What time and station is the Pro Bowl on?

Just Jack

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember a player who suffered a serious or career ending injury while playing in the Pro Bowl? I seem to remember a very good running back that was injured playing beach volleyball during pro bowl week which ended his career.

Even dumber - beach flag football.

Gruesome injury, too. Almost lost his leg below the knee.

This is certainly the best Pro Bowl in recent memory. The defense is really laying some hits and playing hard. Being able to play man coverage is a big improvement as well. All of that said, it is an all star game so there's only so much at stake no matter what you do, however, the changes they've made for this game have all been positive.

I think it has been a great defensive game. Players for the most part are putting out a strong effort. I also like seeing some of the same team match-ups on both sides of the ball putting it to each other.

I've seen more exciting but this is the hardest effort I've seen from the players in years!

I also love the effort I'm seeing from our players!

It didn't end his career though. Came back and played for the Dolphins, then the CFL.

It pretty much did, though. The guy came back and did pretty damn good, yeah but that was after two or three years of recovery and getting back to that point. It was a great story and tells you just how good and strong he was to come back but it really cost him millions.

If Byrd would have been injured then it would have been ridiculous. It's going to happen and I am going to be very upset when it does. Moorman getting hit by Sean Taylor a few years ago was a great example of how ridiculous this game is. Now that you have teammates playing against teammates and even worse - divisional opponents playing against rivals it is bad. A few dozen NFL players would take a shot at their division rivals in a heart beat to lay a hit on them in this powderpuff game.

It pretty much did, though. The guy came back and did pretty damn good, yeah but that was after two or three years of recovery and getting back to that point. It was a great story and tells you just how good and strong he was to come back but it really cost him millions.

If Byrd would have been injured then it would have been ridiculous. It's going to happen and I am going to be very upset when it does. Moorman getting hit by Sean Taylor a few years ago was a great example of how ridiculous this game is. Now that you have teammates playing against teammates and even worse - divisional opponents playing against rivals it is bad. A few dozen NFL players would take a shot at their division rivals in a heart beat to lay a hit on them in this powderpuff game.

Don't they have all season to get that in?

Best in years. Not an intense nfl game but atleast get to see them display some physical talents unlike several recent years where they simply walked around.

I agree. It's actually been a little fun to watch. Not terribly focused on it, but it's way better than the past few years.

Don't they have all season to get that in?

they do but this is a bit different. Players playing at half go, no real hitting in most cases. A good time to lay a few good shots in. I don't see the NFL imposing a fine against a player in the pro bowl.

My favorite post by sbnation.com talking about the teams:

For defensive tackle blurbs:

"The Buffalo Bills had one of the best run defenses in the NFL this season, so Team Rice was wise to grab their dominant defensive tackle duo of Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus to anchor the defensive line"

HUH??? I swear 10 year old kids should not be allowed to write for internet articles....lmfao...

they do but this is a bit different. Players playing at half go, no real hitting in most cases. A good time to lay a few good shots in. I don't see the NFL imposing a fine against a player in the pro bowl.

There seems to be that exactly not one of these guys looks like he is interested in doing anything like that in this game. It would make no sense anyway.