Chris Hairston??

Codyny13

As we get closer to the draft we all know O-line is a big need at lg and rt. Has anybody heard any updates on Chris Hairston, his medical condition, or his availability for this upcoming season? Although we def need depth it would be great to have an in house option to relieve Pears of his duty. I know he's not a blue chip talent but he did show flashes and if memory serves right he had extremely long arms. This would allow us to take a true big time weapon for ej in round 1.

As we get closer to the draft we all know O-line is a big need at lg and rt. Has anybody heard any updates on Chris Hairston, his medical condition, or his availability for this upcoming season? Although we def need depth it would be great to have an in house option to relieve Pears of his duty. I know he's not a blue chip talent but he did show flashes and if memory serves right he had extremely long arms. This would allow us to take a true big time weapon for ej in round 1.

We did this last week. There is no news.

What's the big secret on his injury ? What exactly is his injury ?

What's the big secret on his injury ? What exactly is his injury ?

I thought it was his back, which also makes me question whether he would ever be ready to return.

For full disclosure I like Hairston and thought he was going to contribute nicely to this team in 2013 until it was determined that his health would sideline him for the entire season.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I thought it was his back, which also makes me question whether he would ever be ready to return.

For full disclosure I like Hairston and thought he was going to contribute nicely to this team in 2013 until it was determined that his health would sideline him for the entire season.

at this point, we have no idea. as far as ive gathered: the last update was nearly a year ago as "an undisclosed lower body injury" which kept him out of spring activities, at camp it devolved into simply "an undisclosed injury" when he went onto PUP/nonfootball injury list. he was walking and doing very light movement on the side of the field there and all the updates seemed to be "as soon as the doctors clear him, he will be a great asset to the team" giving the impression it could be any day.... and now its nearly march. he ended 2012 on IR with an ankle injury in december but even then it was described by gailey as a situation where he couldve been back by the final week but they didnt want to push it.

Good question for John Murphy

its been awhile since ive seen anyone ask, but it was 100% deflect and "cant wait to get him back" the last few times i saw anyone go there.

Edited by NoSaint

wont set the world on fire likely, but it would be nice to only add 1 not 2 guys at tackle

That's exactly how I look at it as well...if Hairston returns to pre-injured form he'll be a suitable swing tackle, which fills a large void with the (anticipated) release of Pears.

counting on Hairston to be anything more then a bonus at this point is a mistake

as we have no idea what the issue was or where he stands medically, all we can do is defer to the team doctors here. he could legitimately be 100% or he could be in a high risk situation.... that hes even cleared is a good first step (assuming hes actually cleared). Ill take any positive news on him as a good thing though.