Opinions On Stadium Fans Today?

PolishDave

What is your opinion of how the fan base was in the stadium today?

Seemed to me like it was just the die hards there today. I liked it.

With 20,000 empty seats there was room to move around a little (extra empty beer holders). Fans were pretty loud relative to the attendance numbers.

Fans helped create offensive mistakes by Dolphins. Fans were loud when needed and quiet when needed.

Overall, I thought it was one of the better games. Of course, maybe it had something to do with the fact that the Bills were destroying the Dolphins?

Your take?

Smart with their money? It's entertainment. Paying a relatively cheap amount of cash for 4+ hours of entertainment doesn't make you "money stupid" unless you have something more pressing to spend it on. Especially because live games are infinitely a better experience compared to watching it on TV.

I hate this crap about "die hards" having to attend games.

Who said anything about die hards having to attend games? I just said it looked like the stadium was full of die hard fans. By die hard I mean experienced Bills fans that have been following the Bills for many years. I certainly didn't mean or intend to imply that anyone is a bigger or better fan than anyone else. And I certainly didn't expect anyone to take it personal. Geesh. Sorry bub.

A couple disappointing things I still saw today though:

One hammered Bills fan sitting in an aisle seat in the section next to me would stop every Dolphin fan who was walking up the stairs and whip the bird right at the person's face. Can't believe that guy didn't get his ass beat. He deserved it. I felt like beating him even though he was wearing Bills gear.

And when I first entered the stadium there was one large 20 ish year old Bills fan who was running up to anyone wearing Dolphins gear and yelling "eff the Dolphins" right at them. That dude was obviously a loser too. Felt like tripping that schmuck and kicking him in the head with my boot. But, I'm too old to fight any more.

After having attended enough away games, I can no longer stand watching our home fans treat other teams' fans like that. If the other teams' fans start something, well then I have no problem with retaliating. But, I hate seeing Bills fans start crap with them just because they are supporting their favorite team.

All in all though, today was a day where the fans understood penalties, understood game plans and understood the game of football for the most part, which I thought was pretty cool.

If you stayed home because of some "message" you wanted to send well good for you. You missed a good game. Your loss. You can tie yourself in knots over the playoff drought or you can go to a game with friends and enjoy yourself.

We could be winless and I would still enjoy seeing the Bills kick the crap out of Miami. Never get tired of it. This defensive performance was right out of the Super Bowl-era Bills. Happy I got to see it.

BTW I sat in the Van Miller club, taking advantage of the Bills STH renewal upgrade offer. Those radiant lamps are hot!! All off us were down to our t-shirts inside of 15 minutes.

As for a**holes going after Fins fans I didn't see any of it.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

What is your opinion of how the fan base was in the stadium today?

Seemed to me like it was just the die hards there today. I liked it.

With 20,000 empty seats there was room to move around a little (extra empty beer holders). Fans were pretty loud relative to the attendance numbers.

Fans helped create offensive mistakes by Dolphins. Fans were loud when needed and quiet when needed.

Overall, I thought it was one of the better games. Of course, maybe it had something to do with the fact that the Bills were destroying the Dolphins?

Your take?

Probably the funnest game I have been to, in the last 15 years, was the Bills blowing out the Denver Tebows on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago...as you described todays game (I wasn't there, only watching on the telly), it was a small, but very loud, cold, crowd...it was awesome, and the Bills, god love em, came to play that day...a great Christmas memory to be sure. Sign of the day: a painting of Tebow on a cross, with the inscription "Tebow, your god has forsaken you ...today".... maybe a little sacreligious, but pretty funny, and prophetic, that day.

If you stayed home because of some "message" you wanted to send well good for you. You missed a good game. Your loss. You can tie yourself in knots over the playoff drought or you can go to a game with friends and enjoy yourself.

We could be winless and I would still enjoy seeing the Bills kick the crap out of Miami. Never get tired of it. This defensive performance was right out of the Super Bowl-era Bills. Happy I got to see it.

BTW I sat in the Van Miller club, taking advantage of the Bills STH renewal upgrade offer. Those radiant lamps are hot!! All off us were down to our t-shirts inside of 15 minutes.

As for a**holes going after Fins fans I didn't see any of it.

PTR

How long ago did they install the lamps? I don't remember seeing them before today. Our seats were supposed to be under them but we sat somewhere else. We were laughing because everyone was in t shirts.

I agree this was probably the best event I have ever been to. It was like a big bills Christmas party. There were a few a holes in the crowd but overall it was one of the best crowds I have seen at a bills game in many years. Small, friendly, smart and loud and the fin fans weren't bad at all. Great day today.

Edited by kr632

Not sure what network feed I was watching, or who the annoucers were...didn't recognize the voices...but, whomever it was gave the Bills fans their props, "Meaningless game in December and the 12's are out here making a ton of noise. Not sure if there's a better fan base in the NFL!"

Not sure what network feed I was watching, or who the annoucers were...didn't recognize the voices...but, whomever it was gave the Bills fans their props, "Meaningless game in December and the 12's are out here making a ton of noise. Not sure if there's a better fan base in the NFL!"

They were a fine broadcast team. I don't recall their names either as I've become quite jaded with the overall poor announcing teams. I knew I hadn't heard their names before. It was refreshing to hear well informed and unbiased banter from the booth!

I was the "rude" fan who stood up and cheered in section 229 when Miami went for it on 4th and 17 which caused some uptight fan to have an Erie County Sheriff come talk to me. Thanks for the upgrade to the club seats Russ, but I will stay in the lower bowl where I belong from now on.

A couple disappointing things I still saw today though:

One hammered Bills fan sitting in an aisle seat in the section next to me would stop every Dolphin fan who was walking up the stairs and whip the bird right at the person's face. Can't believe that guy didn't get his ass beat. He deserved it. I felt like beating him even though he was wearing Bills gear.

And when I first entered the stadium there was one large 20 ish year old Bills fan who was running up to anyone wearing Dolphins gear and yelling "eff the Dolphins" right at them. That dude was obviously a loser too. Felt like tripping that schmuck and kicking him in the head with my boot. But, I'm too old to fight any more.

After having attended enough away games, I can no longer stand watching our home fans treat other teams' fans like that. If the other teams' fans start something, well then I have no problem with retaliating. But, I hate seeing Bills fans start crap with them just because they are supporting their favorite team.

All in all though, today was a day where the fans understood penalties, understood game plans and understood the game of football for the most part, which I thought was pretty cool.

Was either D-bag wearing a yellow reflective jacket? We had a couple Phins fans near us and even I wanted to punch this idiot . . .

Pretty sure if you wanted a ticket pretty cheap you could have obtained one. Bills tickets are pretty much the cheapest in the league even at face value. I live in KC and gave my season tickets to my niece who drove from Syracuse to go. Yesterday she was die hard. I think the reason people are mentioning this is because on TV the announcers specifically pointed out the crowd being smaller but loud and game changing. The players mentioned it too. No reason to be angry it's really a testament to our fan base.

They were a fine broadcast team. I don't recall their names either as I've become quite jaded with the overall poor announcing teams. I knew I hadn't heard their names before. It was refreshing to hear well informed and unbiased banter from the booth!

You must have been watching a different game then I was. Beuirlein was the absolute worst announcer I have heard all year and it's not even close.