Around the NFL Week 17

Beerball

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost to NE on a last second FG, lost to Cincy in OT, played a tough game against KC, got beaten easily in NO, beat the Panthers, beat the Ravens, beat the Dolphins twice. Some stability at QB and a couple of missing pieces in the lineup and we can hang with any of them.

Seahawks and Denver in the SB?

Edited by Rockinon

Lost to NE on a last second FG, lost to Cincy in OT, played a tough game against KC, got beaten easily in NO, beat the Panthers, beat the Ravens, beat the Dolphins twice. Some stability at QB and a couple of missing pieces in the lineup and we can hang with any of them.

Seahawks and Denver in the SB?

Was just thinking the same thing.

@AndrewSiciliano

Peyton Manning is 266 yards away from topping Drew Brees 2011 single-season record of 5,476.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm watching the Jets vs Miami game. Dierdorf mentions how bad the Dolphin's offense was last week against Buffalo. He mocks them 2 or 3 times saying how anemic they were. Never once did I hear him credit the Buffalo Defense with playing an outstanding dominating game. Still no respect.

At times I have dreamed of pegging Dierdorf in the head with a snowball in the stadium parking lot at the Ralph. No I wouldn't really do it, but the thought is nice.

Atlanta hasn't just rolled over and died this season. Watching the first 30 minutes here and the first quarter they are not a great football team and not even good. But they are not bad and there are a lot of pieces there.

It will be interested to hear critics talk about their 2014 off season this year.

Geno just had a really nice throw on the run to Nelson

I'm not a Geno basher and not making excuses for him but he really doesn't have any weapons to work with

Atlanta hasn't just rolled over and died this season. Watching the first 30 minutes here and the first quarter they are not a great football team and not even good. But they are not bad and there are a lot of pieces there.

It will be interested to hear critics talk about their 2014 off season this year.

It was stupid of Atlanta to pin their hopes in Stephen Jackson who I was a big fan since college but is clearly not an every down back anymore. I've never been a big Matt Ryan fan though as he is a lot like Romo

I am surprised how bad their defense is though and have to wonder how much giving up all those picks for Julio cost them bc I believe they are an old team especially on defense

Edited by Max997

Newton getting that big run was nothing to do with how good he was - i am not taking anything away from him but those who watch him will cheer something like that - but that was all Atlanta sucking.

Geno just had a really nice throw on the run to Nelson

I'm not a Geno basher and not making excuses for him but he really doesn't have any weapons to work with

It was stupid of Atlanta to pin their hopes in Stephen Jackson who I was a big fan since college but is clearly not an every down back anymore. I've never been a big Matt Ryan fan though as he is a lot like Romo

I am surprised how bad their defense is though and have to wonder how much giving up all those picks for Julio cost them bc I believe they are an old team especially on defense

wait until they lose Gonzalez and the normal 3 FA's on offense that provide every team depth. Likely the same WR and OL and X position. Atlanta is screwed. Edited by jboyst62

Watching the Jets-Dolphins game. Earlier the Jets QB threw a pass caught by a receiver, but he did not get both feet in bounds, only one foot. Dierdorf said it was complete because the knee was down before going out of bounds. (The foot and knee of the same leg, mind you!) I don't understand why this would be considered a catch, and the Dolphins did not challenge it. Could one of you rules experts please explain?

Thanks!

-Long-lost Moose