Geoff Schwartz OG - Bills are interested

MClem06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schwartz was one of the guys I hoped the Bills had targeted for free agency. Instant starter at LG...not an All-Pro by any means but would stop the bleeding at that spot.

As in I as well. I thought that picking up someone like Schwartz in free agency and addressing a need would allow us to draft one of the 3 OTs (Robinson, Matthews and Lewan). If the Bills do acquire Schwartz or a LG then I expect us to draft Lewan. Adding more talent later in the draft might still be a good idea and possibility but just getting those 2 players alone would really solidify our OL IMO.

Go Bills!

I'd sacrifice my daughter if this isn't true.

Your daughter is safe, I just Googled it.

So basically this is a non-story and in terms of its accuracy, it should be valued less than any random guy posting a rumor on this board.

Edited by kas23

I'd like to, too, but is that realistic? I suppose it could be if you guarantee more of it -

Something like a $6MM bonus, 4 year deal with a roster bonus in there in year 2 - basically insurance against loafing in year 1, and guarantee the first year. Team option for year 5 at a nice raise?

Overdorf, move over, I'm taking your f---ing job.

Yeah, I think they can massage the numbers if they want to...the important part is getting a solid player at LG without breaking the bank--it just isn't necessary for guards.

Plus, Levitre stunk last season. It was soooo smart of the Bills not to sign him for big dollars. I can't believe Bills fans are still disgruntled that we didn't sign him.

It's not that fans are disgruntled just because the Bills did not re-sign Levitre, it was also the fact that the Bills did a terrible job in finding an adequate replacement for him.

Isn't this the same guy who claimed Merriman got busted with steroids at the Canadian border? He's still allowed to put his thoughts into words?

Yes it is. He is a basement blogger and he is the worst.

What about Rhinehart from the Chargers, he only signed a one-year deal and he's a free agent again this season he could come back to Buffalo and fill in the LG spot.

I believe you are thinking of Chas Rhinegold

Isn't this the same guy who claimed Merriman got busted with steroids at the Canadian border? He's still allowed to put his thoughts into words?

that is correct.

But I'll say it for fact, that he was not wrong about the Merriman thing all those years ago. Your just gonna have to trust me on this.

Edited by mrags

I'd sacrifice my daughter if this isn't true.

I gotta' laugh when people mock Moran about this. The border agent that cuffed Merriman has been tailgating with us for 20+ years and is available to discuss it at our tailgate every week(when he isn't on duty). But you know.....who would believe Merriman was using PED's? That Moran is crazy! :lol:

I gotta' laugh when people mock Moran about this. The border agent that cuffed Merriman has been tailgating with us for 20+ years and is available to discuss it at our tailgate every week(when he isn't on duty). But you know.....who would believe Merriman was using PED's? That Moran is crazy! :lol:

I think we're all in agreement that a border stop took place, and I don't doubt that something was confiscated.

Now, if we're to believe that the US Government covered up illegal contraband crossing the border for a has-been Buffalo Bill, well, that's a bit more dubious.

I don't doubt that your friend stopped Merriman or cuffed him, and if he says something was confiscated I don't doubt that either; I just can't put too much stock in the steroids report when CBP Officials say there's nothing to it...what incentive do they have to cover that up?

I think we're all in agreement that a border stop took place, and I don't doubt that something was confiscated.

Now, if we're to believe that the US Government covered up illegal contraband crossing the border for a has-been Buffalo Bill, well, that's a bit more dubious.

I don't doubt that your friend stopped Merriman or cuffed him, and if he says something was confiscated I don't doubt that either; I just can't put too much stock in the steroids report when CBP Officials say there's nothing to it...what incentive do they have to cover that up?

it's not always on CBP to cover anything up. Trust me, they'd rather not.

But the story is true. Merriman was coming across. Was with steroids. Was brought in and questioned for hours.

Sometimes, the government of the United States is just more interested in who might be the big man behind the curtain making the drugs, or distributing the drugs, or selling the drugs, than the football player that's buying just enough for personal use.

thats been about where i chalked it up. if i was forced to bet, id have guessed that a stop happened, and that something was found that was probably questionable in nature (and i wouldnt be surprised at all if it was banned by the nfl).... minor steroid possession, or just sketchy performance enhancers, no idea... but nothing hugely substantial.

and that of course doesnt mean that moran is owed any credibility for how he handled it.

Edited by NoSaint

it's not always on CBP to cover anything up. Trust me, they'd rather not.

That was my understanding, yes.

But the story is true. Merriman was coming across. Was with steroids. Was brought in and questioned for hours.

Sometimes, the government of the United States is just more interested in who might be the big man behind the curtain making the drugs, or distributing the drugs, or selling the drugs, than the football player that's buying just enough for personal use.

I have no doubt that this is true...I just don't see why Merriman gets to slide on it...but I suppose that's for another discussion...back to the OP

That was my understanding, yes.

I have no doubt that this is true...I just don't see why Merriman gets to slide on it...but I suppose that's for another discussion...back to the OP

well, I have information that years ago (many), there was a doctor that was coming across the board that was "flagged" for search upon entering the country and a laptop was confiscated with many athletes names that were listed as a client base. I'm not going to mention any names but there were at least 2 Bills on that list (neither play on the team anymore, or are retired), along with a superstar golfer. Yet nobody every received any disciplinary action after confiscation of this laptop. But who knows, maybe the baseball steroid scandals popped up because of this. The government, FBI, DEA, ICE, Etc... Are all in the business of stopping these drugs from happening in the long term and one player means nothing to them. It's the large scale that makes a difference.

article shows that Schwartz might want multiple millions but that the Chiefs at this point are only 9.62 mil under the cap...oddly enough to the right in the article it has a headliner of Byrd being a good fit for Chiefs...if they cant afford 2-4 mil / year for an OL'man how do they suppose the Chiefs could afford 8 - 11 mil / year for Byrd??..lol...

is it my eyes or does my font look different in certain spots here ^...?

Don't worry it's just your eyes..:)

I'm mocking Moran about his conduct after the fact. You don't make yourself more legit with outlandish statements like that.

Merriman was once a (chemically enhanced) beast; he became a schmo, which is what he was before and after he left the Bills.

What's his PFF ranking? <insert devilish style smiley face>

I find it very settling that we have targets that are more under the radar and the subtype in the article then those of the big name bold headline variety.

Let's hope we find Manny Lawson types