Sports radio arrogance in NE

Just listening to a couple of guys on sports radio in New England talking about this week's game. Not sure who they were. I was just scanning channels and came across these two idiots. They feel that the Bills have nothing to play for and the Patsies do. So the Bills will probably just roll-over and play dead. Saying that it probably won't even be close at the half. The Bills are just thinking it is 60 minutes of work before vacation time.

Man, I hate the arrogance around here. The Bills had nothing to play for last week either and the Dolphins did. Look at that outcome - but no mention of that. I hope the Bills blow them away. I am not expecting it though. I think it will be a close game. Especially if the D steps it up a notch and gets in Brady's face.

Just had to vent a little - thanks.

Merry Christmas!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listening to a couple of guys on sports radio in New England talking about this week's game. Not sure who they were. I was just scanning channels and came across these two idiots. They feel that the Bills have nothing to play for and the Patsies do. So the Bills will probably just roll-over and play dead. Saying that it probably won't even be close at the half. The Bills are just thinking it is 60 minutes of work before vacation time.

Man, I hate the arrogance around here. The Bills had nothing to play for last week either and the Dolphins did. Look at that outcome - but no mention of that. I hope the Bills blow them away. I am not expecting it though. I think it will be a close game. Especially if the D steps it up a notch and gets in Brady's face.

Merry Christmas!

:thumbsup:

Agreed. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Is it arrogance or ignorance in this particular case? Anyone who has studied the Bills' performance on Sunday knows they played with purpose and intensity. Clearly these two on-air personalities haven't done their homework on the Bills, so I'd label it mostly ignorance. But it was New England, so arrogance is always a safe bet too.

Is it arrogance or ignorance in this particular case? Anyone who has studied the Bills' performance on Sunday knows they played with purpose and intensity. Clearly these two on-air personalities haven't done their homework on the Bills, so I'd label it mostly ignorance. But it was New England, so arrogance is always a safe bet too.

*uncertain*

Bills have had trouble putting two good games together all season.

Bills have also had trouble playing on the road all season.

I would like to see the Bills demonstrate they are "on the right road" to changing both those factors, but I can't blame NE press from taking us lightly.

Totally agree with everything posted. Once Tommy retires they will go back to being irrelevant and no one will care about them again. I really hate them.

Go Bills!!

Agreed! A lot of people think Billicheat will have a plan in place to replace Brady and that he is a mastermind. He may be good but they forget that Billy did not have one winning season as a HC until he started Brady. He had one year with Cassel but there was a great supporting cast around him that year.

If Belichick is smart, and unfortunately he usually is, he won't even let Brady see the field on Sunday, and if he does it'll be to hand off a lot...which, not to put too fine a point on it or anything, has worked pretty well against our D this year.

Merry Christmas!

Last weeks game was the final home game of the year and a chance to knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs so it was basically the Bills Super Bowl so it's really not that far fetched to think they will be flat this week going on the road in a meaningless game for them. The best they can do is worsen the Pats playoff seed which is a little different then having chance to knock them out

Same arrogance/ignorance was on display in the NFL pregame shows last Sunday. On ESPN and the NFL Network the consensus was Miami was peaking and the Bills were not going to show up. Everyone says these are meaningless games for non-playoff teams. Not true. Bills showed that they have plenty of pride and fight in them.

The game will be over by half time. They will blow us out. I'm just hoping no one gets hurt.

And agree - the Patriots are Brady. He is the greatest QB of all time and the Bills had to play him twice a year for over a decade. In two years both Brad and Bill will be gone.

what is the basis for your opinion?

Unfortunately you can bet that Bill B won't be taking the Bills for granted and that he will be making that crystal clear to his team all week. This is pretty much a must win game for the Pats if they want to have a decent playoff run. Having to play an extra game and losing home field advantage is a luxury this Pats team cannot afford.

Brady already echoed those sentiments in his press conference immediately following the Ravens debacle. He referenced the Bills D and how they had just beaten the Fins so he's ahead of the curve.

Pats will come to play and that's a good thing.

If the Bills win or are at least very competitive it will be a good sign - so an important game for both teams.

Last weeks game was the final home game of the year and a chance to knock the Dolphins out of the playoffs so it was basically the Bills Super Bowl so it's really not that far fetched to think they will be flat this week going on the road in a meaningless game for them. The best they can do is worsen the Pats playoff seed which is a little different then having chance to knock them out

But the Bills didn't knock Miami out of the playoffs. They just made it more difficult for them. I want The Bills to make it more difficult for NE to get the the SB bowl.

I think Marrone has this team playing for pride. I know they said that the last couple of years with Gailey, but I didn't feel it. For some reason, it feels different this year. Sort of like saying "Here's a taste of what you can expect next year".

But maybe that's just me.