Would You Spend a 3rd or 4th on AJ McCarron?

H2o

I would take him in round 2 in one second. He is probably better than Manuel.

I'd love to wager on McCarron's career with you. The guy is going to be in for a rude awakening when he doesn't get 6 seconds to throw the ball on every play & doesn't have a great defense to create turnovers & keep the other team from scoring.

12 pack of winner's choice. IMO, McCarron will never be a franchise qb on the next level. Deal (though we probably won't remember in like 5 years haha)?

I'd draft A.J. McCarron in round 3 without hesitation, probably even in round 2. EJ has already shown to be less-than-Thad Lewis (in my opinion), so why not get a guy with some big-time experience as a leader and winner to offer #3 some franchise-guy competition? It always brings about the best in everyone. Plus, if we don't do this in 2014 ... and EJ continues to struggle with beating pressure defenses and even the simple things (like stepping into his throws), the Bills will certainly need to bring in competition for 2015, so let's get it going now. At worst, we'd have a Kirk Cousins type insurance policy on hand.

The best comparison I have heard regarding A.J. is Andy Dalton. Similar in stature, they are guys with (supposedly) a lower "ceiling" than a Manuel, but they are great team leaders & they can make decisions in the pocket to get the ball out to the playmakers. Dalton had a similar 4-year starter pedigree to A.J., albeit from TCU, but he also took the Horned Frogs to the Rose Bowl and won the damn thing.

Dalton doesn't get a ton of fanfare, but he's already been to the playoffs a few times, and 2013 will be no different. Sounds pretty good right about now amidst this 14-year drought. Throwing-motion-wise, I think they release the ball in a very similar fashion.

And I'd even bet A.J. also has some christian rock on his Ipod, not that there's anything wrong with that.

I really don't get this. EJ, who has had good moments despite how some deny them, is no good after 9 games. Yet, 4th pick Kirk cousins with his career 4 tds, 5 ints Is a better qb? AJ McCarron who may have had the easiest situation of any qb on any level of football will be an upgrade?

Dear Lord, we turn on players fast.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think McCarron would be worth a 3rd round pick, but not any higher. He's definitely a project QB, so I would not expect him to play right away but he would be good competition with our other QB's.

I've also stated that this is a deep QB class in this years draft, so if other guys like Zach Mettenberger, Aaron Murray or David Fales are around, I'd draft one of them. I think these guys are just as good if not better than McCarron.

I am not saying we should give up on E.J., but it would be wise to have other options in place.

We really have the luxury of drafting backup QBs?

Maybe you've missed the last month on this board. Let me catch you up. EJ sucks and there's no possible way he'll ever be good. It's science. We need to draft a QB every year until our rookie QB has the greatest statistical season ever capped off by a Super Bowl win.... hmm. Now that I think about it. If he wins the Super Bowl his rookie year it's probably all downhill after that so we might need to consider drafting a QB then as well. I'll have to get back to you on this.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Maybe you've missed the last month on this board. Let me catch you up. EJ sucks and there's no possible way he'll ever be good. It's science. We need to draft a QB every year until our rookie QB has the greatest statistical season ever caped

So you have the story of EJ's career written already.

He's got a fiery attitude as well, very competitive. You see that in him during games all the time. You all are more than likely right with his slotting in the draft. I was going off of the average of what I have seen everywhere. Anywhere from the 1st to the 5th.

I think he's going to prove to be a little more athletic than folks think right now...I know he does not have the best arm, but it's not bad either...He's going to be a system QB no question...But it will be a pro passing system and that's a plus for him IMHO...He's a leader...I like his make-up a lot... B-)

I'd love to wager on McCarron's career with you. The guy is going to be in for a rude awakening when he doesn't get 6 seconds to throw the ball on every play & doesn't have a great defense to create turnovers & keep the other team from scoring.

12 pack of winner's choice. IMO, McCarron will never be a franchise qb on the next level. Deal (though we probably won't remember in like 5 years haha)?

I really don't get this. EJ, who has had good moments despite how some deny them, is no good after 9 games. Yet, 4th pick Kirk cousins with his career 4 tds, 5 ints Is a better qb? AJ McCarron who may have had the easiest situation of any qb on any level of football will be an upgrade?

Dear Lord, we turn on players fast.

Depends on your perspective as far as recent history goes and whatnot...

EJ was my favorite QB from last years Draft...I was thrilled the Bills took him...I still like him...I hope he turns into a great NFL QB...

But I've always like McCarron...I just like his make-up...He reminds me of Brady in College and as a Michigan fan I can say I watched almost every down of Football Brady played at Michigan...I can't say exactly why he reminds me of Brady...But he does...I don't think McCarron is going to be caught off-guard by anything in the NFL...I think he's well aware that it's going to be a hell of a lot tougher...But I think he's got the kind of attitude to persevere and even excel in the right situation...

We'll see though...We'll never know for sure until we know... B-)

Maybe you've missed the last month on this board. Let me catch you up. EJ sucks and there's no possible way he'll ever be good. It's science. We need to draft a QB every year until our rookie QB has the greatest statistical season ever capped off by a Super Bowl win.... hmm. Now that I think about it. If he wins the Super Bowl his rookie year it's probably all downhill after that so we might need to consider drafting a QB then as well. I'll have to get back to you on this.

Sad but probably an accurate summary of the board.

To put it a little more accurately, the majority of the board has expressed concerns over the sub-par play of EJ over 3 of the last 4 games. A small handful have declared him a bust, another enlightened handful, yourself included, declare it the height of stupidity to have any kind of contingency plan in place, while virtually everyone else has decided regardless of whether they think EJ's the future that the not retarded move is to bring in some competition in the off season.

Over exaggeration and over-generalization at it's finest...

Good to know this kind of thinking is still alive and well on this board... :thumbsup:

To put it a little more accurately, the majority of the board has expressed concerns over the sub-par play of EJ over 3 of the last 4 games. A small handful have declared him a bust, another enlightened handful, yourself included, declare it the height of stupidity to have any kind of contingency plan in place, while virtually everyone else has decided regardless of whether they think EJ's the future that the not retarded move is to bring in some competition in the off season.

Very insightful. Thank you for letting me know that my sarcastic assessment of the overreaction of late on this board is an indication that I don't think they should do something in the offseason. (P.s. I think that we should try to find a veteran back up type to push and mentor EJ, not another rookie.) I guess that's my "not retarded" view. By the way, while some could find that not offensive, I suspect you either didn't think about that or don't care because you are not educated.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.