Colts far worse off than Bills

4merper4mer

This is a joke, right? Has to be.

Here's a little history lesson. The year prior to Luck getting in Indy, they won 2 games. Since then they are 19 - 10 and have made the playoffs two straight years.

Yeah..luck is terrible. Wouldn't trade him for EJ straight up.

How did the Colts do with Manning? What would they have done last year or this?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brett Favre won one Super Bowl due to a returned kickoff and hosed his team about 15 times in the playoffs. Luck won't get that far even. I will say this for Luck; he does seem like a decent guy and I doubt he will email pictures of his schwantz to a team employee.

Ok so he won "just one" Super Bowl and took his team to the playoffs 15 times?

But maybe luck won't get that far?

So he sucks so much he might have less career success than Brett Favre. Ok... Those poor Colts.....

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Andrew Luck JUST threw for 326 yards and 4 TDs with 0 INTs. Wonder when the last time a Bills QB did that.

I'd take that kind of sucking for the next ten years...

He's 2nd on the team in rushing. His completion % isn't great. Still 19 tds 8 ints and he "sucks." His numbers have improved since last season. They're no more stuck than any other team with a young player.

Suck for Luck? How about Luck sucks?

Because he does. Just like I said he would. Just like his daddy did.

When I made these claims it were as if I were claiming that an established Hall of Famer was no good. It was a given that Luck would be Unitas and that The Colts were smart to let Manning walk. LOL.

I don't think any QB has ever succeeded in the NFL when he had a father that was a horrible quarterback and I don't think anyone has ever succeeded as an NFL QB with a dad named Oliver. Luck has both. He was a guaranteed bust and he is busting.

I think there are other teams stuck like the Colts with a bad QB who does just enough to keep his job. Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Drew Stafford, Andy Dalton, Talleywhacker, Romo, Rivers, A. Smith?

Luck's career will be a slump just a little better than daddy. You don't win the Kentucky Derby if your daddy got shipped to the glue factory.

Name one successful NFL QB whose daddy played QB in the NFL crappily. I'll save you some Google time. There isn't one.

Gale Gilbert's kid was supposed to be all that and yet never even made it through Texas.

It doesn't get more clever the more you repeat it.

Which combined with his salary, history of causing the Colts to cut Manning, and undeserved reputation will render the Colts unable to get rid of him. EJ may or may not develop but we have no such albatross when it comes to him.

Luck's 4 year contract is only for 22 million (14.5 already paid in signing bonus). We just extended our freaking center for more than that.

How did the Colts do with Manning? What would they have done last year or this?

More likely thn not, they would have lost in the first round of the playoffs with Manning. It's what they did more often than not.

This is great stuff--keep it coming.

I thought this was a sarcastic post at first, but then quickly realized it was for real. I forget exactly the number but EJ had about 20 yards more passing than matthew Stafford after the first half...and Stafford played in 8 inches of snow. EJ has had one solid game...against the Jets. Luck took a 1-15 team to the playoffs in his first year and lost to the eventual superbowl champs. In 10 years you are going to look at this post and regret saying Luck and the Colts are not going anywhere. They solidify their defense and one more WR, they are set. The Bills have question marks at every position, and the record speaks of that

It doesn't get more clever the more you repeat it.

Luck's 4 year contract is only for 22 million (14.5 already paid in signing bonus). We just extended our freaking center for more than that.

More likely thn not, they would have lost in the first round of the playoffs with Manning. It's what they did more often than not.

This is great stuff--keep it coming.

I was responding to other people's posts when I "repeated myself". It is easy to see why you, as a Patriots fan, would take shots at Manning but Manning has won the big game and was forced to play your favorite team while they were cheating in the playoffs a few times too.

As people watch Luck fumble and stumble his team to an 8-5 record in an abysmal division they are likely to make excuses. You are correct for now about the salary but they will be in a position where they HAVE to pay him big $$$$ in the future because the media has built him up as a good QB. Don't believe everything you see on ESPN.

I think I'd take 19 TDs versus 8 interceptions right about now...

Luck keeps improving while his team gets hit hard by injuries everywhere else...

I thought this was a sarcastic post at first, but then quickly realized it was for real. I forget exactly the number but EJ had about 20 yards more passing than matthew Stafford after the first half...and Stafford played in 8 inches of snow. EJ has had one solid game...against the Jets. Luck took a 1-15 team to the playoffs in his first year and lost to the eventual superbowl champs. In 10 years you are going to look at this post and regret saying Luck and the Colts are not going anywhere. They solidify their defense and one more WR, they are set. The Bills have question marks at every position, and the record speaks of that

The Bills biggest issue is QB play...a middle of the road QB gets this team to the last game of the season with a chance at the playoffs

When I made these claims it were as if I were claiming that an established Hall of Famer was no good. It was a given that Luck would be Unitas and that The Colts were smart to let Manning walk. LOL.

I don't think any QB has ever succeeded in the NFL when he had a father that was a horrible quarterback and I don't think anyone has ever succeeded as an NFL QB with a dad named Oliver. Luck has both. He was a guaranteed bust and he is busting.

I think there are other teams stuck like the Colts with a bad QB who does just enough to keep his job. Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Drew Stafford, Andy Dalton, Talleywhacker, Romo, Rivers, A. Smith?

These guys will never win but their teams are tied to them long term. Luck is just the worst example.

At least with EJ we can wait and see for a year and then cut bait if we have the guts. I think he deserves a year to prove something, but you have to have guts. No way will Irsay have the guts to cut loser boy.

People who are having their first adult beverages should be given a timeout before posting new topics

These guys will never win but their teams are tied to them long term. Luck is just the worst example.

At least with EJ we can wait and see for a year and then cut bait if we have the guts. I think he deserves a year to prove something, but you have to have guts. No way will Irsay have the guts to cut loser boy.

You should not smoke weed and post

Which combined with his salary, history of causing the Colts to cut Manning, and undeserved reputation will render the Colts unable to get rid of him. EJ may or may not develop but we have no such albatross when it comes to him.

What stops them from getting rid of him? If they parted ways with Manning I am pretty sure they will part ways with Luck if he is truly that bad. They also pay Manning ~20 million in a year he never suited up. I am not sure how you get that Luck is an albatross if he do not work out?

People who are having their first adult beverages should be given a timeout before posting new topics

Is Kool aid an adult beverage? Because the Luck fans have imbibed a lot of that.

What stops them from getting rid of him? If they parted ways with Manning I am pretty sure they will part ways with Luck if he is truly that bad. They also pay Manning ~20 million in a year he never suited up. I am not sure how you get that Luck is an albatross if he do not work out?

They can't get rid of him because that would mean they admit being wrong when they dropped Manning.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Brett Favre had this list of problems too. Yep colts are probably hosed.

If anything the fact that luck hasn't been flawless exemplifies how uncertain this whole franchise QB selection biz is.

Yes, Favre did. But he was a remarkable talent that could get away with it. Luck's arm isn't to that level. And Favre is overrated himself by people who seriously consider him among the best ever.

I'd take Luck on the Bills in a heartbeat, but it's becoming more accepted that Luck is nearing that "elite" range. I don't think he's there.