no charges in IRS investigation?

Azalin

its so easy setting him up. But it is an honest question. One I'd like anyone dare answer. It really can't be

It's very likely a combination of all the things you mention. Just like the initial order to give extra scrutiny to conservative groups was likely never said as such. Or that Christie never actually told Kelly to close down bridge lanes. But subordinates know the executive's intentions.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's very likely a combination of all the things you mention. Just like the initial order to give extra scrutiny to conservative groups was likely never said as such. Or that Christie never actually told Kelly to close down bridge lanes. But subordinates know the executive's intentions.

True.

August 9, 2010: "Right now all around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads... And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it's a foreign-controlled corporation" - President Obama

August 21, 2010: “You don’t know if it’s a foreign-controlled corporation... The only people who don’t want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide.” - President Obama

In October 2010, Obama ramped up the wattage and declared that conservative tax-exempt groups represented a “threat to our democracy.”

Yet we are to believe that a few rogue IRS employees just happened during that time to begin systematically targeting conservative groups ?

True.

August 9, 2010: "Right now all around this country there are groups with harmless-sounding names like Americans for Prosperity, who are running millions of dollars of ads... And they don't have to say who exactly the Americans for Prosperity are. You don't know if it's a foreign-controlled corporation" - President Obama

August 21, 2010: “You don’t know if it’s a foreign-controlled corporation... The only people who don’t want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide.” - President Obama

In October 2010, Obama ramped up the wattage and declared that conservative tax-exempt groups represented a “threat to our democracy.”

Yet we are to believe that a few rogue IRS employees just happened during that time to begin systematically targeting conservative groups ?

The performance and evaluation scale, as well as the reporting structure, of the IRS makes the "rogue agent" explaination unplausable.

I just have a hard time believing the ones at the bottom just go along with it. At least in the FBI. Any and all agents I have met - bout a dozen or more - are all Republican/conservative.

In my rather copious government experience, the executives rarely even know their own intentions.

I just have a hard time believing the ones at the bottom just go along with it. At least in the FBI. Any and all agents I have met - bout a dozen or more - are all Republican/conservative.

The field agents, if given the full docket would have probably kept digging. But we don't know the scope of the investigation, and judging by who was not interviewed in the investigation, my guess is that the scope was very very narrow.

The field agents, if given the full docket would have probably kept digging. But we don't know the scope of the investigation, and judging by who was not interviewed in the investigation, my guess is that the scope was very very narrow.

"Were you a bad boy?"

"No!"

"...okay, good enough for me. Write it up."