Who do you want to be the next DC?

Who do you want for the next Bills DC?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want for the next Bills DC?

• Jim O'Neil (Bills OLB coach)
    • Donnie Henderson (Bills DB coach)
    • Asst from another NFL team (name him, please)
    • College DC or HC (name him, please)
    • Wade Phillips
    • Mike Singletary
    • Steve Spagnuolo
    • Jim Schwartz
    • Kirby Smart
    • Pepper Johnson

I'm curious to see what the board sentiment is here.

There are good reasons for continuity, for Wade, for young blood, for other experienced voices in the room.

Obviously we don't have a lot of names outside of retreads and a few of our own assistants. I'm also interested in John Chavis at LSU, but I don't feel like I know enough. Could merge this with the DC candidates thread, and I'll add anyone that makes sense to this poll, but cast your votes!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted O'Neil. If it is true Pettine wants him as DC I have to assume O'Neil understands Pettines scheme pretty well.

This would mean the D wouldn't have to start over again with a completely clean slate next season.

Edited by CodeMonkey

W A D E

The man has a track record of taking over bad defenses and making them good in one season.

With the talent we have plus the off season to acquire missing pieces we could very well have a better defense next year than we did this year.

Edited by reddogblitz

I'd go with Wade Phillips, he's been successful as a DC every where he has been.

I go Wade as well...He's a vet DC and I think the transition would be easier...Houston had one of the poorer Defenses in sacks and takeaways, but still finished in the top 10...Wade can coach Defense...A 1st time DC would scare me to death... B-)

Too much money?

Money might have something to do with it. Not that "Ralph is cheap", although he is notoriously worse when it comes to coaches than players. I just think Smart is in a good spot at Bama, and since it's just another DC job, it would take a lot of dough to move him. And even with the cash, he still might not be interested.

I would love to see him reunited with Dareus and the hiring would all but guarantee Mosley at #9.

Edited by DrDareustein

Money might have something to do with it. Not that "Ralph is cheap", although he is notoriously worse when it comes to coaches than players. I just think Smart is in a good spot at Bama, and since it's just another DC job, it would take a lot of dough to move him. And even with the cash, he still might not be interested.

I would love to see him reunited with Dareus and the hiring would all but guarantee Mosley at #9.

All true, but it would be truly GREAT to have him "in place" if you know what I mean......