Scott Chandler

thewza

Just wanted to share an evaluation on local radio here in D.C. of our own Scott Chandler. In the Redskins off season report, Chris Cooley (now a reporter on local D.C. radio) gave his breakdown of available free agent tight ends. He ranked Chandler as #1 (assuming Graham and Pitta are franchised). It was interesting to hear Chris Cooley rave about him and call him a poor man's Gronkowski. I do like Chandler, but have never thought of him this highly. Thoughts? With this kind of review, should we be thinking higher of him?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to share an evaluation on local radio here in D.C. of our own Scott Chandler. In the Redskins off season report, Chris Cooley (now a reporter on local D.C. radio) gave his breakdown of available free agent tight ends. He ranked Chandler as #1 (assuming Graham and Pitta are franchised). It was interesting to hear Chris Cooley rave about him and call him a poor man's Gronkowski. I do like Chandler, but have never thought of him this highly. Thoughts? With this kind of review, should we be thinking higher of him?

No, we should be thinking of Chris Cooley lower.

How poor are we talking. Maybe in a homeless, senile, selling your body for nickels, rummaging through dumpsters for things to sell, hunting pigeons and rats type poor. Not welfare and food stamps poor. Chandler is a destitutely poor man's Gronk

hes a poor mans gronk just like fitz was a poor mans brady or stevie is a poor mans randy moss.

Chandler is good. It'll be a big blow if we don't resign him and don't draft or sign someone who's an immediate impact player.

i dont get the impression hes in the long term plans.... but that there are plans to invest in another starting caliber player. just my gut.

hes a poor mans gronk just like fitz was a poor mans brady or stevie is a poor mans randy moss.

I think that Chandler is average at best. He makes huge mistakes and is extremely limited athletically. His production can easily be replaced assuming you do not have guys like Lee Smith trying to do the job. I would not bother resigning Chandler as Moeaki is a better version IMO. I would draft a TE in the 1st 3-4 rounds or sign Pitta and go with Pitta/draft pick, Moeaki, Gragg and a blocking TE that doesn't commit a million penalties (sorry again Lee Smith).

i dont get the impression hes in the long term plans.... but that there are plans to invest in another starting caliber player. just my gut.

i can get behind this. Personally, I want a more physical TE. Not only when it comes to speed and quickness, but when it comes to contact. Chandler plays like he's much smaller than he is. Always seems to shy away from hits. News flash big guy, your a monster and should be destroying people. But he doesn't.

Give me a Vernon Davis type of guy. A TE that's borderline on a TE and a massive WR and this offense reaps the rewards.

But I'd love to keep Chandler under the franchise tag if we could manage to sign Byrd in the meantime and still draft a big physical TE. Chandler as a #2 would be phenomenal.

I don't know where the Chandler criticism comes from. He's got soft hands and can play. He's the best the Bills have had since Jay Reimersma.

thats not really saying much. Reimersma is probably the best TE we ever had and that's not a good thing.

We need a Vernon Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Antonio Gates type TE.

What were his comments on Brandon Pettigrew who is a very good TE, probably a better all around player than perhaps even Graham when you factor in his blocking ability.

What were his comments on Brandon Pettigrew who is a very good TE, probably a better all around player than perhaps even Graham when you factor in his blocking ability.

Even if you factored in a blocking ability where Pettigrew could sweep 7 men aside with a gentle sweep of his backhand, he would still be several orders of magnitude less of an all around player than Jimmy Graham.

No offense but Pettigrew couldn't tie Graham's cleats. That's like saying EJ is more complete than Brady because he can run and throw. Those comparisons are about the same.

Chandler is the tallest midget. He is a part of the worst position group in franchise history. He would not be hard to be replaced if the franchise put any effort into the position.