Can Khalil Mack play MLB

jahbonas

I have not seen enough of him to guess if he could slide inside- but it seems he has the size to do so at 6'3 248lbs.

I remember Wade Phillips had used Cornelius Bennet inside at times and worked very well.

It could be the final piece to a tough defense and allow Kiko to move outside to a more natural weak side OLB position.

Then draft OL in rd2 and rd 3........

I think on the D side LB is there #1 need and resigning Byrd. They don't need a LT so going guard or RT in round #2 makes sense as you don't want ot pick a guard or RT at #9. Wouldn't mind them trading dow neither. If they don't go with LB I also wouldn't mind another CB though admittedly their secondary played much better than I would have expected, but can never have too many QB. The way the game is going, we have the nickel back, then the dime, can't jump to the "quarter" or "half" so what's next, only think left is the penny back.

I have not seen enough of him to guess if he could slide inside- but it seems he has the size to do so at 6'3 248lbs.

I remember Wade Phillips had used Cornelius Bennet inside at times and worked very well.

It could be the final piece to a tough defense and allow Kiko to move outside to a more natural weak side OLB position.

Then draft OL in rd2 and rd 3........

Mack certainly has the talent to play MLB, but I think it'd be a waste. I see him as a WSLB in a 4-3. That would maximize his value. And with Kiko at MLB already and playing very well there why mess with such a good thing?

Getting a true #1 WR is priority #1 this offseason. Stevie isn't one. WR, then LB and Guard.

Mack certainly has the talent to play MLB, but I think it'd be a waste. I see him as a WSLB in a 4-3. That would maximize his value. And with Kiko at MLB already and playing very well there why mess with such a good thing?

Exactly. We have our ILB WTF would anyone want to screw with success? Kiko is our ILB for years to come.

Even the Bills think he'll end up outside.

I think what you are thinking is where Pettine said he wasn't suppose to originally be the MLB but was put there out of necessity. He also said he could see Kiko playing a lot of different positions. I don't think he's ever said he plans or had planned to move him to WLB, which is still an ILB in Pettines scheme.

Personally, I think why change a good thing. Kiko played MLB all season and played it well. There's more to the position than just being a big thumper. It requires intelligence and leadership. He can do everything thats required of a MLB. He takes on blockers and sheds them well. He made some rookie mistakes, but that has nothing to do with his size. Unless the Bills think they are getting a MLB thats better than Kiko, I wouldn't change it. Just find the WLB.

Mack could play the LB position next to Kiko and probably be a player like Bart Scott used to be for the Jets. He probably wouldn't like this because its hard to get drafted in the top 50 for this position. If they could get him in round 3, good deal and most likely great fit.

Re: Kiko, he wouldn't really be moving "outside"...the Bills want him to play the "Will" LB spot. In Pettine's D, the Will isn't really an outside 'backer, even though he technically the last LB to his side of the field. The style of play and responsibilities are almost identical to a traditional 3-4 ILB.

I think the distinction is worth noting.

Getting a true #1 WR is priority #1 this offseason. Stevie isn't one. WR, then LB and Guard.

Exactly. We have our ILB WTF would anyone want to screw with success? Kiko is our ILB for years to come.

the only thing I can think of, is switching back to the 3-4 full time.

Having Kiko and Mack inside with Mario at OLB and switching between Hughes and Lawson in pass vs run situations.

Would then keep Williams on the DL at RDE and Dareus on the DL at LDE and Bryant inside at DT.

Would be pretty solid actually.

Anyone who drafts Mack will be doing so because of his pass rushing ability so why would you want to change his position?

doesnt mean he can't rush the passer from the ILB spot.

But I agree, don't fit a square peg Into a round hole.