Top flight qb...luck

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Come on man! You can't declare Luck better than Kelly this early on, I am a Luck fan he needs sustained success before you put him into the HOF.

luck is playing with zero pro bowlers on offense.

kelly had....thomas, reed, lofton, wilford, richter, hull, ballard

Indy getting Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck is pretty amazing.

There are plenty of franchises who have never had 1 QB as good as either of those guys.

Can you think of any years other than those that had such sure fire no.1 overall QBs? It was fool proof for the colts not to screw up those picks.

Can you think of any years other than those that had such sure fire no.1 overall QBs? It was fool proof for the colts not to screw up those picks.

Elway in '83. Ironically involving the Colts as well.

GO BILLS!!!

luck is playing with zero pro bowlers on offense.

kelly had....thomas, reed, lofton, wilford, richter, hull, ballard

At what point in his career did Kelly have those pro bowlers? It certainly wasn't his second year bc Thomas and Lofton were not even on the team yet and Reed wasn't a pro bowler yet

As im watching indy mount a comeback, it just goes to show you in todays day and age a top flight QB is a requirement. I hope I am wrong but I just dont see it in Manuel, although the sample size is small it sure was rather stinky.

Luck was widely regarded as the closest thing to a can't miss prospect since Peyton Manning. EJM was among the best of a rather average lot. I doubt anyone saw EJM as some kind of Luck clone. Those guys only come along once every 15-20 years. As far as the game, Luck is very good, but the Chiefs questionable coaching decisions and a heap of injuries played a large role there. There's no way you lose a game when leading 38-10 in the 2nd half without gross mismanagement.

Indy getting Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck is pretty amazing.

There are plenty of franchises who have never had 1 QB as good as either of those guys.

Montana and Young

Staubach and Aikman

Favre and Starr

Brady and Bledsoe

Bradshaw and Roethlisberger

Marino and Griese

LOL Elway and Manning

Luck was widely regarded as the closest thing to a can't miss prospect since Peyton Manning. EJM was among the best of a rather average lot. I doubt anyone saw EJM as some kind of Luck clone. Those guys only come along once every 15-20 years. As far as the game, Luck is very good, but the Chiefs questionable coaching decisions and a heap of injuries played a large role there. There's no way you lose a game when leading 38-10 in the 2nd half without gross mismanagement.

I think 5 injuries on your starting players as well as having a third string RB makes it tough to control the game.

At what point in his career did Kelly have those pro bowlers? It certainly wasn't his second year bc Thomas and Lofton were not even on the team yet and Reed wasn't a pro bowler yet

The Bills also didn't sniff the playoffs in his 2nd yr and when they did in yr 3 the defense carried them.

I mean we all know its a different game now and its not fair to compare stats but if Kelly is the over/under, love ya Jim but I'm taking the over on Luck's career.