What is your second favorite NFL team?

Alright, I'm not exactly sure how this topic is going to play out, but I am a die-hard Buffalo Bills fan, and that will never change as long as they stay in Buffalo. However, before next season starts, I will have turned 30. Not old, but being an overweight guy, probably halfway through my life. I've been a Bills fan since Don Beebee stripped Leon Lett in the Superbowl, and have been able to follow them since the 1999 season, ending in the forward lateral game, when I got the internet and found billsdaily.com, which made it easier to follow a team I lived a 4 hour drive from (I live in CNY, can't just turn on 550). So my entire time actively following this team has been through this playoff drought, through the misery and heartbreak, finding a way to lose winnable games... you all know the score.

So I have been thinking lately, over the last year and a half or so, that it might not be a terrible idea to get a second team to follow. I will always follow the Bills #1 and there's no question about that whatsoever. However, I would like to see a team I actually pull for make the Superbowl and maybe even win it before I die, and it might be time to double my odds of seeing that happen. So my question to you guys is, do you guys have a 2nd team, and who is it? Maybe this would help me find a different team to follow every day. I don't want to bandwagon a good team, and have no interest in the teams that are the Bills' rivals or divisonal opponents, so under those 3 stipulations, in my eyes, that disqualifies the following teams:

New England

Miami

New Jersey (B)

Indianapolis

Steelers

Bengals

Ravens

San Diego

Denver

Kansas City

New Jersey (A)

Dallas

New Orleans

Carolina

Green Bay

San Francisco

Seattle

So that leaves 15 teams, by my account, that I see as bad enough to start following and watch them build a winner, but doesn't conflict with established rivalries. There's probably a team or 2 that I forgot that you may personally hate and think requires disqualification, and if so, let me know. If you have your 2nd favorite team and it happens to be one of the ones I have listed as disqualified from consideration, also please chime in and give me a convincing argument why I should re-consider them. Let me know what you guys think, whose going to be my second favorite team??

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't have a second favorite team, but my favorite player is Peyton Manning. I used to root for the Colts because of Peyton, and it's kind of carried over to Luck for me a little bit. I don't really root for Denver, but I like to see Peyton do well and possibly another ring.

My friends always joke that if the bills move or cease to exist that they would go to all ends to get me to be a fan of their team.

With no friend input id probably choose Cleveland because it is the most similar to the bills

W friend input I'd probably go raiders as my college roommate is from there and a diehard

Edited by Bills of Boston

The Buffalo Bills?

I love to watch most NFL games, but I only root for the Bills (and watching Bills games definitely feels like a different experience - I'm more focused, nervous and the time seems to fly by)!

Don't really have any personal favorites, but I do enjoy when some of my friend's teams do well. Being that I have friends from all over the country, its kinda nice haha. Right now, the only team left of my friends is the Packers, so I guess I'll be going for them.

I don't really follow other teams, but if I were to pick a least repulsive team I would lean towards the Chargers.

Simply because they have a history of bringing on the castoffs from the Bills organization and giving them another shot. Those castoffs were more often than not successful at making that team competitive while the Bills gradually sank into obscurity.

The Colts (see above and insert Ted Marchibroda and Bill Polian).