Predict Jairus Byrd's contract - $25 Amazon card to winner

Estro

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He should of took Bills deal, nobody giving this dude 10 million per year. . Prediction >>> Raiders: 3 years, 12 million.

Why go to the Raiders for less $... They are one team I can confidently say are worse off then the Bills.

5 years 55 mil 25 guarantee Saints

Why go to the Raiders for less $... They are one team I can confidently say are worse off then the Bills.

He was joking.

But no one is worse off than the Bills. Ever ! And no one can take THAT away from us dambit .

Pretty difficult assignment by the way , OP !

Edited by 3rdand12

I enjoy trying to figure out what the market will be for UFA's on the open market. To make things interesting I'll send a $25 Amazon.com gift card to anyone who nails it. Obviously, it'll be very difficult to nail, none the less it's worth a chance of guessing. One guess only, no second guesses, no edits (any members who second guess or edit are out. I'll close it up in a few days. And just to be clear in order to nail it ..... you need to get the # of years, total contract value, guaranteed money, and finally the team that signs him, all of them right on the nose. So a guess would look something like this (for example purposes only:) 10 years - $25 million, $10 million guaranteed - Montreal Alouettes. I'll make my "real" guess just before I close the competition. If two guesses are exactly the same whoever posted first will win. Like I said, extremely difficult, just want to see if anyone is as good as Eugene Parker! Have at it.

The last time I saw so many people making what I thought were terrible predictions was prior to the Super Bowl when it seemed like more people were picking Denver than Seattle despite a match made in heaven for Seattle.

By not franchising Byrd the Bills just presented the market with it's best player.

The best player on the market hasn't gotten $10M or less in I don't know how long.

I am probably low but I say 7 years $75M with $40M guaranteed only because he has a few injury concerns.

I am not thinking about who will sign him but without researching teams that need him I will guess Cleveland.

The guys that sign early in free agency get the huge contracts. Byrd will be signed early.

I enjoy trying to figure out what the market will be for UFA's on the open market. To make things interesting I'll send a $25 Amazon.com gift card to anyone who nails it. Obviously, it'll be very difficult to nail, none the less it's worth a chance of guessing. One guess only, no second guesses, no edits (any members who second guess or edit are out. I'll close it up in a few days. And just to be clear in order to nail it ..... you need to get the # of years, total contract value, guaranteed money, and finally the team that signs him, all of them right on the nose. So a guess would look something like this (for example purposes only:) 10 years - $25 million, $10 million guaranteed - Montreal Alouettes. I'll make my "real" guess just before I close the competition. If two guesses are exactly the same whoever posted first will win. Like I said, extremely difficult, just want to see if anyone is as good as Eugene Parker! Have at it.

5 years 60 million, 35 million guaranteed, Cleveland

The last time I saw so many people making what I thought were terrible predictions was prior to the Super Bowl when it seemed like more people were picking Denver than Seattle despite a match made in heaven for Seattle.

By not franchising Byrd the Bills just presented the market with it's best player.

The best player on the market hasn't gotten $10M or less in I don't know how long.

I am probably low but I say 7 years $75M with $40M guaranteed only because he has a few injury concerns.

I am not thinking about who will sign him but without researching teams that need him I will guess Cleveland.

The guys that sign early in free agency get the huge contracts. Byrd will be signed early.

WOW, That is a TON of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't go that high. I am going to run with 6 years, 55 million/27.5 guaranteed by the Browns. And it will keep them in the toilet.

WOW, That is a TON of cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just can't go that high. I am going to run with 6 years, 55 million/27.5 guaranteed by the Browns. And it will keep them in the toilet.

Mario Williams was coming off an injury and the Bills gave him $16.25M per with $50M guaranteed two years ago with a smaller cap.

The lesson is that this isn't about how the rest of the league would value Byrd on average. That's what these estimates in this thread seem like.

All it takes is one team to pay Byrd $10M-$12M.

I am not the biggest Byrd fan but he is a more productive safety than Mario is as a DE and some people really value that FS in todays league.

Mario Williams was coming off an injury and the Bills gave him $16.25M per with $50M guaranteed two years ago with a smaller cap.

The lesson is that this isn't about how the rest of the league would value Byrd on average. That's what these estimates in this thread seem like.

All it takes is one team to pay Byrd $10M-$12M.

I am not the biggest Byrd fan but he is a more productive safety than Mario is as a DE and some people really value that FS in todays league.

Here we go !