Astrobot

OLB KHALIL MACK Buffalo

S HA'SEAN CLINTON-DIX ALABAMA

G ANTHONY STEEN ALABAMA

WR BRANDON COLEMAN RUTGERS

DE KAREEM MARTIN NORTH CAROLINA

OT CORNELIUS LUCAS KANSAS STATE

RB DAVID FLUELLEN TOLEDO

Took a flyer on a couple local kids! But I would be really happy with this draft

Edited by Beerball

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of names keep showing up here that just don't make sense. First up is Borland. The guy is a midget in an era when the trend is towards big and fast. I cannot see him fitting in with the current Bills at all. The second is Tajh Boyd. Wow. Have you seen him play? At best, he's a project and the last thing the Bills need is yet another "Project with Potential" QB considering they already have 3 of those. Better to pick up an established backup. But if you absolutely, positively must draft a middle-of-the-pack QB, there are a bunch of them and you could start with McCarron or Derek Carr (who actually does have upside potential in my opinion). And could we stop with the TE mania in the first round, as if that was the one big thing keeping the Bills out of the SB?

As to guys like Skov, Seferian-Jenkins, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and Yankey, I wonder which of them will still be there in the second and third rounds.

On the plus side, I'm intrigued by the mention of Su'a-Filo and Zumwalt out of UCLA in later rounds along with Christian Jones of FSU. With the Combine coming up, I'd recommend checking out Cassius Marsh of UCLA. He's a fast and quick 260 lb DE with sideline-to-sideline speed who's kind of under the radar nationally. And he hits hard. If he's there in the fifth round or later, he might make for an interesting LB experiment.

I would think that people would be laying off the height thing at this point, especially after Russell Wilson. Zack Thomas was 5'11 and he was fine. I think Borland is a good pickup in the middle rounds.

Here's my first go at it:

OLB Khalil Mack Buffalo

DE Stephon Tuitt Notre Dame

TE C.J. Fiedorowicz Iowa

WR Donte Moncrief Mississippi

DT Caraun Reid Princeton

RB Storm Johnson Central Florida

CB Bene Benwikere San Jose State

I was given the choice between Mack & Sammy Watkins. Could they both still be around when the Bills are on the clock?

I love Tuitt and I think Reid has a lot of potential. I think the Bills really need more youth and more potential on the D-Line than what they currently have.

I can not believe I did not draft 1 O-Lineman. Guess I am hoping that the Bills will address that position in free agency.

Edited by Mark Vader

After working on my draft board last night I used the program again. Now this is a draft I would like.

Matthews and Mewhort could give us a stout Oline. ASJ is a big tall TE who immediately improves our offense. Skov on the inside with Kiko outside gives us a better defense against the run. Murray is later round competition to help push EJ. Boston is there to try developing in case we need more potential if we are forced to tag Bryd and replace him next year. Latimer is a pure project in the 7th to gamble on at WR.

OT JAKE MATTHEWS

TEXAS A&M

TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS

WASHINGTON

ILB SHAYNE SKOV

STANFORD

OT JACK MEWHORT

OHIO STATE

QB AARON MURRAY

GEORGIA

S TRE BOSTON

NORTH CAROLINA

WR CODY LATIMER

INDIANA

After working on my draft board last night I used the program again. Now this is a draft I would like.

Matthews and Mewhort could give us a stout Oline. ASJ is a big tall TE who immediately improves our offense. Skov on the inside with Kiko outside gives us a better defense against the run. Murray is later round competition to help push EJ. Boston is there to try developing in case we need more potential if we are forced to tag Bryd and replace him next year. Latimer is a pure project in the 7th to gamble on at WR.

OT JAKE MATTHEWS

TEXAS A&M

WASHINGTON

ILB SHAYNE SKOV

STANFORD

OT JACK MEWHORT

OHIO STATE

QB AARON MURRAY

GEORGIA

S TRE BOSTON

NORTH CAROLINA

WR CODY LATIMER

INDIANA

Not a fan of Matthews but Mewhort had an outstanding season at LT for OSU. He did not have a good Senior Bowl. I think he would be a nice prospect to get in the 4th.

Boyd will surprise wherever he lands IMO. He crushed Lsu's top rate defense in years past. Snagged him in 5th round in redraft if you like that better.

Struggles vs South Carolina often. I see him as mcnabb like with plenty of upside. He carries himself on field like a pro JMO.

Agreed. I like him better than Bridgewater. He will be a steal for someone if he falls to the third round.

R1
WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
R2
WASHINGTON
R3
ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD
R4
OT BILLY TURNER
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
R5
RB JEREMY HILL
LSU
R6
DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD
R7
DE AARON LYNCH
USF

Where do I sign?

WR SAMMY WATKINS CLEMSON 9

S CALVIN PRYOR LOUISVILLE 41

G GABE JACKSON MISSISSIPPI STATE 73

TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ IOWA 105

OT SEANTREL HENDERSON MIAMI 137

DE JOSH MAURO STANFORD 169

S VINNIE SUNSERI ALABAMA 201

and in this version, david yankey went 1st to the texans :D

Edited by Beerball

I doubt most people see RDE as a need but I don't think the Bills have one on the Team and while Ealy isn't the physical freak Clowney is he's a full size DE who can get after the QB and is not a liability against the run.

I agree. I think we may end up hearing the wailing and nashing of teeth, that will come from drafting a 4-3 DE at 9....when getting a stud there may, in September, when we play the games, end up being more important than LB.

how about this:

OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO 9

TE JACE AMARO TEXAS TECH 41

ILB SHAYNE SKOV STANFORD 73

RB ANDRE WILLIAMS BOSTON COLLEGE 105

OT AUSTIN WENTWORTH FRESNO STATE 137

DE JOSH MAURO STANFORD 169

G TRAI TURNER LSU 201

Edited by Beerball

Looks OK, but can the RB play on teams? And, is the TE an every down player?

amaro?? :blink: sure is. just split him out...............

and i am pretty sure a battering ram is a battering ram on teams too. and, mind you, fredex is getting up in age

9 DE KONY EALY MISSOURI

41 TE AUSTIN SEFERIAN-JENKINS WASHINGTON

73 ILB CHRIS BORLAND WISCONSIN

105 WR DONTE MONCRIEF MISSISSIPPI

137 CB KEITH MCGILL UTAH

169 TE CROCKETT GILMORE COLORADO STATE

201 WR CODY HOFFMAN BYU

OK I think this is a winner

Edited by Beerball

R1
WR SAMMY WATKINS
CLEMSON
R2
WASHINGTON
R3
ILB SHAYNE SKOV
STANFORD
R4
OT BILLY TURNER
NORTH DAKOTA STATE
R5
RB JEREMY HILL
LSU
R6
DE JOSH MAURO
STANFORD
R7
DE AARON LYNCH
USF

Not crazy about a WR that high. I would rather Ebron, a can't miss TE. WR is very deep this draft, let's grab one in 3rd. In 2nd, I'd pick ILB or OL, depending on our FA signings

Not crazy about a WR that high. I would rather Ebron, a can't miss TE. WR is very deep this draft, let's grab one in 3rd. In 2nd, I'd pick ILB or OL, depending on our FA signings

I completely agree. I really have not decided what I would want to do at 9 - Mosely would be my first choice, or trade down. No WR that high. I think Ebron is a huge talent but not sure how well he actually fits into the Bills offense and would not want to waste a pick that high if they aren't going to fully utilize him. However, for all we know they could already be building up the playbook for a guy like that. Marrone and Hackett though tend to use more of the Chandler TE model and in Baltimore (Hostler) they used Pitta, same type. I think Sefarian-Jenkins, Troy Niklas, Crockett Gillmore, or some others who could be had later would still be a nice upgrade at TE without using the #9 pick on one.

Here is what I came up with...almost took Connor Shaw in the 6th but didnt:

9ILB C.J. MOSLEY

ALABAMA

41G XAVIER SU’A-FILO

UCLA

73WR DONTE MONCRIEF

MISSISSIPPI

105TE C.J. FIEDOROWICZ

IOWA

137RB STORM JOHNSON

UCF

169OLB DENICOS ALLEN

MICHIGAN STATE

201OT JUSTIN BRITT

MISSOURI

Edited by YoloinOhio

9 OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO

41 OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO ALABAMA

73 TE TROY NIKLAS NOTRE DAME

105 ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD UCONN

137 RB JAMES WHITE WISCONSIN

169 QB TAJH BOYD CLEMSON

201 CB WALT AIKENS LIBERTY

I quite liked mine..... not sure how realistic Mack sliding to 9 is but once he was there I felt I had to take him ahead of Richardson who was still there as an OT, but Kouandjio fell to me as the BPA in round 2, which I don't think would be a terrible outcome. Niklas was a bit of a reach according to their board in round 3, but I think we have to take a tight end somewhere and if Tajh Boyd slipped to the 6th round In wouldn't think twice about picking him.

Edited by GunnerBill

9 OLB KHALIL MACK BUFFALO

41 OT CYRUS KOUANDJIO ALABAMA

73 TE TROY NIKLAS NOTRE DAME

105 ILB YAWIN SMALLWOOD UCONN

137 RB JAMES WHITE WISCONSIN

169 QB TAJH BOYD CLEMSON

201 CB WALT AIKENS LIBERTY

I quite liked mine..... not sure how realistic Mack sliding to 9 is but once he was there I felt I had to take him ahead of Richardson who was still there as an OT, but Kouandjio fell to me as the BPA in round 2, which I don't think would be a terrible outcome. Niklas was a bit of a reach according to their board in round 3, but I think we have to take a tight end somewhere and if Tajh Boyd slipped to the 6th round In wouldn't think twice about picking him.

I think that this is one of the better drafts that I have seen. My goal is to get 3 starters out of this draft (WR, TE, LB, RT, LG) are the positions that I think you can get (possibly even DE). If you want to count punter as well the Bills could certainly upgrade there.

I think that this is one of the better drafts that I have seen. My goal is to get 3 starters out of this draft (WR, TE, LB, RT, LG) are the positions that I think you can get (possibly even DE). If you want to count punter as well the Bills could certainly upgrade there.

Boyd will not last past the 3d round.