it ain't rocket surgery

nuklz2594

I am speechless...

AaaaHaHa now there's one of my favorite quote's ever from a Mod.

Lemme take this one BB:

Dear Nuklz (OP):

I read with great interest your post today entitled "it ain't rocket surgery", and it is with a heavy heart that I find myself agreeing with your sentiment that by being emotionally vested in a losing team, there is indeed a silver lining that most folks might not see.

When a team loses over and over again, it eventually makes us feel good about our own lives, like donating money at the Wegmans checkout line to give free dinners to people that I'll never meet and probably have more money than I do.

This phenomena, which I'll call the "Nuklz Factor" is probably responsible for us being such loyal Bills fans despite our lack of winning anything of significance in decades. Deep down it makes us feel good about OURSELVES, and by golly, that's what it's all about.

This might explain why Boston sports fans are always so miserable despite having perennially relevant baseball and football seasons. Its the winning that gets people feeling like losers, not the losing.

Consider me enlightened, and in some small way a better person on the inside.

Happy Holidays my beloved rocket surgeon.......

Sincerely,

The New and (Now Improved thanks to you) Webster Guy

nuklz factor.. that is too funny. it seems lately, eons per say...that we are like kids at thanksgiving at the kiddee table, or jv playing the varsity. i guess at this point of my life i look at things in black and white...there is no grey. with such a loyal, rabid fan base, this could be fixed by now. i am at the point where i will grow an eyeball on my knee cap, before they are a playoof contenders. nuklz factor...i salute you.

webster fan...i have not been back to ny in a very long time. fought the wars. yes wars. 20 years infantry. have not not been back in a longggg time. my kids are active duty, so i only get the games here and there, due now to permanent disability now. i find it refreshing to get a comment without a ton of grrr. the nuklz factor is funny. keep on keeping on.

It really isn't rocket surgery. That's the truth. This team is just run by a bunch of losers.

Terrible GMs through the years. Terrible management. Mostly terrible coaches. Absentee owner. Etc...

All it takes is for someone to somehow be right about a QB at some point btw ... that is how bad we are ... not even close to hitting on a QB in ages. .

Fell in love with my bills in 1963 when they killed the Jets at shea Stadium which was my ist game i ever went to. Gotta have a lotof patience for this organization, that is for sure. I truly belive Bills fans are best of all sports as they stick with an ownership that is not fully commited to winning at all costs, ie Toronto, 26 mill below cap, etc. in time we will be great again, maybe 2 to 3 years however so be patient if you came this far!

I can' t remember what play-off game it was, but it was during our Superbowl glory years.

After The Bills scored a TD an unknown Bills fan was on television holding a sign that read:

"Deal with it America"

Encouraging words that I still lean on when the BIlls are playing lousy rotten football.

Hope to see that sign one more time, because it will only mean one thing: "Superbowl baby" !

I can' t remember what play-off game it was, but it was during our Superbowl glory years.

After The Bills scored a TD an unknown Bills fan was on television holding a sign that read:

"Deal with it America"

Encouraging words that I still lean on when the BIlls are playing lousy rotten football.

Hope to see that sign one more time, because it will only mean one thing: "Superbowl baby" !

In December 1995, when they played Miami at Rich, once they game was in hand, and they were officially in the playoffs, the jumbotron cut to a view of city hall with a banner being unveiled saying "Look Who's Back!"