ESPN: Bills' backup plan for Byrd underwhelming

Pitta

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/8197/bills-backup-plan-for-byrd-underwhelming

As with when Levitre left, the lack of succession plan in place for when we let good players leave is frustrating. Williams, Meeks, and Searcy were mid-round picks for a reason, and none of them have shown that they are worthy of a starting position. I hope the Bills do bring in a veteran at S at some point

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Williams was drafted #34 and Byrd was drafted in 40's...

Sooooooooooooo there goes that argument.

And williams showed plenty last season.

I mean i did not support letting byrd go, but at least be accurate in the assessment.

DUKE williams, not aaron.

Edited by NoSaint

Anyone see the shot some texans fan took at the bills in john Clayton's mailbag?? Said something about the texans Turing into the bills. Was a definite low blow and idk why they would even

Post an answer to a question stated the way that one was

Edited by Pills -N- Bills

They put this article out before free agency has totally wound down, and almost two months before the draft. Ok.

Had this situation been reversed, and the Saints lost Byrd to the Bills, I dare say we would be hearing about how Buffalo is overpaying for a position that you can plug a cheap free agent into.

Anyone see the shot some texans fan took at the bills in john Clayton's mailbag?? Said something about the texans Turing into the bills. Was a definite low blow and idk why they would even

Post an answer to a question stated the way that one was

I'm the most optimistic homer out there, but if you can't see why the average NFL fan would compare their teams struggles to our legendary run of futility, IDK what to tell you.

There was a question on ESPN the other night about whether or not the Detroit Tigers were turning into MLB's Buffalo Bills.

Take your pick--for american males aged 34-62, we're the team that lost 4 straight Super Bowls and over stayed their welcome on the national stage--America's begrudged "lovable losers".

For american males aged 18-34, we're the team that hasn't made the playoffs in 14 years, and hasn't won a playoff game since the 90s.

Either way, we're losers.

But, play enough seasons, and eventually, we'll be winners. And then ESPN will write articles about our cheating scandals, or how difficult it is to repeat as champions, or do we qualify as a dynasty, or is our QB the best ever.

That's what sports is all about.

Don't take offense to articles like that, or comments like that, enjoy it as part of the grand, epic tale.

Star Wars isn't Star Wars without Darth Vadar...

I'm ok with seeing what Williams, Meeks and Searcy have to offer, personally. We didn't get to see much of Williams or Meeks last year simply due to the depth chart (Byrd, A. Williams, Leonhard, and Searcy being ahead of them), so if given the chance, they might work out just fine. Not much different than us drafting rookies and seeing what they look like.

Really, we'll know once the draft comes around, what our coaching staff thinks of our safeties. If we take one within the first 3 rounds (maybe 4), then they think its a weak spot. If they don't, then they clearly see potential there, or at least as much as any rookie would provide.

Other than that, not sure who in FA we were supposed to get...