It's been a very good year...

TPS

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for my failed economic theories...

Based on my ignorant views (at least according to my many fans here--Magox, Tasker, 3rd, et al), back in January I predicted the economy was going to finally pick up during the second half of the year (so far, 3.6% in Q3), at least until after the tax increases (Payroll and ACA) and sequester spending cuts had their way in the first half. Based on that prediction, I went 100% equities, mostly small and mid cap funds (2/3), the rest in emerging markets, income-growth, and resources. Yesterday put me over 30% for the year.

I'd like to thank the Fed, John Maynard Keynes, and Hyman Minsky.

I hope the gold bugs, ObamaScarers, and deficit fear mongers did as well...

Cheers to another good year (at least for the first half) in 2014!

oops! Make that 4.1% for Q3...

No, you don't know what you are talking about. Wrong on many levels

Gator - you already said above that you put all cash into equities without any cash reserves (and that you have available credit for emergencies)...sounds to me like we know what you are saying: invest in stock, use credit for everyday incidentals, and when the stocks tank you have an escape via Chapter 7 (i.e. you'll get bailed out). I think we hit it on the head.

Gator - you already said above that you put all cash into equities without any cash reserves (and that you have available credit for emergencies)...sounds to me like we know what you are saying: invest in stock, use credit for everyday incidentals, and when the stocks tank you have an escape via Chapter 7 (i.e. you'll get bailed out). I think we hit it on the head.

When the stocks tank why would that hurt me? Did you read tasters post? He's buying into that, I will be also buy into but on a smaller scale, I'll just keep buying same amour I always do. Stocks tanking isn't the end of the world at all, heck, it's a new beginning! I was replying to you about the credit and the furnace, if it goes out, or I need a new roof, or whatever, I can cover that with credit and just pay for it by not investing as much while I pay it down. I'm not in in danger of needing to go backrupt.

Yeah but you're wrong, dead wrong.

Damn right he is!

When the stocks tank why would that hurt me? Did you read tasters post? He's buying into that, I will be also buy into but on a smaller scale, I'll just keep buying same amour I always do. Stocks tanking isn't the end of the world at all, heck, it's a new beginning! I was replying to you about the credit and the furnace, if it goes out, or I need a new roof, or whatever, I can cover that with credit and just pay for it by not investing as much while I pay it down. I'm not in in danger of needing to go backrupt.

Damn right he is!

Maybe you should invest in a spelling class.

The same kind of logic that led idiots like you to buy $800k houses on $30k of income in 2007, then blame everybody BUT themselves for foreclosure.

The same kind of logic that led idiots like you to buy $800k houses on $30k of income in 2007, then blame everybody BUT themselves for foreclosure.

That's a really bad comparison. My stocks will never go into foreclosure.if and when my stocks drop in value, not only will I not sell them, I'll buy more. You are just a knucklehead.

How do you buy "amour" with no liquidity? Hookers take credit?

Edited by meazza

You've never done anything but live up to laughable stereotypes. You're a caricature of yourself, g-tard.

And you live up to the bull chit that's in your avatar. You are the only person that has chit in their avatar and I think there is good reason for that. D-bag

By increasing the % of my assets that I have in the market, taking cash off the sidelines (I usually keep roughly 30-35% of my holdings in money markets). Additionally, I'll divert more new money from earnings into investment.

You don't have any savings?

wow! You usually keep a third of your assets in money markets that earn roughly 0%, and still made 52%--I bow down to your genius...

Is that real, sustainable growth with sound underlying fundamentals, or simply paper gains, and growth on margin?

it's gdp. The only paper gains counted are produced in mills...