Andre Reed Elected into the Pro Football HOF

I feel just like you KOKBILLS, it has been a travesty that it took so long, and love the stats on Irvin, there is no way he should have gotten in before Reed, but the process seems to take into account, the guys who have a platform like NFL network. Not to mention a love for the loud and obnoxious player..i.e: Irvin, Sapp, Sanders, while the class acts like Bettis, Andre, and Art Monk have to wait. The next guy who is going to walk in will be Rodney Harrison, who was a solid player but not a HOF'er, but give a platform and introduce him every Sunday as a future HOF'er and the voters will agree.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Andre Reed 234 games, 951 catches 13,198 16.9 average 87 TDs. Michael Irvin 159 games 750 catches 11,904 yards 15.9 average 65 TDs. Finally the better WR made the Hall of Fame. HOF has become a popularity contest with voters recently more than on the merits.

I think that basehead bought his way into the HoF, or his team owner did for him.

That makes five (some people are forgetting Lofton) from those SB teams. Would have been more if they won one. That compares to old Steeler, Cowboy and Packer teams. How do you lose 4 with all of those Hall of Famers in their prime? Now that's a feat that will never be duplicated!

Does Ray Guy getting in give any hope to Steve Tasker (maybe in 20 years)?

Yeah, I wonder how many more pro bowls Kyle would have to earn to be considered?

About 20 - LOL.............I just don't think Kyle is a HOFer.

Does Ray Guy getting in give any hope to Steve Tasker (maybe in 20 years)?

My brother and I were discussing this tonight. I think it does. Tasker revolutionized the gunner position and is considered by many to be the best Special Teams player of all-time. It probably won't be any time soon but I believe he'll eventually be a HOFer. IMHO, Kent Hull deserves to be in, too, but I don't think he'll make it. A Super Bowl win may have changed that and expedited Andre's entrance, as well.