Geoff Schwartz OG - Bills are interested

MClem06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Bills are interested in speaking to guard Geoff Schwartz." - Patrick Moran, Buffalo Sports Daily

http://www.kansascit...n-bringing.html

Seems like an intriguing proven guy to replace the whole that is on the line since Levitre left. He helped AP rush for his record year at Minnesota and was the best lineman for KC last year.

Good need a solid player there, needed one last year but FO over valued the backups we had.

Good need a solid player there, needed one last year but FO over valued the backups we had.

I'm still sort of perplexed on how this type of thing happens to have so many FO people, and coaches completely miss on just how bad those back ups were.

Anyway, This guy did end the season with the Chiefs as their highest graded player by PFF at (+18.6) That grade is better then any current player on the Bills roster currently as an OG. So yea, he would be a big improvement over both Legursky, and Urbik. The Bills need to find players that can grade in the green while playing against the Patriots, as only Glenn and Wood managed to do that last year.

Hopefully the bills offer him a nice multi-year contract, and he accepts it.

Replacing Levitre with Schwantz? [sic]

I guess he could be interchangeable with Wood.

But yeah, if we are talking a 2-4 million deal for a proven LG, I would feel a whole lot better about taking one of the premier tackles in the draft.

Edited by Whitewalker Merriman

So the Bills don't sign Andy Levitre to a new deal because they don't think guards aren't worth the kind of money he was asking but then turn around and sign a different FA guard the following year for a similar salary? And the new guy wasn't even a full time starter with his previous team? Seems very unlikely.

So the Bills don't sign Andy Levitre to a new deal because they don't think guards aren't worth the kind of money he was asking but then turn around and sign a different FA guard the following year for a similar salary? And the new guy wasn't even a full time starter with his previous team? Seems very unlikely.

Agreed.

But i also wouldn't be surprised if they have conceded they were wrong about levitre and that scrubs line Collin brown are not adequate replacements.

I'm still sort of perplexed on how this type of thing happens to have so many FO people, and coaches completely miss on just how bad those back ups were.

Anyway, This guy did end the season with the Chiefs as their highest graded player by PFF at (+18.6) That grade is better then any current player on the Bills roster currently as an OG. So yea, he would be a big improvement over both Legursky, and Urbik. The Bills need to find players that can grade in the green while playing against the Patriots, as only Glenn and Wood managed to do that last year.

Hopefully the bills offer him a nice multi-year contract, and he accepts it.

agree 100%.

who's in your avatar and what is the wow, just wow about in your member title?

agree 100%.

who's in your avatar and what is the wow, just wow about in your member title?

Zack Martin is the pic who i recently changed from Mack. The wow, just wow goes back to 2012 when I had the three stooges for Nix, Gailey, and Wannstedt.

Then had an EJ pic with Jim Kelly were EJ kinda towers over jimbo, and it still kinda fit because i think EJ could be really good. Martin could be the next wow, just wow guy at OT-OG, and could move up to the top 12 by draft day. Could be the next Cordy Glenn.

"Martin lined up at both guard and tackle at the Senior Bowl and routinely stymied the competition with quickness, power and overall technique.

Though Martin lacks the prototypical size of a modern NFL tackle, he has exhibited impressive technique and better-than-average strength, and after a strong Senior Bowl showing, many scouts believe he could not only play on the outside at the next level, but could do so very well."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664509/zack-martin

I guess he could be interchangeable with Wood.

But yeah, if we are talking a 2-4 million deal for a proven LG, I would feel a whole lot better about taking one of the premier tackles in the draft.

2-4 mill for a top OG would be a good deal IMO, and I would prefer one of the top three OT's too with that #9. Edited by FeartheLosing