What's the plan for next year?

Virgil

you would think that was some of the guys that we have on our team EJ Manuel went to Florida State they're going to play for the national championship this year.

Cordy Glenn went to Georgia they're a 9 or 10 win team. Robert Woods went to USC in the national championship game a few years ago, alright Kiko Alonso played for Oregon there always a 10 11 12 win team playing for national title.

What happens when somebody puts on that Buffalo Bills, is the inferiority built right in, and the its ok to lose mentality seeps in.

All the WNY negativity , the 14 years of no playoffs Homerun throwback, wide right or any other excruciating loss from the Cowboys on Monday night, to the two touchdowns we gave up against the Patriots several years ago when Leodis muffed the kickoff.

The pain in Buffalo never seems to end.,..

Did Leodis muff the kickoff ? Or did he foolishly try to run it back past the 20 and then subsequently fumble the ball?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

January - Watch the playoffs (sans Bills once again)

February - Route for my numbers to come in for the super bowl pool, discuss whether Byrd should be tagged again, discuss the combine and who we should go after in free agency

March - Discuss who we signed in free agency and who we missed out on

April - Endless mock drafts

May - Endless draft analysis

June - quiet (NFL really has to do something to maintain interest)

July - Get psyched for training camp opening

August - training camp in full gear, pre-season analysis, endless optimism about the upcoming season, take in a pre-season game or two

September-December....hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Edited by Steve O

Where to start? We need a viable alternative at QB if Manuel doesn't show dramatic improvement - whether as a high round QB in the draft, or a FA acquisition. We need to upgrade at the Guard spot on the O-line, and add another quality O-lineman to the mix (2 additions there - both QUALITY) - because, although we had one of the better rushing teams in the NFL, much of that came because of Spillers 2 or 3 long runs a game, or Jackson's 4 or 5 extra yards after contact - NOT because the O-line was great at run blocking, and IT CERTAINLY WASN'T GREAT AT PROTECTING THE PASSER!!!

We need a legitimate #1 WR - draft or FA, and he needs to be BIG. We need a stud TE.

We need a new ST coach, and a legitimate QB coach.

We need a star LB to compliment Alonzo.

If we keep Byrd, we don't need to worry about S.

So, that's:

1 QB

2 O-linemen

1 WR

1 TE

1 LB

and 2 coaching additions.

Now, lets see what we end up with...

Where to start? We need a viable alternative at QB if Manuel doesn't show dramatic improvement - whether as a high round QB in the draft, or a FA acquisition. We need to upgrade at the Guard spot on the O-line, and add another quality O-lineman to the mix (2 additions there - both QUALITY) - because, although we had one of the better rushing teams in the NFL, much of that came because of Spillers 2 or 3 long runs a game, or Jackson's 4 or 5 extra yards after contact - NOT because the O-line was great at run blocking, and IT CERTAINLY WASN'T GREAT AT PROTECTING THE PASSER!!!

We need a legitimate #1 WR - draft or FA, and he needs to be BIG. We need a stud TE.

We need a new ST coach, and a legitimate QB coach.

We need a star LB to compliment Alonzo.

If we keep Byrd, we don't need to worry about S.

So, that's:

1 QB

2 O-linemen

1 WR

1 TE

1 LB

and 2 coaching additions.

Now, lets see what we end up with...

I can't say I disagree with anything here. I would probably add a every down RB as well. FredEX is not getting any younger.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He was the starter this year too.

Except when he wasn't.

EJ needs to get his knee fixed asap so he can get to work on his shoddy game.

Hey man - have you detailed your path moving forward anywhere yet? I'd like to give it a look and then adopt it as my own for conversational purposes. :)

thanks!

1. Continue to develop EJ in the offseason and help him by adding weapons, improved offense line, the team around him.

2. Improve special teams, new coach,punter and more depth. We were next to last in starting field position. Help your young Quarterback and defense.

3. Fill in defense with a couple situational run stuffers for depth.

4. Improve the team discipline in regards to too many fumbles,bad penalties, guys who didn't put out.

If a qb deemed worthy is available, take him in the first round. Drop Graham. Find another lb and a wr who can steal badly thrown balls.

Why? So you can get rid of him too the first time he struggles?

EJ is the qb. Deal with it. I'd love to see message board threads on some of the great Qbs during their rookie years. I bet if there was on for guys like Jim Kelly or Drew Brees, they'd be beyond embarrassing.