Fred Jackson's last game at the Ralph?

oman128

yeah I know Fred's contract is cap friendly, I know the bills are a top-five in Rushing yards, and I know he's a Captain and the heart and soul of the team.

He hasn't had a hundred yard game since I can't even remember when. We get excited when he gets 50 or 60 because of his age and because he splitting carries with Spiller. He has 1 year left on his contract, I think the Bills would be wise to release or trade him in the off season.

I don't think having a 100 yard game is a measuring stick anymore....Can he move the sticks....Freddie does exactly that....Teams with featured RBs are not making the big round in the SB any more these days. Teams go by committee....The Saints won their SB a few years ago with a bunch of RBs named Bush, Thomas etc...The same for the Patriots.....If the Bills have the #5 Rushing attack, then kudos goes to both Jackson and Spiller. And for speaking loud, I think Jackson has 7 TDs to boot.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what Fred Jackson you people are watching but he's still making the first guy miss on virtually every touch and is hitting the ever-smaller creases that are being opened by this offensive line. It's a shame we've wasted yet another productive year because we can't find a road-grading LG and a TE who can drive someone off the line of scrimmage. He still moves the sticks, gets that extra yard that C.J. rarely does, finds the marker on third down, and smashes blitzers.

Fred's career will always be a "what could have been" to me. He's a very special player, one of the few bright spots for too long a period. He's a symbol of what's right in sports and what's wrong with this franchise.

Fred Jackson isn't getting any younger and this could be the year that the Bills finally cut the cord and release or trade Fred.

Fred is a warrior and has been for the last several years but he is clearly slowing down and its not the same guy he was just two years ago when he was leading the league in rushing. Hopefully the Bills feed him the ball all day long so that if it is his last game at the Ralph he goes out with some great memories, thanks for everything Fred you've been a great Buffalo Bill.

Do you know anyone who is?

I don't know what Fred Jackson you people are watching but he's still making the first guy miss on virtually every touch and is hitting the ever-smaller creases that are being opened by this offensive line. It's a shame we've wasted yet another productive year because we can't find a road-grading LG and a TE who can drive someone off the line of scrimmage. He still moves the sticks, gets that extra yard that C.J. rarely does, finds the marker on third down, and smashes blitzers.

Fred's career will always be a "what could have been" to me. He's a very special player, one of the few bright spots for too long a period. He's a symbol of what's right in sports and what's wrong with this franchise.

Very well said.

Amen

Your off by a long shot. Fred Jackson is the heart of the Bills, their unquestionable leader, and is still productive with a cap friendly contract to boot. He's not going anywhere unless he decides to retire.

BTW, dont the Bills have a top 5 rushing attack?

A longshot? How long do you expect him to play? Doesn't sound as if you're even remotely aware of the longetivity of RBs. Many of the best ever never even played at 32. A small part of it may be "mileage," but the bigger part is simply age. FJ's YPC have dropped significantly.

Yes, the rush O is top-5 ... in yardage. In YPA it's ranked 17th mostly because of a handful of Spiller runs, not because of FJ.

I don't get why some Bills fans are so in love with cutting players - you don't get better by cutting players you get better by finding more talented players then letting the less talented go - as soon as you find a better option then you let Fred go until that time go with Fred.

1052 combined yards. 4.2 yards per carry. 42 receptions. 8 tds....

He's also one of the best - if not the best - blitz pickup back in the league.

FJ does it all, is a team leader, doesn't mind splitting the workload, is one of the hardest workers on the team and has a cap friendly number.

Thankfully the Bills finally have a chance to cut this guy!

The evaluation is not Fred in 2014 weighed against Fred a few years ago. It's the value Fred brings in 2014 vs the value of moving him. Move him may get you a low draft pick, and minimal cap relief for a team that doesn't need it, but it also creates another hole in the offensive personnel. Makes little sense. Subtraction by subtraction.

yeah I know Fred's contract is cap friendly, I know the bills are a top-five in Rushing yards, and I know he's a Captain and the heart and soul of the team.

He hasn't had a hundred yard game since I can't even remember when. We get excited when he gets 50 or 60 because of his age and because he splitting carries with Spiller. He has 1 year left on his contract, I think the Bills would be wise to release or trade him in the off season.

That's b/c they keep giving the ball to Spiller for typically not many yards vs. sticking with Fredex. This is a good system for Fred as he is getting older so he doesn't have to carry as much. What I'd like to see is when we need the tough yards to move the chains, we need Fred. It's much easier to take chances on Spiller due to his explosiveness on early downs. When we play excellent run defense teams, we need Fred.

He's not going anywhere. Fred Jackson has 1/4 the amount of carries than Emmitt Smith and 1/2 the amount of carries than Ottis Anderson had. Both of these RBs had very long careers. At 33, Anderson was a key player in beating our heavily favored Bills in their first Superbowl appearance.

What this tells me is that Fred Jackson has very low tread wear for his age and we can expect at least 2 and maybe even 3 very good years left in him. IMO the Bills are on the doorstep of their next great era of playoff appearances and Superbowl contention. I look around the league and see a lot of lousy teams making the playoffs. Even if Manuel can only become a top 15 QB then we're only a couple of players away from a possible Superbowl winning season. Something in the model of the Giants two recent "hot streak" runs to win it all.