D'Qwell Jackson (LB) Released by Browns

thebandit27

as he has more than 4 years service, he was released not waived. which should make him a fully unrestricted free agent today-- unless there was some tweak in the cba update about this i missed he can be signed just like any other guy on the street.

Thanks. I wasn't sure about that. I still feel that the Vikings are a threat for his services.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently it was a mutual parting of ways according to the Browns (except they were on the hook for a 4 mill roster bonus, so that just may have played a part). Pettine could have pulled the trigger to build with young talent and plans to draft a MLB (a la Nick Barnett cut, draft Kiko). Although IMO Jackson .> Barnett.

Someone find out if he likes to see deer in his backyard

+Iggles, Bears, Falcons, Cowboys

I can't picture the Eagles signing him unless they released Demeco Ryans or Mychal Kendricks...I believe they like them both quite a bit. Falcons & Cowboys would make sense...didn't the Bears draft Jon Bostic last year to play MLB?

I can't picture the Eagles signing him unless they released Demeco Ryans or Mychal Kendricks...I believe they like them both quite a bit. Falcons & Cowboys would make sense...didn't the Bears draft Jon Bostic last year to play MLB?

I didn't think about it any deeper than just teams who are "contenders" but bad on D who could use a good player. But you're right about those guys.

Cowboys are in cap hell

How much would he command? He's been a pretty good player historically, so I can see some team offering him quite a bit.

As stated above, sign him and Byrd and the defense looks quite formidable.

I'm just spit-balling, but a 30-year old LB on the open market? I'm going to say $3-$4M/year over 4 years

the twist being that so many have said we will be keeping much of pettines scheme here as a counter to discussion about schwartzs schemes.

really, until we see some more info, its hard to advocate for any defensive players right now as we dont know what we will be running.

My guess is that the release is as much to do with money as it is ability. I mean, I can't imagine, all things equal, Pettine preferring to be without Jackson, unless there was some cap benefit that they needed by releasing him.