The Pats did it again.

I have thought about it the pas few days, since Blount has torn up opposing D's. Belichick and Schiano, former TB head coach are known to be good friends. In November of 2012 the Pats traded a 4th rounder for Aquib Talib and a 7th rounder. Then again five months later, in April of 2013 the Pats acquire LeGarrette Blount. The cost Jeffery Demps, a return man and a 7th rounder. In the end the Pats gave up a 4th rounder and Jeffery Demps for Aquib Talib and LeGarrette Blount. A very unfair trade between two good friends. NFL please investigate. Beat me up if you want and call me jealous, just seems to good to me.

Also Greg Schiano more or less owes Belichick. If Belichick didn't draft so many players from Rutgers Schiano would have never made it to the NFL IMO.

No beating up necessary. We all hate the Pats. Remember though, Talib was coming off a drug suspension and an attempted murder case. His stock was really low. And Blount was coming off a knee injury and likes punching people a lot. Like A LOT.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Still, it makes one wonder how brilliant Belichek is if he didn't realize what he had in Blount until the end of the season. Like the old saying goes, "A great quarterback can make a coach great." I offer Marv Levy as an example. Good, but when he got Kelly, he became great. Similar examples in Denver and Miami.

Still, it makes one wonder how brilliant Belichek is if he didn't realize what he had in Blount until the end of the season. Like the old saying goes, "A great quarterback can make a coach great." I offer Marv Levy as an example. Good, but when he got Kelly, he became great. Similar examples in Denver and Miami.

So, did .....

..... Joe Montana make Bill Walsh because ... Walsh never won a SB without Montana?

..... Terry Bradshaw make Chuck Noll because ... Noll never won a SB without Bradshaw?

..... Roger Staubach make Tom Landry because ... Landry never won a SB without Staubach?

..... Bob Griese make Don Shula because ... Shula never won a SB without Griese?

..... Bart Starr make Vince Lombardi because ... Lombardi never won a SB or championship without Starr?

..... Otto Graham make Paul Brown because ... Brown never won a championship without Graham?

Edited by Pneumonic

I don't think NFL head coaches are in the business of trading away good players to other teams with little in return just bc they are friends with the coach of the other team

The Pats always seem to be taking chances on players and just happens that two of them that worked out just happened to come from the same team.

Schiano made it to the NFL bc he turned around a program that most thought couldn't be turned around not bc the players he coached there got drafted

Edited by Max997

I have thought about it the pas few days, since Blount has torn up opposing D's. Belichick and Schiano, former TB head coach are known to be good friends. In November of 2012 the Pats traded a 4th rounder for Aquib Talib and a 7th rounder. Then again five months later, in April of 2013 the Pats acquire LeGarrette Blount. The cost Jeffery Demps, a return man and a 7th rounder. In the end the Pats gave up a 4th rounder and Jeffery Demps for Aquib Talib and LeGarrette Blount. A very unfair trade between two good friends. NFL please investigate. Beat me up if you want and call me jealous, just seems to good to me.

Also Greg Schiano more or less owes Belichick. If Belichick didn't draft so many players from Rutgers Schiano would have never made it to the NFL IMO.

This is crazy but I have some contacts in the NFL and they have picked up this post and are in the process of investigating this right now. Stay tuned...

If Belichick was so dam smart and great at player evaluation then why do his drafts suck so bad. It is almost all Brady. I will give the hoodie credit this year though. What he has done with all the injuries and with the bums at WR is amazing. But it still all begins and ends with Brady. Teams are still afraid of him even with the scrubs at wide out and TE now. Plus the offensive line seems to have gotten much better the last two years.

They beat Denver easily but they will be no match for Seattle.

No beating up necessary. We all hate the Pats. Remember though, Talib was coming off a drug suspension and an attempted murder case. His stock was really low. And Blount was coming off a knee injury and likes punching people a lot. Like A LOT.

Will the Patriots be turning into the Al Davis Raiders, who loved to bring in players that other teams wouldn't touch because of character concerns? Stay Tuned.

Talib was one of the better CBs in the league and was on the market for a 4th - I say that the Bills and 30 other teams are not dumb for trading for him.

Same with Blount. He was a monster, got hurt, and then was forgotten. Now its no surprise he is a monster again.

But the Bills would rather use top 10 picks on RBs rather than get established RBS for a 7th rounder.

Similar to Lynch being traded (for what turned out to be) Carder and Harriston coming off hit and run and gun incidents, deals with players with pasts can pay big dividends. Belichick has a history of taking this chance, hitting the jackpot with Talib / Blount as well as Moss, missing on Haynesworth (which only cost a 5th round pick)

If Belichick was so dam smart and great at player evaluation then why do his drafts suck so bad. It is almost all Brady. I will give the hoodie credit this year though. What he has done with all the injuries and with the bums at WR is amazing. But it still all begins and ends with Brady. Teams are still afraid of him even with the scrubs at wide out and TE now. Plus the offensive line seems to have gotten much better the last two years.

They beat Denver easily but they will be no match for Seattle.

From 2001 to 2011, the pats drafted the second highest number of Pro Bowlers in the league.

In 2008 they drafted Mayo (2 time PBer)

In 2009 they drafted Chung (now starting for Philly), Vollmer, Tate, Edelman

In 2010 they drafted McCourty (PB), Gronk (2 PB), Cunningham, Spikes, Hernandez

In 2011 they drafted Solder, Vereen, Ridley, Mallett, Cannon (currently starting)

In 2012 they drafted Chandler Jones, Hightower, Dennard

That's a lot of young starters drafted (and a lot of backups starting as injury plug ins) on a team that just keeps winning--yet you conclude that their drafts "suck so bad"?

One thread here telling us Brady makes Belichick look good.

Another says the exact opposite.

Because....wait for it....just maybe, MAYBE, it's a combination of the two of them? Is that possible? Maybe they both contribute to each other's success. No, it has to be one or the other. That makes more sense.