The Affordable Care Act II - Because Mr. Obama Loves You All

Apparently having health insurance will save your life.

Who knew? Clearly Chelsea Clinton THOUGHT she knew.

Except that’s not exactly true, unless you’re pushing the Obamacare narrative and carrying the progressive water that says government should magically provide health insurance to everyone.

Democrats continue to confuse health insurance with health care, which makes the Obamacare argument so damn annoying. Ok that’s not entirely true, the idea of Obamacare is annoying all on its own, but the notion that having insurance means you automatically get care is pretty stupid too.

The "government" doesn't pay for anything...taxpayers do...if you get your HC from your employer - you pay for it as part of your compensation package.....if you buy a product - you pay for HC in the price of that product.....

If the economic percentage cost of HC to our GDP was on par with other OECD countries.....we could balance the federal budget, raise your wages, reduce taxes....

The GOP had seven years to turn the cost curve around - and they imploded.....

Rich Lowry nails it

Just about a perfect write up of dysfunction of the GOP. They deserve to be voted out of office.

Yes he does. This is a mostly conservative board so most on here despise Obama, but he was instrumental in passing the ACA because he understood the bill from front to back. He even held hearings at the White House and helped sell it to the American people. Trump would sign single payer if you put it in front of him. Plus, wasn't the ACA debated on the Senate floor for about a whole month? Didn't they meet with insurance companies, hospital and doctor representatives, and pharmaceutical companies?

Edited by Doc Brown

Yes he does. This is a mostly conservative board so most on here despise Obama, but he was instrumental in passing the ACA because he understood the bill from front to back. He even held hearings at the White House and helped sell it to the American people. Trump would sign single payer if you put it in front of him. Plus, wasn't the ACA debated on the Senate floor for about a whole month? Didn't they meet with insurance companies, hospital and doctor representatives, and pharmaceutical companies?

They did. And you are right, Obama did understand much of what was written in the law, but he also either misrepresented what was in it or outright lied. But none the less, he had a much stronger grasp of what their bill was than what Trump does of his.

I still can't believe that he actually was elected, to this day it still blows my mind.

They did. And you are right, Obama did understand much of what was written in the law, but he also either misrepresented what was in it or outright lied. But none the less, he had a much stronger grasp of what their bill was than what Trump does of his.

I still can't believe that he actually was elected, to this day it still blows my mind.

I also wonder if the famous "If you want your doctor you can keep your doctor" line was an optimistic statement based on how they thought the ACA would succeed or a known lie used to sell the ACA to the American people. He did apologize for it later on, but Republicans continue to rightly criticize him for it.

I also wonder if the famous "If you want your doctor you can keep your doctor" line was an optimistic statement based on how they thought the ACA would succeed or a known lie used to sell the ACA to the American people. He did apologize for it later on, but Republicans continue to rightly criticize him for it.

It was a lie.

What blows my mind is the never ending glee with which a majority of this board still celebrates that Hillary lost, while ignoring the !@#$ed state of our president.

I get it. Cersei Lannister lost. But we elected Aegon Targaryan.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

What blows my mind is the never ending glee with which a majority of this board still celebrates that Hillary lost, while ignoring the !@#$ed state of our president.

That's a horrible comparison as they both used wildfire to kill those that opposed them. Plus, they have a monarchy while we live in a Republic who's founders through the constitution made sure the president couldn't turn into a dictator.

That's a horrible comparison as they both used wildfire to kill those that opposed them. Plus, they have a monarchy while we live in a Republic who's founders through the constitution made sure the president couldn't turn into a dictator.

So you don't think we live in Game of Thrones? Thanks Hodor.

I embrace the !@#$ed state of our president, as it's an opportunity for the rest of the government to do it's !@#$ing job.

Anyone who thinks the Trump Presidency is a crisis is part of the problem.

I embrace the !@#$ed state of our president, as it's an opportunity for the rest of the government to do it's !@#$ing job.

Anyone who thinks the Trump Presidency is a crisis is part of the problem.

I recognize that the expansion of exec powers is a problem and addressing that would be great. So far I see no evidence of any change on this front. Only the possibility of party gridlock to block the president in two years.

And even if we somehow rebalance the exec, legislative, and judicial powers, I still see Trump as an awful president who is bad for the country.

You're kidding right?

So they're going to vote today about agreeing to proceed on a debate about whether to just repeal with a two year delay or repeal and replace? My prediction is the vote to proceed passes, but nothing else after that does. Trump will then say let Obamacare die and the GOP moves on to tax breaks to please their donors. Oh, and just a question for the old timers here that know US political history better than me. Does a president usually threaten to fire his HHS secretary and put pressure on a senator while giving a speech to boy scouts?

What's the joke? That we get 50 posts a day celebrating that Cersei lost? Or do you think it's more like we elected Joffrey? I could see that.

The joke's that anyone thinks that we'd have been safer, better off, or somehow improved with Hillary as president. We'd have been !@#$ED.