Who is your "I knew we should have drafted him" pick??

Every year we all lament the fact that we didn't pick "that guy" in the third or fourth round who turned out to be a stud. Whether it is Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, TY Hilton or even (gulp) Tom Brady. Now is the time to go on the record and give a name that very few people are talking about (we are mostly concentrating on the 1st rounders)and see if that guy becomes the stud you were anticipating.

My pick is Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers. 6'6", 4.56 speed, strong, aggressive, legitimate red zone threat (go up and get it). The NFL Network list a few weaknesses such as "catches ball in his torso"...but the highlights seem to indicate otherwise. I can see him as a 3rd rounder. Knowing our luck, to the Pats.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason for me to shy away from it now, since I've been on this train for a while...

Donte Moncrief - WR/Ole Miss

EDIT: very close runner up would be Chris Borland - LB/Wisconsin, but I don't think he qualifies as a "nobody is talking about him" kind of dude.

Edited by thebandit27

No reason for me to shy away from it now, since I've been on this train for a while...

EDIT: very close runner up would be Chris Borland - LB/Wisconsin, but I don't think he qualifies as a "nobody is talking about him" kind of dude.

You think Moncrief will go in the 3rd or later?? I could have sworn I saw him projected as a 2nd rounder.

Every year we all lament the fact that we didn't pick "that guy" in the third or fourth round who turned out to be a stud. Whether it is Russell Wilson, Richard Sherman, TY Hilton or even (gulp) Tom Brady. Now is the time to go on the record and give a name that very few people are talking about (we are mostly concentrating on the 1st rounders)and see if that guy becomes the stud you were anticipating.

My pick is Brandon Coleman, WR Rutgers. 6'6", 4.56 speed, strong, aggressive, legitimate red zone threat (go up and get it). The NFL Network list a few weaknesses such as "catches ball in his torso"...but the highlights seem to indicate otherwise. I can see him as a 3rd rounder. Knowing our luck, to the Pats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zhPTLZ3Tdc

The Pats have been on receivers for years. They are not a good drafting team recently.

My guy is Shane Skov. Just looks like he will be a pro bowler. And he's not a need but I love Dri Archer of Kent. Playmaker.

The Pats have been on receivers for years. They are not a good drafting team recently.

My guy is Shane Skov. Just looks like he will be a pro bowler. And he's not a need but I love Dri Archer of Kent. Playmaker.

Skov will go in round 2 I believe. What's your guess for a "sleeper" in rounds 3-7 that we will say "Damn, we should have picked that guy"

Keith McGill, CB, Utah - although I think after his senior bowl and combine performances he probably goes in the 2nd or early 3rd round and I'm not sure the Bills are looking for a CB that high. I know CB isn't a big position of need but he is the kind of big bodied corner that you need now in the league against some of the bigger targets. If he is still there in the 4th I think he is too good to pass up, he would be pretty close to the BPA at that point I'd guess.

Edited by GunnerBill

I don't know enough about each college team to pick out a lesser known player from them. But I have watched every Syracuse game the past couple years. I think DT Jay Bromley will be a real good player but I think we'll avoid him because he's a Cuse guy. His measurables aren't that noteworthy but he always put his stamp on games. I think he could be picked in the late 5th or later.

Definitely a stud...I could see someone picking him late first/early second.

Keith McGill, CB, Utah - although I think after his senior bowl and combine performances he probably goes in the 2nd or early 3rd round and I'm not sure the Bills are looking for a CB that high. I know CB isn't a big position of need but he is the kind of big bodied corner that you need now in the league against some of the bigger targets. If he is still there in the 4th I think he is too good to pass up, he would be pretty close to the BPA at that point I'd guess.

You stole mine! But otherwise I'd say Shayne Skov, OLB from Stanford. Very athletic guy that I think would serve us well in that missing strongside spot.

Just my opinions here:

Skov will go in round 2 I believe. What's your guess for a "sleeper" in rounds 3-7 that we will say "Damn, we should have picked that guy"

Agreed...I think Skov goes somewhere in the 45-60 range

With his workout numbers (4.44 in the 40 and 4.19 in the 20s), I think McGill is an easy 2nd round pick. 6'3" guys with that level of speed are highly coveted.

I don't know enough about each college team to pick out a lesser known player from them. But I have watched every Syracuse game the past couple years. I think DT Jay Bromley will be a real good player but I think we'll avoid him because he's a Cuse guy. His measurables aren't that noteworthy but he always put his stamp on games. I think he could be picked in the late 5th or later.

Wow...nice call...I'll be watching closely. Pretty solid workout numbers (26 reps, 33.5" vertical, 8'10" broad)

You stole mine! But otherwise I'd say Shayne Skov, OLB from Stanford. Very athletic guy that I think would serve us well in that missing strongside spot.

Yeah...better grab him at 41 though...can't see him getting into the 70's.

I know it is the obvious choice but... I still remember like it was yesterday, stomping around the room, furious that we moved up in the 3rd and didn't pick Russell Wilson. My poor wife is so tired of hearing about it every time he makes a big play. Saw him play a lot for NC State. He was by far the most poised and athletic guy on the field.

I know it is the obvious choice but... I still remember like it was yesterday, stomping around the room, furious that we moved up in the 3rd and didn't pick Russell Wilson. My poor wife is so tired of hearing about it every time he makes a big play. Saw him play a lot for NC State. He was by far the most poised and athletic guy on the field.

So who is your "Russell Wilson" in this year's draft that will cause you to throw your wife's sewing kit through the tv??

I can second this. :thumbsup:

For me, it's Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State. He's got decent measureables, but they won't blow anyone away. But I love the way he tracks and snags the ball and his general feel for space and body positioning.

He was super productive in college, and I think he will be super productive as a pro. I predict he will consistently catch a lot of passes for a lot of years.

To my eye, he just looks like one of those guys who has a natural feel for the game. I would love to grab him in the second or third round.

Edited by Last Guy on the Bench