Draft: Donte Moncrief WR Ole Miss

thebandit27

seems like a legit player I would be ok with it definitely in the 3rd and even in the 2nd if we had two picks.. also, I know its a highlight tape but who is this qb, hits him in stride almost everytime but puts it up there when he needs to.

Yea who was the QB, I mean he was throwing some very nice touch passes.

But yea I could see Montcrief in a Bills Uni. Looks like a taller faster Woods. We would then put Stevie in the slot and move him around.

I like the idea.

Edited by Bufcomments

seems like a legit player I would be ok with it definitely in the 3rd and even in the 2nd if we had two picks.. also, I know its a highlight tape but who is this qb, hits him in stride almost everytime but puts it up there when he needs to.

Bo Wallace

From Ol Miss's site:

• Junior QB Bo Wallace eclipsed Eli Manning’s 2003 school record of 3,572 total offense yards in a season and finishes 2013 with 3,701.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• 2 weeks later...

Really like Montcreif - if we don't take a WR in the 1st he would be very high on my wish list for 2nd/3rd

I am liking some of your choices to get value. If we do end up going with OT in the first we can really make up ground getting players like Montcreif or Benjamin in the second. Then that Skeff or however it's spelled LB in the 4th. Hyde somewhere there, too.

This is a deep draft with many possibilities to help us solve our problems and at the least bolster depth for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I am liking some of your choices to get value. If we do end up going with OT in the first we can really make up ground getting players like Montcreif or Benjamin in the second. Then that Skeff or however it's spelled LB in the 4th. Hyde somewhere there, too.

This is a deep draft with many possibilities to help us solve our problems and at the least bolster depth for the next 2 or 3 seasons.

I just added in the combine thread that Hyde pulled a hammy in his first 40 run and ended up with 4.66 (official) then didn;t run the second time because of the hammy. He looked to be in great shape despite that - know he is disappointed because he was running 4.4 in combine practice. But I hope he drops because of it! Right into a Beelz uni.

• 1 month later...

Aside from the TecmoBowl music, the original OP video did not inspire.

He looks like just another wr. Who of course caught the ball on every play in his highlight reel. I didnt see anything "special."

This is not a thumbs-up or down. Just that we need a playmaker/difference-maker. If they take Ebron at 9, I assume you wouldnt still want or need Moncrief. (prob an OG or LB in that scenario).

Aside from the TecmoBowl music, the original OP video did not inspire.

He looks like just another wr. Who of course caught the ball on every play in his highlight reel. I didnt see anything "special."

This is not a thumbs-up or down. Just that we need a playmaker/difference-maker. If they take Ebron at 9, I assume you wouldnt still want or need Moncrief. (prob an OG or LB in that scenario).

Check out some of the new videos...more complete profile of what he was asked to do at Ole Miss...may give you a better idea

As for the draft, I won't be thrilled with Ebron at 9...and if they did take him there, I would still want Moncrief in the 2nd or 3rd, along with a RT or LB in the 2nd/3rd.

Mostly, I want top notch talent.

I liked Donte Moncrief very much the guys big, fast, major vert, big hands and has excellent highlights so I was thinking why is this guy rated 10th- 12th best WR

So here are the negatives I've seen out there

1. makes the spectacular catch but flubs a lot of easy ones not the best concentration

2. for a big guy with great vert does not win as many jump balls as you would think

3. routes are not as sharp as you'd like

4. does not block as well as his size would suggest he could

and to me the most worrying

5. often spectates when the play isn't to him

if the light goes on he might be as good as any of them but he could also spend most of his time in a coach's doghouse