Would You Spend a 3rd or 4th on AJ McCarron?

H2o

Maybe so......but if McCarron is considered to have any realistic chance of becoming a Franchise QB he will go well before the 3rd round.

I couldn't agree more. And if the Bills management has even a hint of doubt about EJ, they should draft McCarron or anyone else that they think has the potential to be a franchise QB. You study the cap; it costs pennies these days to take a shot.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more. And if the Bills management has even a hint of doubt about EJ, they should draft McCarron or anyone else that they think has the potential to be a franchise QB. You study the cap; it costs pennies these days to take a shot.

I guess my point was more that if one is going to talk about drafting a QB in the 3rd or 4th rounds then the discussion is really about finding a potential backup QB, not trying to find a future franchise QB.

The guy is a 3 year starter in the toughest conference in America. He does everything to win games for his team, especially by NOT making the mistakes that cost them the game (only 13 interceptions in 3 years as a starater). He has won two BCS Championships in those 3 years as a starter. He is consistent, completing 67% of his passes. People will talk about the "lack" of elite arm strength, but it's not like he has the arm of Chad Pennington. He is calm in pressure packed situations as well and never seems to truly get rattled. He has had a bad game every now and again, but they were very few and far between. He has good size @ 6'4" and about 220lbs. A 3rd Round pick? Ehhhhh, depends on who else is out there. A 4th? I would more than likely take a chance on him given our QB situation. Yay or nay, what say you?

No!

Only if he's still with Katharine Webb!

oh wait, I change my vote!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.