FanSpeak's "On The Clock" - Try Drafting

Astrobot

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They updated their board yesterday..... here is this weeks attempt...

9 OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO

41 TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS WASHINGTON

73 G CYRIL RICHARDSON BAYLOR

105 RB CARLOS HYDE OHIO STATE

137 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH

169 QB TAJH BOYD CLEMSON

201 WR CODY LATIMER INDIANA

9 ILB C.J. MOSLEY ALABAMA

41 TE JACE AMARO TEXAS TECH

105 DE MARCUS SMITH LOUISVILLE

137 OT JAMES HURST UNC

169 RB DE'ANTHONY THOMAS OREGON

201 WR CODY LATIMER INDIANA

Edited by Beerball

Did a 3 round mock:

1. (9) Kahlil Mack OLB Buffalo

2. (41) Xavier Su'A-Filo OG UCLA

3. (73) Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame

Going with BPA at 9, then BPA by IMO, need. I think Xavier will possibly move up a bit after the combine, but is perfect for a power run game and can pass block as well at LG. Niklas is a big ole TE, but isn't hugely athletic.

Did a 3 round mock:

1. (9) Kahlil Mack OLB Buffalo

2. (41) Xavier Su'A-Filo OG UCLA

3. (73) Troy Niklas TE Notre Dame

Going with BPA at 9, then BPA by IMO, need. I think Xavier will possibly move up a bit after the combine, but is perfect for a power run game and can pass block as well at LG. Niklas is a big ole TE, but isn't hugely athletic.

This would be a great draft IMO. 3 starters should be the goal I would think depending on free agency. The Bills need a RT, LG, LB, TE and WR. If you can get 3 starters in the draft you really don't have a ton of holes. The talent level on the Bills is way up from where it was 3 years ago or so.

This would be a great draft IMO. 3 starters should be the goal I would think depending on free agency. The Bills need a RT, LG, LB, TE and WR. If you can get 3 starters in the draft you really don't have a ton of holes. The talent level on the Bills is way up from where it was 3 years ago or so.

I think it's an absolute home run draft if this draft happened in the first 3 rounds. Completely possible if Xavier doesn't move up too much.

Greg Robinson, RT

Austin Sefarian- Jenkins, TE

Shayne Skov, ILB

Martavis Bryant, WR

Aaron Murray, QB

James Wilder Jr, RB

Walt Aikens, CB

5-7 are straight BPA. I think there are three immediate starters from this draft: Robinson, Skov, and Bryant

I'm addicted to this. I've done another on the basis I'm now taking Evans at 9. I really like this draft. Think picks 1-4 all become year 1 starters and Lyerla whilst a huge behaviour gamble is a potential steal if you can get him focused and playing to his potential.

9 WR MIKE EVANS TEXAS A&M

41 OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON TENNESSEE

105 ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD UCONN

137 TE COLT LYERLA OREGON

169 RB STORM JOHNSON UCF

201 CB LAVELLE WESTBROOKS GEORGIA SOUTHERN

WR MIKE EVANS 9

TEXAS A&M - The board seems enamored with him now after the combine, so I took him. Not as sure as the others. Would rather trade down if I had the chance. But could live with him at 9.

G XAVIER SU’A-FILO 41

UCLA - Our biggest need at guard filled.

ILB SHAYNE SKOV 73

STANFORD - Our inside run stuffer to pair with Kiko on the outside. Our run defense really needs an upgrade.

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ 105

IOWA - We got our real receiving target in Evans. Another big, fast alternate target for our QB with soft hands and more importantly, also a good blocker for our RBs to up the running game

QB AARON MURRAY 137

GEORGIA - Someone else in camp to challenge if EJ doesn’t cut it by mid season. I do not want to see Tuel the backup behind Lewis if that happens.

S HAKEEM SMITH 169

LOUISVILLE - With Byrd a question after this year, another prospect is here.

WR CODY LATIMER 201

INDIANA - Can block for the running game and for the other receivers, big, tall . What can you expect in the 7th.

Edited by simpleman

Here is who I got. I bet the simulator changes a lot on Tuesday after some of the combine numbers:

R1

WR MIKE EVANS

TEXAS A&M

R2

OT MORGAN MOSES

VIRGINIA

R3

TE TROY NIKLAS

NOTRE DAME

R4

ILB MAX BULLOUGH

MICHIGAN STATE

R5

S DION BAILEY

USC

R6

RB KAPRI BIBBS

COLORADO STATE

R7

CB AARON COLVIN

OKLAHOMA

I'm addicted to this. I've done another on the basis I'm now taking Evans at 9. I really like this draft. Think picks 1-4 all become year 1 starters and Lyerla whilst a huge behaviour gamble is a potential steal if you can get him focused and playing to his potential.

9 WR MIKE EVANS TEXAS A&M

41 OT ANTONIO RICHARDSON TENNESSEE

105 ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD UCONN

137 TE COLT LYERLA OREGON

169 RB STORM JOHNSON UCF

201 CB LAVELLE WESTBROOKS GEORGIA SOUTHERN

I like this one alot. Good value with Storm Johnson and Yawin Smallwood, who is UConn's version of K. Mack. Not as dominant, but pretty disruptive player and great at run D.

Greg Robinson, RT

Austin Sefarian- Jenkins, TE

Shayne Skov, ILB

Martavis Bryant, WR

Aaron Murray, QB

James Wilder Jr, RB

Walt Aikens, CB

5-7 are straight BPA. I think there are three immediate starters from this draft: Robinson, Skov, and Bryant

Big question is what's up with the Washington TE? Like the Robinson and Skov picks. Byrant don't know enough about

I would think that people would be laying off the height thing at this point, especially after Russell Wilson. Zack Thomas was 5'11 and he was fine. I think Borland is a good pickup in the middle rounds.

Comparing Wilson to Borland is disingenuous. And I doubt Zach Thomas would be anywhere near a top pick in today's NFL; the trend is away from smaller LBs throughout the league. Where the Bills are headed, I think, is towards the Steelers model on defense, especially at LB.

Comparing Wilson to Borland is disingenuous. And I doubt Zach Thomas would be anywhere near a top pick in today's NFL; the trend is away from smaller LBs throughout the league. Where the Bills are headed, I think, is towards the Steelers model on defense, especially at LB.

I think Skov or Christian Jones would be great. Jones is particularly good at coverage. I would love to be able to get Jones and run-stuffer Bullock. Some LB rankings w/ their sizes here: (notice Smallwood is #2 here).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/ILB

tried to start another one, but after these picks i had to stop :D

QB DEREK CARR

HOUSTON TEXANS

OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO

ST. LOUIS RAMS

QB BLAKE BORTLES

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

QB TEDDY BRIDGEWATER

CLEVELAND BROWNS

DE STEPHON TUITT

OAKLAND RAIDERS