The Buffalo Bills have a better QB Situation Than...

Boludo

The Bills QB status is very much a question mark still. EJ hasn't really proven anything, other than he's inconsistent. So for right now, I rank our QB situation near the bottom of the league. Next year, we'll have our answer. It's hard to make a final judgment on a rookie.

Pretty much this.

I think it's hard to know after year 2 as well. Look at Luck and Griffin who have been struggling as of late. Sure they both looked great their first seasons and now, Griffin more than Luck, are looking really bad. Should Washington look for a new QB? What about the struggles of Colin Kaepernick? He looked great last year and has looked very pedestrian this year.

People/fans want instant gratification, because they see it happens sometimes. But it's too early to make any sort of judgement.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we have better situation at QB than most.

I will take ours over (BTW, not looking at this year, but the next 5)

Broncos

Giants

Ravens

Chiefs

Lions

Bears

Giants

Now obviously I am not saying EJ is better than Payton right now. I am just saying I would take our QB's over these teams for a sustained winning run over the next 5-7 years.

And yes, I like all 3 of our QB,S

Love the idea of an unquestionably experienced vet as a backup/camp challenger.....Schaub would be a tremendous pickup for exactly that. Schaub needs a fresh start, the rest of the team needs QB insurance in case of injury, and EJ could use some mentoring. Not sure what his contract looks like - that could be a deal breaker.

Not sure if Schaub is willing to be a backup at this stage of his career - but he may have to with the year he has put in.

I think we have better situation at QB than most.

I will take ours over (BTW, not looking at this year, but the next 5)

Broncos

Giants

Ravens

Chiefs

Lions

Bears

Giants

Now obviously I am not saying EJ is better than Payton right now. I am just saying I would take our QB's over these teams for a sustained winning run over the next 5-7 years.

And yes, I like all 3 of our QB,S

I wouldn't say that at all who knows if EJ makes it that long as a starter.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

All you had to do was look at the record...

Great point. I'm sure the Falcons would trade Matt Ryan for Alex Smith since Smith has a better record this year.

Smith is so much better it's not even close.

Obviously, a guy who scores one less td than Jeff Tuel is far superior. Smith on the way to smashing his career high of 18 tds. In his 9th year! http://www.nfl.com/player/alexsmith/2506340/profile The same Smith who threw 1 td and 11 ints as rookie. But players can't improve ever.

Great point. I'm sure the Falcons would trade Matt Ryan for Alex Smith since Smith has a better record this year.

Obviously, a guy who scores one less td than Jeff Tuel is far superior. Smith on the way to smashing his career high of 18 tds. In his 9th year! http://www.nfl.com/player/alexsmith/2506340/profile The same Smith who threw 1 td and 11 ints as rookie. But players can't improve ever.

Isn't sad you only have 1 example and it's not a very good one. Out of 32 teams... Thanks for helping me prove my point. Matt Ryan isn't that great either.

Wonder what QBs lead the divisions? Even the worst division the Colts are leaders b.c they are the only ones with a QB.

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

Obviously, a guy who scores one less td than Jeff Tuel is far superior. Smith on the way to smashing his career high of 18 tds. In his 9th year! http://www.nfl.com/p...2506340/profile The same Smith who threw 1 td and 11 ints as rookie. But players can't improve ever.

Its getting to the point where you need to stop. Logic will not get through to reactionary morons.

They all listened to ESPN and wanted Geno Smith. They didnt get their guy/are afraid of "reaching".

The truth is, everyone of these people CLEARLY would not have supported any all-star QB in their rookie year if it wasn't their guy.

Isn't sad you only have 1 example and it's not a very good one. Out of 32 teams... Thanks for helping me prove my point. Matt Ryan isn't that great either.

According to meatloaf logic, Alex Smith is a better Qb than Matt Ryan, Phil Rivers, Tony Romo, Matt Stafford, Eli Manning, Nick foles, RG3, Jay Cutler, Colin Kaepernick, Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Big Ben, and Andrew Luck.

Qbs win and lose games single handedly. This is sound logic.

Its getting to the point where you need to stop. Logic will not get through to reactionary morons.

They all listened to ESPN and wanted Geno Smith. They didnt get their guy/are afraid of "reaching".

The truth is, everyone of these people CLEARLY would not have supported any all-star QB in their rookie year if it wasn't their guy.

I apologize. :lol: You're right. It's silly to argue. Why any Bills fan won't support EJ is beyond me. But for the people who do support EJ, very few are saying he's guaranteed to be a franchise guy. But whatever reason, the people who don't like EJ can say he definitely will be a bust after 8 games. And they will be the first ones to brag about it if EJ doesn't become a good QB (which of course means the Bills won't be very good). Personally, I'd rather be wrong about something and see the Bills win but that's just me.

Strongly disagree on Titans. Locker has played pretty well this year, if he can stay healthy, I think he's bordering on "franchise" status. They're a playoff team with him.

Texans are now solid leaders for Bridgewater, they're ahead too.

Dolphins and Bucs are close, but I hate Tannehill more than most. Glennon has been a little better than Manuel this year, but I don't know about him long term either.

For me, Manuel is in the Fitzpatrick zone. ~20th starting QB overall. Limited in their own ways. I have a hard time seeing EJ get significantly better to championship winning QB level. He's just not accurate enough. Bad, bad place to be in since it seems like the Bills are forcing him as the face of the franchise.

Stretch. He has potential, but has looked pretty bad at times this year. Would not say the Texans would be ahead if they drafted him.

I apologize. :lol: You're right. It's silly to argue. Why any Bills fan won't support EJ is beyond me. But for the people who do support EJ, very few are saying he's guaranteed to be a franchise guy. But whatever reason, the people who don't like EJ can say he definitely will be a bust after 8 games. And they will be the first ones to brag about it if EJ doesn't become a good QB (which of course means the Bills won't be very good). Personally, I'd rather be wrong about something and see the Bills win but that's just me.

Absolutely. We're having a shouting match where one side simply wants to give him a chance (certainly not annoint him), while the other destroy him.

I wish I could say its the result of a significant playoff drought, but I believe it has less to do with fanhood and more tondo with personality and ego.

Stretch. He has potential, but has looked pretty bad at times this year. Would not say the Texans would be ahead if they drafted him.

Get the memo dude. Every college QB will perform exactly how they performed in college. Playing against Memphis and Temple is the exact same thing as playing against the Panthers and Ravens. No hyped QB has ever failed on the next level. Fact.

Not to mention he hasn't played a single down in the NFL, but yes the Texans are ahead because they might draft a guy who has potential.

Sound logic there.

You think Brian Hoyer is better than EJ? :wallbash:

Not worth banging your head against the wall over. In limited action this year, Hoyer looked better than EJ ever has. Not to say I don't like EJ's upside but you could certainly make the argument. The bottom line is that this thread is dumb because half the QB situations in the league are purely speculative- ours being a prime example.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Are you also of the oponion that EJ hasnt shown enough to gain confidence in his future? I think he gets all of nextseason and it will be wel into next before shortening of the proverbial leash

i think he certainly is the unquestioned starter week 1 next year, but he will have to continue to earn the right for week 17. I think its very possible, if not likely he does earn that right - but i wont say its 100% certain yet. if he slides the last month, and then stinks up the first half of next year, and we have an option that makes sense at qb2, i dont think its absurd to say that would have to be looked at as an option.

basically im saying that hes low on the list of established starters with a lot of potential to move up, but also potential to fall too. right now hes still a big ol question mark, and i dont mean it in a bad way. id compare him to glennon, but who knows what the coaching situation in TB will be, while we know marrone will be here which is great for EJ.