesome backup. Other than a developmental backup QB, he is everything you want in a backup. Smart, works hard, has the ability to play great at times (which he did in Buffalo....at times), and won't complain about his role.

This is a great pickup. He's a backup QB. Period. A backup that experienced some success in the NFL.

Edited by Lv-Bills

joker? nice loyalty...what did he do to you? hes better than any other qb weve had the last 10+ years I ve learned that anyone who hates/rips a guy like fitz is really just a loser themselves

Sorry Ryan. You seem like a nice enough guy. But you suck as a quarterback and I'm glad you're gone.

Good luck in Houston.

The comments here are astounding. This is a fantastic pickup for them to be their backup QB. Fitz is an awesome backup. Other than a developmental backup QB, he is everything you want in a backup. Smart, works hard, has the ability to play great at times (which he did in Buffalo....at times), and won't complain about his role.

This is a great pickup. He's a backup QB. Period. A backup that experienced some success in the NFL.

This sums it up well.

The guys dumping on Fitz here must be very confused (I'm being kind there...). He is and always has been, at every stop, a backup QB. Every team that he has played for has hired him as such. And as such, he has always answered the call and has done about as well as any career backup has.

I'm sure there is more that he can teach about being an NFL QB than any of the Chumleys the current staff has hired to do the same.

This sums it up well.

The guys dumping on Fitz here must be very confused (I'm being kind there...). He is and always has been, at every stop, a backup QB. Every team that he has played for has hired him as such. And as such, he has always answered the call and has done about as well as any career backup has.

I'm sure there is more that he can teach about being an NFL QB than any of the Chumleys the current staff has hired to do the same.

Like how to throw a horrible interception? I'm so original!

This sums it up well.

Ummmm....wasn't he signed to an extension by the Bills to lock him up as a starting QB? Didn't the Bills ignore the QB position in the draft (see Wilson, Russell) because they thought they had their starting QB? I agree he SHOULD have been our back-up QB, at best, but he was clearly the starter in Buffalo.

Ummmm....wasn't he signed to an extension by the Bills to lock him up as a starting QB? Didn't the Bills ignore the QB position in the draft (see Wilson, Russell) because they thought they had their starting QB? I agree he SHOULD have been our back-up QB, at best, but he was clearly the starter in Buffalo.

He was brought to Buffalo as a backup. Then the feeble minded Buddy/Chang hillbilly combo picked Trent to start, and quickly dumped him, elevating Fitz. It is true Buddy then extended a career backup with a foolish contract, while completely and willfully ignoring the QB position.

It doesn't change the fact that Cincy, Buff, Tenny, and now Houston have hired him as a backup. So all the wailing in this thread about how Fitz sucks is senseless. It's a good move by Houston, for what it is...

Like how to throw a horrible interception? I'm so original!

Fitz has forgotten more about playing NFL QB than Hackett ever knew. The best QB in league history (pick one) may not be able teach another what he knows. Fitz made a decent career with limited skills, but he is very clever and tougher than any QB we have had in 10 years--present roster certainly included.

He was brought to Buffalo as a backup. Then the feeble minded Buddy/Chang hillbilly combo picked Trent to start, and quickly dumped him, elevating Fitz. It is true Buddy then extended a career backup with a foolish contract, while completely and willfully ignoring the QB position.

It doesn't change the fact that Cincy, Buff, Tenny, and now Houston have hired him as a backup. So all the wailing in this thread about how Fitz sucks is senseless. It's a good move by Houston, for what it is...

Fitz has forgotten more about playing NFL QB than Hackett ever knew. The best QB in league history (pick one) may not be able teach another what he knows. Fitz made a decent career with limited skills, but he is very clever and tougher than any QB we have had in 10 years--present roster certainly included.

And the only one that beat the Pats* in the last 10 years also.

I'm severely disappointed in HOU for this atrocious signing. Fitz had nothing left two years ago when OBD tried to pay him 60mil... On the bright side, a team needs a veteran scrub for their talented rookie to obliterate during TC... I look for that to happen based on Fitz being the second-worst I ever saw play. (Jamarcus Russell is the first) -Don't think he'll survive the first roster trim-down.