Does Fred Jackson merit wall of fame?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love having Fred on the team. He is a true talent, a hard worker and an overall asset to the team.

I can't help but ask however why everyone says he is the heart and soul of the team. In every Fred Jackson post someone makes this comment.

My thoughts are I think he is what a team should be all about. But Fred has been one of only a handful bright spots in a dismal 10 years. If he is so heart and soul, why has it never caught on?

When I look back at Fred Jackson's playing time in Buffalo I see him surrounding by a lack of talent AND a lack of effort/ leadership.

As for the wall of game, we should probably give it some time to see.

Not trying to hate on Freddy, I love him, but just wish his attitude spread to others.

I have his jersey. I want him to get the ball on a crucial 3rd and 1. I watch him encourage the rookies on the sidelines. He's the ultimate team player.

But I don't think he's earned wall of fame merit just yet. If they make a playoff run with him, then probably.

absolutely, emphatically, oh hell yeah! fred jackson is everything that is good about this game. he is a role model, an exemplary member of the community, a family man, and by all accounts, a great teammate and leader. he has worked his butt off and earned everything he has achieved, and has been nothing but a class act. he gives everything he has for his teammates and has played through injury time and time again. this man is the embodiment of the very idea that we love to call a "buffalo type of player". i love freddy jackson and really feel he needs to be on the wall the day he retires. and this organization better make sure he retires a buffalo bill.

There has not been much to shine a light on in the last 10 years. Lee Evans may be the only other offensive player on this team worth mentioning that I can think of on the top of my head. The others, Jason Peters, Lynch, McGahee, Henry, Rueben Brown, Drew Bledsoe were not "Bills."

Eric Moulds last played for the Bills in 05, and I am not going to bother mentioning him and questioning being on The Wall. If this organization would put him on the teams 50 year anniversary team then he belongs on the Wall.

Fred Jackson, Eric Moulds, and Kyle Williams are most definitely deserving of the honor. Rian Lindell, as well, may deserve the position.

Should have put it to a vote. He's got mine.

Mods? I think it'd be a fair thing to do.

3rd all time rusher? How is this even debatable?

The hypocrite in me would take OJ's name down and put Fred's over top that spot.

Yes...absolutely. Even if he never carries the ball again for the Bills. People who are saying "no" seem to be confusing the Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame, with the NFL Hall of Fame. The Wall of Fame is a place where the organization can honor players, coaches and administrators who exemplify the best in the franchise, those who represent the Bills, the Buffalo fans and the city well.

This is, basically, Ralph Wilson's (or whoever is acting on his behalf at this point) chance to recognize his favorite employees, not necessarily the most successful people involved with the franchise. Those who got bent out of shape when Phil Hansen was put on the wall fail to seem to understand this. Fred Jackson belongs there, should Ralph Wilson (or whoever is acting on his behalf), or Phil Hansen, or whoever, they want to put there would absolutely belong there, as much as Cookie Gilchrist and Lou Saban do not.

OJ Simpson is a different case... nobody would have argued that he didn't belong on the Wall of Fame when he was put up there, and nobody could really argue if his name was now taken down. However, Mr Wilson, just at the the curators of the NFL Hall of Fame have chosen not to retroactively re-consider his inclusion. That is his right, as it is his honor to give out. The fact that there are two men, now deceased (Saban and Gilchrist) who were amongst the most successful in their roles in franchise history, but who are not included, should tell you something about the nature of this honor.

The wall is an honor bestowed on individuals for the content of their character, as much as it is for their individual achievements as members of the Buffalo BIlls. Fred Jackson has had great success (though modest by HOF standards) as a Buffalo Bill during a really difficult spell in franchise history, has always represented the team well, been a team first player...can't really think of any legit reason to argue against him as a WOF'er.