Who will be this years surprise cut ?

TJ Graham for sure

Graham ain't being cut. He has trade value, at the very least, and especially before the draft right now.

TJ Graham has no trade value whatsoever. There's probably 10 better receivers in this draft than TJ and that number might be low.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TJ Graham for sure

TJ Graham has no trade value whatsoever. There's probably 10 better receivers in this draft than TJ and that number might be low.

He will be on an NFL roster come opening day, either by trade or on the Bills. If he is cut from the Bills then we will have signed and/or drafted 2 other WR's.

That's not anyone's philosophy.

so then , you both would be surprised ? yes of course you would.

That is the winning entry .

" Dareus or Kyle Williams once we sign Wilfork. " kudos to Wild Thing for being surpising , and far fetched . Potentially outlandish .

:worthy:

Edited by 3rdand12

He will be on an NFL roster come opening day, either by trade or on the Bills. If he is cut from the Bills then we will have signed and/or drafted 2 other WR's.

That may be true, I never said he wouldn't be on someones roster though. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if he was no longer on the Bills roster. I just don't know what team would really trade for him and why? he's shown no consistency whatsoever, no good route running, just straight line speed. There are a lot of NFL WR's with straight line speed. Just because we severely over drafted for him doesn't mean a lot of teams will be willing to trade a pick for him.

I think a team like Carolina or SD would trade a pick for him.

Why though? maybe i'm missing something but I would have to consider his to be somewhat of a bust at this point in his career. I found this article for the top free agents at their positions some which have signed but just looking at what's left for the taking I don't think TJ getting a trade would warrant any interest.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/45947/309/2014-nfl-free-agents

That may be true, I never said he wouldn't be on someones roster though. Just that I wouldn't be surprised if he was no longer on the Bills roster. I just don't know what team would really trade for him and why? he's shown no consistency whatsoever, no good route running, just straight line speed. There are a lot of NFL WR's with straight line speed. Just because we severely over drafted for him doesn't mean a lot of teams will be willing to trade a pick for him.

If you know me at all you know I defend him. You know I defend a lot of unpopular Bills, as well. And historically, I generally fall on the side of "right."

There have been numerous threads and discussions on Graham. A great thread was a while back where there was a study done about him. It was that half of the passes thrown to him were deemed uncatchable. The other passes thrown to him were generally viewed as risky, and what not.

The thread is here

The article was here

Check it out, it is interesting. A team struggling for finding WR's, a team with a QB who can put the ball in the air for more then 20 yards, and a team that has options to trade might just do it. TJ Graham to Carolina for a 6th (realistic, but a 5th maybe even)? TJ Graham for a backup DT? Backup OL? I might consider it.

If you know me at all you know I defend him. You know I defend a lot of unpopular Bills, as well. And historically, I generally fall on the side of "right."

There have been numerous threads and discussions on Graham. A great thread was a while back where there was a study done about him. It was that half of the passes thrown to him were deemed uncatchable. The other passes thrown to him were generally viewed as risky, and what not.

The thread is here

The article was here

Check it out, it is interesting. A team struggling for finding WR's, a team with a QB who can put the ball in the air for more then 20 yards, and a team that has options to trade might just do it. TJ Graham to Carolina for a 6th (realistic, but a 5th maybe even)? TJ Graham for a backup DT? Backup OL? I might consider it.

Yeah I'll definitely take a look at them. I too like unpopular players myself and I've really pulled for him when he was with the Bills but honestly after this past season I fell off of the TJ bandwagon. If we can do a player for player trade i'd settle for that!

Top 5 Surprise Cut List: (All may be cut actually)

1. Graham (I don't think it will be much of a surprise if we draft a WR high in this draft).

2. Bradham (although I am not sure how much of a surprise this is after we signed 2 LB's and may still draft more).

3. Tuel (not really a surprise in my mind, but given their reluctance to even PS him last year I guess it would be).

4. Caussin (Chandler retrurned, Gragg has a ton of upside, and Moeaki is a better player IMO...this is a shock simply because we just resigned him).

5. Hopkins (Surprise because he never got a shot and was top Kicker arguably in last years draft...but why carry 2 kickers after we just signed Carpenter).

I was tempted to add a couple DB's and OL to this list, but lack of depth was already an issue...so seems like a stretch to think we are going to start thinning the herd with surprise cuts at two areas we were desperate for a year ago.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Top 5 Surprise Cut List: (All may be cut actually)

1. Graham (I don't think it will be much of a surprise if we draft a WR high in this draft).

2. Bradham (although I am not sure how much of a surprise this is after we signed 2 LB's and may still draft more).

3. Tuel (not really a surprise in my mind, but given their reluctance to even PS him last year I guess it would be).

4. Caussin (Chandler retrurned, Gragg has a ton of upside, and Moeaki is a better player IMO...this is a shock simply because we just resigned him).

5. Hopkins (Surprise because he never got a shot and was top Kicker arguably in last years draft...but why carry 2 kickers after we just signed Carpenter).

I was tempted to add a couple DB's and OL to this list, but lack of depth was already an issue...so seems like a stretch to think we are going to start thinning the herd with surprise cuts at two areas we were desperate for a year ago.

Maybe I am crazy. I am crazy. I look at a list like this, I read these reasons, and I then say..."nah, we can't get rid of him because..."

1. I don't think we will give up on a WR after just 2 years, and at the least he is a good gunner on special teams.

2. I just want to give up on him. I didn't like him at first, then I liked him, then I very much liked him, then I could not stand him, now I am ready to give him one more little bit of like.

3. I don't even remember who else is on the roster for QB.

4. Caussin, well, was just resigned, as you said.

5. We are the Bills. We will keep 2 QB's and keep 2 Kickers just because we are the Bills.

It is not fun being a Bills fan, but is it interesting looking at who might be cut when it comes to the 53.