Latest from Kiper & McShay

Beerball

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see Watkins there either. I would think that Ebron is right around Vernon Davis as that matchup nightmare TE. I would be okay with him.

Me too :thumbsup: I hope his 40 times are good at the combine

The very last thing I want to see drafted @# is safety Ha'Sean "haha" Clinton-Dix. Jeez, with a name like that...it could happen if they don't get something done with Byrd.

The very last thing I want to see drafted @# is safety Ha'Sean "haha" Clinton-Dix. Jeez, with a name like that...it could happen if they don't get something done with Byrd.

I don't want Clinton-Dix at all either. I would try to trade back to like 15 if Watkins and Mack are both gone. I am not a fan of Evans, Matthews or Barr. I would be okay with Ebron I think at 9.

Watkins is an incredible player but he gets injured too much to pick that high IMO. He plays reckless so it could very well continue...

From http://www.sbnation....scouting-report

"While it's not an area for improvement, it's worth noting that Watkins missed a time last season with injury and suspension. As fun as he can be on designed running plays, he was injured in Clemson's bowl game by Barkevious Mingo on such a play."

Edited by Just Nguyen Baby

Watkins is an incredible player but he gets injured too much to pick that high IMO. He plays reckless so it could very well continue...

From http://www.sbnation....scouting-report

"While it's not an area for improvement, it's worth noting that Watkins missed a time last season with injury and suspension. As fun as he can be on designed running plays, he was injured in Clemson's bowl game by Barkevious Mingo on such a play."

Perfect - he can exit on every other down like his buddy from Clemson who already plays here

Who is going to help us get into the playoffs NEXT year? I think the OT is the key to opening up the running game and keeping EJ from missing games by providing excellent pass coverage. There are three blue chip OT's in the draft and one of them should fall to us. Whether they "like" the bills or not is irrelevant.

Who is going to help us get into the playoffs NEXT year? I think the OT is the key to opening up the running game and keeping EJ from missing games by providing excellent pass coverage. There are three blue chip OT's in the draft and one of them should fall to us. Whether they "like" the bills or not is irrelevant.

I think a TE/ WR that can be a redzone threat and turn fgs into tds could be a huge difference. I like Watkins but I love Ebron for this team.

I think a TE/ WR that can be a redzone threat and turn fgs into tds could be a huge difference. I like Watkins but I love Ebron for this team.

The only exception I'm seeing to getting an OT is Ebron because I agree with you that he would be a huge difference right off the bat. I'm having a hard time getting around the need for an OT and the presence of three blue chippers right there on the board. I'd go for the OT but I wouldn't be too disappointed if they picked Ebron.

The only exception I'm seeing to getting an OT is Ebron because I agree with you that he would be a huge difference right off the bat. I'm having a hard time getting around the need for an OT and the presence of three blue chippers right there on the board. I'd go for the OT but I wouldn't be too disappointed if they picked Ebron.

Fair enough. IMO, it's harder to find a good TE than a good RT. 1st round Ts also have a fairly high bust rate. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/draft/T-1980-now.htm That said, I really do like Robinson and while not being thrilled with that pick, I'd understand it.

Fair enough. IMO, it's harder to find a good TE than a good RT. 1st round Ts also have a fairly high bust rate. http://www.pro-footb.../T-1980-now.htm That said, I really do like Robinson and while not being thrilled with that pick, I'd understand it.

Read yesterday that Robinson has looked like a freak in pre-combine training. I agree about taking a blue chipper if you can, but maybe Robinson is one of those too?

He'll probably be the first T taken.

I think if he falls to us at 9, I would be happy if we take him. If we take another one of the other studs like Watkins, Ebron, Mack, Mosely, or trade down, fine. But I am not sold on either Matthews or Lewan at that spot. Edited by YoloinOhio

I think if he falls to us at 9, I would be happy if we take him. If we take another one of the other studs like Watkins, Ebron, Mack, Mosely, or trade down, fine. But I am not sold on either Matthews or Lewan at that spot.

I agree with all this. I generally of the mindset that with a high 1st, I want the best at their position, not the 2nd or 3rd best. Obviously, other factors can change this but I'd rather have Ebron/ Watkins over Lewan (who struggled at times this year).

I know that there are some who hate the speculation, but, if there is a run on QB's and 3 or 4 go prior to our pick that means that some really, really strong talent is going to drop and be available at pick 9. That should generate some interest from other teams & the Bills would be well advised to listen and be willing to drop a few spots so that they can add picks.

I know that there are some who hate the speculation, but, if there is a run on QB's and 3 or 4 go prior to our pick that means that some really, really strong talent is going to drop and be available at pick 9. That should generate some interest from other teams & the Bills would be well advised to listen and be willing to drop a few spots so that they can add picks.

My overall preference would be to add picks. This draft is deep and I think that is best case scenario and we can still address our needs. Based on the fact we don't need to take a QB this year, unless the Bills are locked in on someone they absolutely have to have at 9 (I would be surprised if this were the case) I think they will not hesitate to make a trade if they have a partner.

I think the trading down may be an excellent option but the nine pick is so fluid. As the first five or six teams draft that I would think the Bills may find a couple of players that they would seriously want at that position. The trade down is an option if, say, a hot qb is available and some team is willing to offer a great deal for him.

I can see it now. Key up the sound byte of Nelson from The Simpsons every time he makes a play. "Ha ha!"

I don't disagree with the strategy, but something tells me we won't see that run on QBs before we pick.

The more I look at this Draft the more I agree with this take...My one exception would be if OT Greg Robinson somehow managed to slide to #9...Which I realize is very unlikely...He's the one guy I would 100% stay put and Draft...Otherwise a trade down would be my preference...Even if Watkins is there at #9...And I really like Watkins a lot...I just think there is even better value in trading down a bit and picking up an extra #2...The mass influx of Jr's in this Draft has made the first two rounds very deep IMHO...And 3 picks in the first 50 or so would really give the Bills a chance to further improve this roster...I think in a trade down scenario Ebron, Evans, or Benjamin would be the target in round #1... B-)