Accountability

vegas55

I think what he means is to get rid of those who have been with this team for a while and replace them with fresh blood. Changing the culture of the organization may have to start with a tough decision. Cutting Stevie would be a bold move, but one that would certainly wake people up.

I've been a Union College hockey season ticket holder since 1997. They were annual doormats in the ECAC for years until they hired Nate Leaman in 2003. Leaman recruited players to fit his system, but when some of those guys became problematic (on or off the ice), he benched them. One player in particular was very popular and a good player, but did something bad enough off the ice to warrant being kicked off the team. It wasn't popular, but it was effective. When players weren't performing or continuously committing mental mistakes, he benched them for a game or two...even the top scorers.

It's something like this that would need to be done in order for the appropriate message to be sent. It's Marrone's job to get wins. If someone like Stevie keeps dropping crucial passes or fumbling or shows he's not putting up the right effort, then cut him loose. Despite his talent, you can't keep screwing up and keep your job.

Who's the girl in the avatar?

I hate buzzwords like accountability, but Stevie struck again with his weird "happened early, so it doesn't matter" comment. I wouldn't mind trading him this offseason, even if it's not for great value.

And Eric Wood is praising Doug Legursky now for his "leadership" because he started in Superbowls. A fine example why I hate babble like accountability. Dude sucks at football, he shouldn't be here.

Same question.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is starting to have the looks of a lost locker room. Kyle seems to be insinuating that some of the guys are not 100% in and "accountable" whatever that means and is saying it publicly. Reminds me of Aaron Schobel in the 2009 season.

DJ didn't last long after Schobel made those comments. I'm not saying Marrone needs to go, but it's clear the coaching staff can't light a fire under a team like TB did after they started 0-8. Their 4-1 record since then indicates Schiano and crew been effective whereas Marrone already looks like he's out of answers given the 1-5 record in their last 6.

Weren't there a LOT of ties cut following Marrone's first year in Syracuse?

NFL teams aren't jettisoning players like a D-1 team might. A coach is going to go before they get rid of 4-5 decent sized contracts. Not a relevant comparison here.

If you watch that touchdown run on the 2nd play of the game ,you'll see Nigel Bradham running 5yds. behind Byrd trying to catch the RB ! Nigel catches Byrd and blows right by him ! LOL ! Byrd has no speed and the Bills are right on not giving him No.1 Safety pay !

Or he has the speed but not the desire?

Accountability, lol what a freaking joke. Only teams with losing records talk about things like "accountability" and "taking ownership". I don't want to hear that nonsense anymore. Ever notice how you don't hear winning franchises talk about anything like that? All that stuff is just common place. I guess i'm just tired of the excuses. The whole franchise is accountable, from the owner down to the players.

Or he has the speed but not the desire?

On the second play, I have the game DVR'd and after watching that play in slo-mo 20 times, it wasnt just Kiko that was out of position it was also Gilmore. The Tampa reciever makes a slight, 2 step move pre-snap inside but is still on Lawsons outside shoulder, as Glennon is handing off to Rainey. The Tampa receiver comes across, like it may be an inside reverse......you see a blur of Gilmore going across your screen the opposite way of the run, totally abandoning his side of the field. It was also Kyle, though he got off the snap the quickest, he got handled on that play, and Rainey was off to the races.

Accountability, lol what a freaking joke. Only teams with losing records talk about things like "accountability" and "taking ownership". I don't want to hear that nonsense anymore. Ever notice how you don't hear winning franchises talk about anything like that? All that stuff is just common place. I guess i'm just tired of the excuses. The whole franchise is accountable, from the owner down to the players.

Good point

For a team that goes on about "winning culture", the way they talk about effort, accountability, etc... isn't what winning teams do.

DJ didn't last long after Schobel made those comments. I'm not saying Marrone needs to go, but it's clear the coaching staff can't light a fire under a team like TB did after they started 0-8. Their 4-1 record since then indicates Schiano and crew been effective whereas Marrone already looks like he's out of answers given the 1-5 record in their last 6.

NFL teams aren't jettisoning players like a D-1 team might. A coach is going to go before they get rid of 4-5 decent sized contracts. Not a relevant comparison here.

You can't change stupid. Other than that, great coaches find a way to make it work at the pro level.

And fwiw.......I don't think cutting CJ Spiller and Leodis McKelvin....the Bills well-intentioned but resident slow blinkers...... is going to change anything either.

The only thing worse than hiring the wrong coach is hiring the wrong coach and having him trash the roster for the next guy.

It's loser talk. It's actually the opposite of what it's intended to be. It's an excuse, an evasion of "I'm not as good as the other guy, and as a whole, there aren't enough good players here to cover my mistakes".

I don't need to hear guys say "it was my fault", that does nothing for me. I also think there are playoff teams with slackers, guys that coast, guys that blame others for their own mistakes, bad attitudes, etc. Some guys are totally selfish, never admit wrongdoings, take plays off, and slack through practice, but come up clutch in pressure situations.

The Bills seem to be lacking clutch players. Guys that thrive under pressure.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Good point

For a team that goes on about "winning culture", the way they talk about effort, accountability, etc... isn't what winning teams do.

Exactly, I mean it's just a form of giving up you know? Winning teams just do that, they don't really talk they just go out there and win. I think more than anything is our franchise's acceptance of failure. Like it's ok to lose as long as we try attitude, our squad lacks that killer instinct.

You can't change stupid. Other than that, great coaches find a way to make it work at the pro level.

And fwiw.......I don't think cutting CJ Spiller and Leodis McKelvin....the Bills well-intentioned but resident slow blinkers...... is going to change anything either.

The only thing worse than hiring the wrong coach is hiring the wrong coach and having him trash the roster for the next guy.

Like Jauron did in his last year 2009.

What HC fires his OC in September, and then promotes his QB coach a few weeks before the season starts? Then cuts his RT because he couldn't get to the line quickly enough to run the no huddle. Something they would abandon after a few weeks because nobody in Buffalo could run it.

I wonder if drafting Aaron Maybin 11th overall was his parting shot...

BS. That is exactly what is mentioned when the pats are discussed.

The team to a man quit. They couldn't get it up, after coughing up the game twice and being eliminated from the playoffs.

I don't expect to see them again, maybe to play spoilers at home against Miami. We might see the team play there. I doubt there is any life in Jax.

That last game is going to be a mess.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Something I don’t see anybody else talking about…..

Don’t you think the fact that EJ is the starting QB has a little bit to do with this team’s attitude?

I do.

If I am a pro player who wants to make it to the playoffs and win a freakin Superbowl, and they stick a guy like that in as my quarterback, how much hope for the year can you really have? Seriously…..

These guys are pros. They can spot a good player from a bad player. And even though there are a large number of people on this board who are still convinced that “EJ is going to be awesome”, I wonder how many people in that locker room are of a different mindset.

I can easily see the mentality in that locker room being more like this – “this staff isn’t serious about winning this year or we would have a real NFL caliber quarterback in there”. “This season would not have been a total waste if we had a decent quarterback in there.”

That is what I think is going through a lot of minds, especially in the veteran’s minds. A coach can tell his team that he wants them to win, but actions speak louder than words.