D'Qwell Jackson (LB) Released by Browns

thebandit27

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we claim him off waivers? Minnesota is the only team that concerns me if so.

I'm not sure. I'm also wondering, in conjunction with this, since he has been cut is he free to negotiate now? Or does he have to wait until March 11th as well?

I'm not sure. I'm also wondering, in conjunction with this, since he has been cut is he free to negotiate now? Or does he have to wait until March 11th as well?

as he has more than 4 years service, he was released not waived. which should make him a fully unrestricted free agent today-- unless there was some tweak in the cba update about this i missed he can be signed just like any other guy on the street.

Edited by NoSaint

as he has more than 4 years service, he was released not waived. which should make him a fully unrestricted free agent today-- unless there was some tweak in the cba update about this i missed he can be signed just like any other guy on the street.

That is what I thought. I would think this would be great move for the Bills. It would fill a definite need and push down the priority of drafting one at 9. It would certainly give them options heading into the draft.

I usually ignore these "this guy got cut...interested?" threads...

But Jackson? Can't see how the Bills will not at least inquire...He's a good player at a need position... B-)

I normally ignore them too...I really like Jackson though

Yes, he can sign right away

I guess he doesn't fill what Pettine wants in his scheme there, but this seems to be a no-brainer for the Bills. Also, if he lived in Cleveland for that long, he could definitely be just fine with living in Buffalo. He may have his pick of the litter as he is a strong player that any number of teams should pursue. Fingers are crossed

I guess he doesn't fill what Pettine wants in his scheme there, but this seems to be a no-brainer for the Bills. Also, if he lived in Cleveland for that long, he could definitely be just fine with living in Buffalo. He may have his pick of the litter as he is a strong player that any number of teams should pursue. Fingers are crossed

the twist being that so many have said we will be keeping much of pettines scheme here as a counter to discussion about schwartzs schemes.

really, until we see some more info, its hard to advocate for any defensive players right now as we dont know what we will be running.

Edited by NoSaint

I'm not convinced of that...the Browns have done a lot of strange things organizationally in the last year, cutting Jackson to avoid paying his $4M roster bonus without consulting the coach would be but a pebble on a mountain of dysfunction.