Richard Sherman post game -- 'nuff said!

cage

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has gotten blown so far out of proportion it isn't even funny. The guy's a bit of a showboat. Big f'n deal. It's not all that classy, but it's kind of entertaining too. I find the necessity to put every player in a box and expect the same lame tired regergitated bull **** out of them to be more offensive than anything Sherman said.

I'm glad to see that the most pathetic members of our society have found yet another opportunity to cry about racism. I find everyone crying about racism in connection with this story to be more offensive than anything Richard Sherman did. To all the lilly white race crusaders, I'm sure Richard Sherman appreciates your support.

Let me say this about any responses that come across as racist.

I really don't feel Sherman is being held down by anybody here. He is a showboater, and some people don't like that. Regardless, he's in a pretty good position if he doesn't squander it.

But just as Sherman's statement in the moment says something about him, anything anyone says about the matter, with plenty of time to consider their thoughts, is more a reflection of themselves than it is a statement about Sherman.

While watching the game with some friends, the conversation turned to the decline of interest among us with the "product" that is the NFL. A league of classless, ignorant, street punks who can't act mature. You have coaches like Harbaugh that act like complete degenerates and the camera can't get enough. Then this punk gives the most ignorant post game interview I've ever seen and the fact that people think that's ok cements the argument. The league has now a large cohort of fans who act this way and think this is ok. Look back at the hall of famers from other eras.... Would Ronnie Lott act like that? Would Kelly, Smith, or Thomas? The nfl is a reflection of the worst of our culture and society and it's turning many people away. Go to a Bills game. It's evident. I didn't have seasons last year because it's out of control and no longer fun... Sherman's act is repeated every game in every section in upper deck and end zones. Life imitating morons.

And one of the people watching last night with us was a lifelong Hawks fan who thought Sherman was neither funny nor profession and downright embarrassing.

Statements like this prove what Sherman said this week are True.

All he had to do was say "I was excited and got caught up in my emotions. Crabtree talked smack all game and I wanted to have the last word." Everyone would understand and forgive him. But instead he doesn't really apologize and calls everyone racist for finding his unsportsmanlike rant unbecoming.

Edited by benderbender

Sherman said "Helluva game, helluva game" to Crabtree after the game. Looks like a lot of assumptions were wrong just as I assumed.

And if you do it to a bitter rival in that moment, you don't think it comes across predictably condescending and instigating?

Crabtree makes the catch and runs 30 yards out of his way after celebrating to slap Sherman on the butt and yell helluva game and try to put his just lost the game self on TV and you think Sherman would enjoy it?

Edited by NoSaint

All he had to do was say "I was excited and got caught up in my emotions. Crabtree talked smack all game and I wanted to have the last word." Everyone would understand and forgive him. But instead he doesn't really apologize and calls everyone racist for finding his unsportsmanlike rant unbecoming.

First off, he didn't need to apologize. Secondly, he called some people racist because of all the n bombs that were getting dropped on him on Twitter and the like.

Take the flipside - why is it forbidden to mention that he's from Compton, and that his performance resembled how a kid from Compton acts more than they resembled how a Stanford graduate would act?

Because he is both? Doesn't his example itself make this comparison untenable? You assume that the distinction between a kid from Compton and a Stanford graduate is meaningful. But Sherman is both. The only way it is meaningful is if you are working with how you assume a kid from Compton and a graduate of Stanford should be. You have proven your own assumptions wrong.

Good post. Agree 100%.

It was also very interesting to see Russell Wilson asking Terry Bradshaw for advice on how to win the Super Bowl.

Because he is both? Doesn't his example itself make this comparison untenable? You assume that the distinction between a kid from Compton and a Stanford graduate is meaningful. But Sherman is both. The only way it is meaningful is if you are working with how you assume a kid from Compton and a graduate of Stanford should be. You have proven your own assumptions wrong.

Yes, let's use the extremes to illustrate a situation.

I've seen Richard Sherman interviewed before. In the interview in question, I'd say I saw a young man that was still fueled by the emotion of the moment. This is a kid that has used emotional fuel, particularly of being the disrespected underdog, to overcome very long odds repeatedly as an athlete.

Has anyone questioned why the network shoved a microphone in Richard Sherman's face when he was "jacked up" like that? Think they'll do it again?

I've seen Richard Sherman interviewed before. In the interview in question, I'd say I saw a young man that was still fueled by the emotion of the moment. This is a kid that has used emotional fuel, particularly of being the disrespected underdog, to overcome very long odds repeatedly as an athlete.

Has anyone questioned why the network shoved a microphone in Richard Sherman's face when he was "jacked up" like that? Think they'll do it again?

Why wouldn't they? Everyone is paying attention to what happened on Fox. Attention feeds Ratings and Impressions = $$$. The better question is why Erin Andrews gave such a look of surprise. She is a friggin' sideline reporter on the game for four hours plus per week. She knows what these guys are like and what's coursing through their veins during the game.

Why wouldn't they? Everyone is paying attention to what happened on Fox. Attention feeds Ratings and Impressions = $$$. The better question is why Erin Andrews gave such a look of surprise. She is a friggin' sideline reporter on the game for four hours plus per week. She knows what these guys are like and what's coursing through their veins during the game.

Bingo.

my guess on EAs surprise: because the interview wasnt about intensity. she expected to be interviewing an amped up and excited football player, but thats not what sherman was. dozens of other players in every game, pretty much ever played, didnt act like that. sherman acted outside the norm, and in my opinion very intentionally in order to get attention. he made himself a lot of money by putting himself in the spotlight. i think he stumbled through it a bit, and probably couldve been sharper in his delivery to preserve some positive sportsmanship points for endorsements but generally speaking i think the only surprise for sherman in all this was how perfectly it generally worked out for him.

Edited by NoSaint

Umm, yeah. I think we all know the reason for Andrews' bewilderment. She didn't get to where she is today by toiling for years in lower markets in the sports journalism career field, gaining experience, then moving up the ranks. LOL

Umm, yeah. I think we all know the reason for Andrews' bewilderment. She didn't get to where she is today by toiling for years in lower markets in the sports journalism career field, gaining experience, then moving up the ranks. LOL

Hey, I've been meaning to ask you - what the hell is your avatar??