Call Ralph's Bluff

26TrapDraw

This team did almost everything they possibly could have to try to get better this off season. They addressed every problem with an attempted long term solution accross the front office, and coaching staff, drafted well, made some nice acquisitions and only made a few concessions letting an overpriced guard and some second rate players go.

Spewing anger doesn't fix this.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell me then why is the status quo OK with everyone. I'd like to hear your take.

For me, this is a game. It gives me a few hours each week when I can focus on something I love to watch and not my day to day work. I loved to play when I was younger and now I like to watch, analyze debate and question the moves of an organization. Attending a game and sharing that experience with my fellow Bills brethren is the best thing in the world to me. I love the crowd cheering when the Bills make a big play and singing the shout song at the top of my lungs. Its an escape from the norm. Its fun. Its a game.

Some of my first memories are going to Bills games with my dad. It's a part of me. I wish the Bills were better. Its always fun to watch the team you know the best do well but honestly it has no effect on me anymore, no real effect on my day to day happiness.

On Sunday I was mad for about two hours. We lost a game we should have won. Thats frustrating. I would have liked to see them win. 2 hours after the game I had a beer with my dad and watched the Giants play the Washington football team and forgot all about it

Distance yourself from the game. Because well you know, its a game. Also take note that you not going to the games has zero effect on the NFL and Ralph's bottom line. Its all about TV money now

While I suppose that a logical argument will fall flat on its face here, I'm going to present one anyway:

Without selling one single solitary ticket, one piece of merchandise, or one advertising spot, the Bills make their money--and then some. The revenue from the NFL's TV contract is enormous; they'll barely notice you "cutting them off".

If you want to retract any of your support, feel free to do so...I do find it hilarious that you act as though the team sits around doing nothing about their situation. They have a new GM, new head coach, new coaching staff, new QB, etc. etc. You really think things are going to change overnight?

If you're tired of waiting, that's fine; I get it. Your entire rant posted here, however, is nothing more than pining for changes that have already been made and subsequent impatience when you don't see immediate results. This is a team, not a microwave dinner; it may take longer than 3 months.

This well thought out response will not fall on deaf ears you have made your point. My frustration may have gotten the better of me while posting. I do realize that some changes have been set in motion. I guess I am impatient when it comes to this team.

This well thought out response will not fall on deaf ears you have made your point. My frustration may have gotten the better of me while posting. I do realize that some changes have been set in motion. I guess I am impatient when it comes to this team.

I don't blame you...14 years is an incredibly long time to not see playoff football from your favorite team. I get the sense that the team is changing for the better though; something I haven't believed for quite a while.

I fully expected a team that struggled-yet-showed-potential this year; I believe that's what we're seeing. I also fully expect a big improvement in the off-season and a playoff berth in 2014.

We shall see...

Any time accumulated before jumping back on the bandwagon does not count though. So when they jump back on next year, they can only say they've been a fan since 2014.

Jack I won't leave. I'm going to see this through. The more responses I get to this post the more ridiculous it sounds. I'll take my tonguelashings for posting something I should know better than to post here.

For me, this is a game. It gives me a few hours each week when I can focus on something I love to watch and not my day to day work. I loved to play when I was younger and now I like to watch, analyze debate and question the moves of an organization. Attending a game and sharing that experience with my fellow Bills brethren is the best thing in the world to me. I love the crowd cheering when the Bills make a big play and singing the shout song at the top of my lungs. Its an escape from the norm. Its fun. Its a game.

Some of my first memories are going to Bills games with my dad. It's a part of me. I wish the Bills were better. Its always fun to watch the team you know the best do well but honestly it has no effect on me anymore, no real effect on my day to day happiness.

On Sunday I was mad for about two hours. We lost a game we should have won. Thats frustrating. I would have liked to see them win. 2 hours after the game I had a beer with my dad and watched the Giants play the Washington football team and forgot all about it

Distance yourself from the game. Because well you know, its a game. Also take note that you not going to the games has zero effect on the NFL and Ralph's bottom line. Its all about TV money now

:thumbsup:

The first question I have is what has this organization done to earn and keep the support of this fanbase?

The answer is not much. Every Bills fan that wastes their money on tickets and team memorabilia not to mention a huge emotional investment is just doing their part to ensure nothing changes. As long as Bills fans fear the team leaving and continue with unwavering and frankly unwarranted support , THIS TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO SUCK!!!!!!!!! The only way things will change until Ralph dies is too cut support completely. I know that seems unrealistic but if I'm in charge of financials I'm saying its OK if we're not competitive these rubes will keep buying and supporting. That's the size of it folks. Nothing will change unless the fan base changes it themselves by cutting off the team financially. That's the only thing that will work. If the team threatens to leave because of lack of support so be it. It will be better then dealing with this crap every year. This fan base is loyal and supportive to a fault. Time to do something about the putrid return on our investments.

LV

it's entirely reasonable to feel vindictive towards an organization that's mistreated fans so thoroughly and for so long. if you feel vindicated by not throwing financial support towards them, then, by all means, do it. i've tried not to throw a nickle towards the old miser for years. the neon bills sign over my bar that my wife bought me a few years back is a knock off. the replies to your post are correct in the fact that the fans are really powerless. it's akin to the plebs taking on the roman emporer over what's playing at the colliseum. embarrasing the organization, for example, by an entire home crowd wearing mr burn's masks during a game(i know, it's a strange fantasy), might feel gratifying but would be very unlikely to obtain the desired results of a winning team.

New ownership changes everything for the Better. The Jags instantly got better when Shad Khan bought the team. They have won a whopping 7 games since new ownership rolled in in 2011.

Be careful what you wish for.

It can't be any worse than the past decade and a half has been. At least a change in ownership would clear out the garbage like Brandon, Littman, Overdorf and other clowns helping run the show.

It's just like continuing to re-elect incumbents: If you always do what you always did (buy Bills tickets, jerseys, etc., pay to park in stadium lots), you'll always get what you always got (losing records, excuses, revolving door of coaches/players, frustration).

The first question I have is what has this organization done to earn and keep the support of this fanbase?

The answer is not much. Every Bills fan that wastes their money on tickets and team memorabilia not to mention a huge emotional investment is just doing their part to ensure nothing changes. As long as Bills fans fear the team leaving and continue with unwavering and frankly unwarranted support , THIS TEAM WILL CONTINUE TO SUCK!!!!!!!!! The only way things will change until Ralph dies is too cut support completely. I know that seems unrealistic but if I'm in charge of financials I'm saying its OK if we're not competitive these rubes will keep buying and supporting. That's the size of it folks. Nothing will change unless the fan base changes it themselves by cutting off the team financially. That's the only thing that will work. If the team threatens to leave because of lack of support so be it. It will be better then dealing with this crap every year. This fan base is loyal and supportive to a fault. Time to do something about the putrid return on our investments.

LV

His bluff? He can't even bluff his diaper with a fart these days. Russ is the man you want to vent against with your foot stomping tirade.

Carry on, I guess.

So tell me then why is the status quo OK with everyone. I'd like to hear your take.

Because it's just a game as someone else has said. It is Sunday afternoon entertaining and if nothing else, the Bills make for great theater. I hate that they lose as much as anyone, but I ain't gonna quit watching.