Possible Free Agent Impact of new coaches

jahbonas

Free Agents available from Detroit

Our new coaches would have the inside skinny on any of these options

QB 6'3 220 Shaun Hill - could be a veteran option, 34yrs old

TE 6'5 265 Brandon Pettigrew - 28yrs old - physical made 3.4 mil - 41 catches (prior had 59 83 71 catches)

DE 6'4 250 Willie Young - 26 yrs old had 48 pressures/3 sacks a rising young pass rusher in his 4th yr

CB 6'1 195 Rasheen Mathis - 33 yr old veteran - signed 1 yr deal

FS 5'11 205 Louis Delmas - 26 yr old (drafted 33rd overall) - likely cap hit cut - salary to be 6.5 mil

If Schwartz liked Delmas as FS - its possible we could switch ($9 million Byrd) for a (Louis Delmas + 2nd rd pick + $4 mil saving).

That's assuming of course we could trade Byrd for a 2nd and Delmas would sign for $5mil/year - and ofcourse Schwartz liked Delmas

Is Pettigrew an upgrade over Chandler?? Obviously he first has to sign here for that to even be up for debate. Looking at his stats, doesn't appear so?? Maybe he's a far superior blocker??

We could upgrade from Chandler, but if Chandler was our biggest need, we'd be in pretty good shape.

Wouldn't mind seeing the CB and FS signed.

Looking at his stats, doesn't appear so?? Maybe he's a far superior blocker??

Scott Chandler receptions last 4 years for catches ( 1, 38, 43, 53)

Pettigrew last 4 years ( 59, 83, 71, 41)

Schwartz would have to explain why the decline to 41 and can it be expected he return to his average near 70 catches

Pettigrew did miss 2 games last year - and would be considered a tough blocker which many think is Chandlers weakness

Is Pettigrew an upgrade over Chandler?? Obviously he first has to sign here for that to even be up for debate. Looking at his stats, doesn't appear so?? Maybe he's a far superior blocker??

We could upgrade from Chandler, but if Chandler was our biggest need, we'd be in pretty good shape.

Wouldn't mind seeing the CB and FS signed.

In terms of receptions, Pettigrew has 3 seasons better than Chandler's career best season. Pettigrew is also regarded as a good blocker. In fairness to chandler, Pettigrew was helped playing with the best WR in the league drawing lots of coverage.

I liked what I read and heard about Pettigrew coming out of college. Looks like he has been productive in the NFL. If he makes it to FA, I think tree will be a good market for him.

I liked him coming out of college as well but think he should have been more productive then he has been

Looking at his stats, doesn't appear so?? Maybe he's a far superior blocker??

Scott Chandler receptions last 4 years for catches ( 1, 38, 43, 53)

Pettigrew last 4 years ( 59, 83, 71, 41)

Schwartz would have to explain why the decline to 41 and can it be expected he return to his average near 70 catches

Pettigrew did miss 2 games last year - and would be considered a tough blocker which many think is Chandlers weakness

It's very hard to compare Pettigrew and Chandler, IMO, because Pettigrew has had a pro bowl QB throwing him the ball and Chandler has had Fitzpatrick and a rookie. I do believe Pettigrew is the better blocker. But with Stafford throwing you the ball and Megatron attracting attention outside the numbers you would think Pettigrew should be putting up really good numbers all the time.

Pettigrew AND Chandler would be best...big red zone targets

True. No law against having two good TEs. Also they signed Moeaki so he's sort of a wildcard in all this. I'd love to see Buffalo run some more two TE sets to help run the ball even better.

If nothing else when Delmas is released it give the Bills options. As for Mathis , I would like a solid vet as the 4th cb that could step up for a couple of games if needed.

Preach brother. I keep saying I want a dependable vet in the Ron Brooks/dime role and Ron Brooks in the Justin Rogers (last DB) role.

Free Agents available from Detroit

Our new coaches would have the inside skinny on any of these options

QB 6'3 220 Shaun Hill - could be a veteran option, 34yrs old

TE 6'5 265 Brandon Pettigrew - 28yrs old - physical made 3.4 mil - 41 catches (prior had 59 83 71 catches)

DE 6'4 250 Willie Young - 26 yrs old had 48 pressures/3 sacks a rising young pass rusher in his 4th yr

CB 6'1 195 Rasheen Mathis - 33 yr old veteran - signed 1 yr deal

FS 5'11 205 Louis Delmas - 26 yr old (drafted 33rd overall) - likely cap hit cut - salary to be 6.5 mil

I could see Pettigrew, Young & Mathis as long as they come for a decent price ...