BREAKING(lol):Talib/Spikes say Pats* file false injury reports

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The league cannot look away, they'll have to look into it. You have two players (starters) that recently left and made an allegation. It doesn't matter if it's viewed as, "well everyone is doing it". There is a rule in place and it's alleged that it was broken...Inquire into it. If it turns up nothing, great. If it does, penalize as fit.

It's not that big of deal but just goes to show how fake the "Patriot Way" is. They love scumbags (Harrison, Wilfork, Talib, Hernandez) and basically got lucky with a 6th round pick. I can't wait until Brady retires and all these bandwagon Pats fan that didn't exist before 2002 go away.

You couldn't be more accurate. They lucked into Brady. The Patriot way starts and end with Brady. He is the greatest QB of all time. It is the organizations fault and specifically Belichick's defense that has fialed Brady.

You couldn't be more accurate. They lucked into Brady. The Patriot way starts and end with Brady. He is the greatest QB of all time. It is the organizations fault and specifically Belichick's defense that has fialed Brady.

Careful...According to some, Billicheat is the best ever!

The league cannot look away, they'll have to look into it. You have two players (starters) that recently left and made an allegation. It doesn't matter if it's viewed as, "well everyone is doing it". There is a rule in place and it's alleged that it was broken...Inquire into it. If it turns up nothing, great. If it does, penalize as fit.

They will - with like a 10k fine and stern letter. Just like they did with any other team caught including us.

Really the issue is the injury reports shouldnt go beyond "participated fully, partially, did not participate." As giving out specific injury information does nothing to better the game and puts the injured player at risk for someone targeting that knee, or rib.

Edited by NoSaint

I think that's correct--but they also had only 19k season ticket holders as late as 1991, I believe

So 20 years of sellouts which began after the new owner bought the team and before their next SB performance and years before Brady was hired (or BB) makes this a bandwagon scenario?

If the Bills sell out every game and need a waiting list for season tickets after it's next owner buys the team, would that be "bandwagoning" too?

So 20 years of sellouts which began after the new owner bought the team and before their next SB performance and years before Brady was hired (or BB) makes this a bandwagon scenario?

If the Bills sell out every game and need a waiting list for season tickets after it's next owner buys the team, would that be "bandwagoning" too?

Do you do anything but pick fights with people or look to prove people wrong? I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious to what else you're bringing to the table. Are you a Bills fan or a just a fan of being right about everything?

They will - with like a 10k fine and stern letter. Just like they did with any other team caught including us.

Really the issue is the injury reports shouldnt go beyond "participated fully, partially, did not participate." As giving out specific injury information does nothing to better the game and puts the injured player at risk for someone targeting that knee, or rib.

the real, but not acknowledged, reason for detailed injury reports is for gambling purposes. Has nothing to do with play on field, level playing field etc.

NFL desperately wants to avoid a scenario where it is learned someone made a buttload of money by having inside information on injuries that the general public did not have. Thats why they fined the Bills. If it was known Mario had the wrist injury, lines may have been tweaked, people not played Bills D in fantasy etc.

Also, they know gambling drove the popularity of the game initially, fantasy is huge now for even casual fans...injuries are crucial in both of those endeavors.

the real, but not acknowledged, reason for detailed injury reports is for gambling purposes. Has nothing to do with play on field, level playing field etc.

NFL desperately wants to avoid a scenario where it is learned someone made a buttload of money by having inside information on injuries that the general public did not have. Thats why they fined the Bills. If it was known Mario had the wrist injury, lines may have been tweaked, people not played Bills D in fantasy etc.

Also, they know gambling drove the popularity of the game initially, fantasy is huge now for even casual fans...injuries are crucial in both of those endeavors.

oh i get it on that front - i just dont like it really

Do you do anything but pick fights with people or look to prove people wrong? I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just curious to what else you're bringing to the table. Are you a Bills fan or a just a fan of being right about everything?

WEO is the official TBD Patriots fan club president.

oh i get it on that front - i just dont like it really

i agree with you, for strictly competitive reasons, i would like to see your solution.

I am also one who thinks you should take every advantage possible to win the game. I never understood Spygate..i get it is against the rules and the Pats cheated, i just never understood why it is against the rules.

Same with stealing signals from 2nd base..have never understood why that is considered cheating either

When someone or others post something (over and over) to make a point that makes no sense or is incorrect, it's OK for me or anyone to refute it with fact. It's hardly picking a fight--it's how discussions/debates go. I'm not sure why "being right" about a point of discussion is not the prefered way to approach a debate.

I am as much a Bills fan as you seem to be. You can read my other posts and decide what I "bring to the table". If they bother you, put me on your "ignore" list. Otherwise, join the discussion. Offer your opinion on the bandwagon topic above. I'm interested in your view. If you disagree with my reply to MattM's premise regarding this subject, tell me why.

When someone or others post something (over and over) to make a point that makes no sense or is incorrect, it's OK for me or anyone to refute it with fact. It's hardly picking a fight--it's how discussions/debates go. I'm not sure why "being right" about a point of discussion is not the prefered way to approach a debate.

I am as much a Bills fan as you seem to be. You can read my other posts and decide what I "bring to the table". If they bother you, put me on your "ignore" list. Otherwise, join the discussion. Offer your opinion on the bandwagon topic above. I'm interested in your view. If you disagree with my reply to MattM's premise regarding this subject, tell me why.

i know you catch a hard time for being a pats fan because you call people on made up things, but sometimes the complaints about them get so far out in left field, or are just completely made up and i dont think its terrible to have someone keeping it grounded in reality.

what gets frustrating sometimes is that because of all the nonsense that is posted about them it makes it tough to pull out the legit complaint material, of which there is plenty.

i know you catch a hard time for being a pats fan because you call people on made up things, but sometimes the complaints about them get so far out in left field, or are just completely made up and i dont think its terrible to have someone keeping it grounded in reality.

what gets frustrating sometimes is that because of all the nonsense that is posted about them it makes it tough to pull out the legit complaint material, of which there is plenty.

Thanks NoSaint.

"pats fan" is the best comeback many can come up with.--as it covers up the crazy. Go figure...

As for "injuryreportgate" ("The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury.."), I assume all coaches hardly bother looking at any team's reports (especially the pats) during the week. They know who will be playing on their opponenet's team that week and who will not.