Frank Reich...moving up in the ranks?

Buftex

I could be wrong, they may have just been talking about the cheerleaders, but I remember Reich was always very involved in the games he was backup. Huddling with Kelly and the coaches and his clipboard while the defense was on the field. I always thought he was an extra set of eyes for Kelly during the game. Looking for weaknesses and tendencies. It seemed he was an extra member of the coaching staff even back then, A real intelligent student of the game with great QB instincts. Not just a backup waiting for the starter to get hurt and waiting for his big chance on the field like most back ups.

do we have a WR coach yet? If not, perhaps Reed? (well, I guess as long as he is good friends w/ Marrone, which seems to be the requirement for being a coach here).

But, back to the thread, glad to see that F. Reich is the OC in San Diego. It's been a long time coming. Hopefully a HC job is next.

Edited by RyanC883

Good for Reich. He deserves the shot.

Very interesting that the HC in S.D ,McCoy, realized you need an OC with NFL exp AND a QB coach with NFL exp.

Meanwhile Buffalo has 1 guy doing both OC and QB coach, neither position he has ever held at the NFL level. Another thing Marrone should but most likely will not address, thus leaving us with another 6-10 year.

People forget, Frank is a committed Christian, with strong ties to the Bible Belt. Yes SD is a better climate, but OC in SD vs. OC in TN, could be a tough choice for him, esp with SD's stadium issues.

If Frank could turn CJ2K into a faster Thurmal, that would be a start right there.

I'm for committing all of them.

Good for Reich. He deserves the shot.

Very interesting that the HC in S.D ,McCoy, realized you need an OC with NFL exp AND a QB coach with NFL exp.

Meanwhile Buffalo has 1 guy doing both OC and QB coach, neither position he has ever held at the NFL level. Another thing Marrone should but most likely will not address, thus leaving us with another 6-10 year.

I agree with the idea that you should surround your young QB with experienced coaches. That said, I think Marrone spends a lot of time working with EJ as well.

I agree with the idea that you should surround your young QB with experienced coaches. That said, I think Marrone spends a lot of time working with EJ as well.

Of course.... while I think a QB coach can usually be helpful, sometimes it isn't depending on the QB (I think Fitz regressed under David Lee). Hackett is inexperienced but Marrone isn't.

Could Reich be the next HC of the Bills? Personally, I do not believe Marrone will succeed in taking the Bills to the playoffs, but he will probably get to finish out his contract. By then, Reich will be ready for a HC gig..

Could Reich be the next HC of the Bills? Personally, I do not believe Marrone will succeed in taking the Bills to the playoffs, but he will probably get to finish out his contract. By then, Reich will be ready for a HC gig..

It's a strong possibility, but won't happen. I look back though and wonder why Frank wasn't considered for a QB coaching job here, so won't get my hopes up on him coming here to be our HC. More often than not, coaching selections are not based on aptitude. Nevertheless, I wish him all the best!