Refs took Falcons by the hand

Tu-Toned

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the surface what you say is true - he grabbed the collar in plain view. However, he grabbed the collar in an attempt to stay close to the WR because the WR pushed off with two hands and had Robey not grabbed the collar he likely would have been shoved to the ground. It was PI on both the WR and Robey. It should have been a no call or offsetting. To call it on one guy in a critical situation is a bit much.

This is exactly what really happened...I watched that replay about 10 times after the game to try and understand what happened and if the call was justified...Robey definitely grabbed out in response to being pushed back...If anything Robey was in the better position to play the ball when the contact initiated...On top of it, from where the Ref was standing it's hard to imagine he could have seen the grab by Robey anyway...Maybe he did...I don't know...I agree with Barber...In that situation when you have two players fighting for position on what is basically a jump ball the ref should have just swallowed the flag...Robey made his biggest error by clinging up to the WR with the ball in the air instead of locating the ball at that time and just knocking it down...That led to the WR pushing him, which led to his grabbing...

Robey seemed to be the one in better position to play the ball, but he tried to blanket the WR first, probably to wall him off...Then he got pushed, then he grabbed the WR, and the rest is history... B-)

I watch for the entertainment value, just like I occasionally watch DWTS, and other bull **** shows.

Make no mistake though, I watch with a firm hold on reality knowing full well that the outcome

is scripted and set up for them to make as much $$ as possible. I just like to give myself a wake up call once in a while about reality.

This is....PURE GOLD!!!

OK--which of you guys is trolling under this "Tu-Toned" handle?! Hanging around the "water cooler", chatting with the fellas about "DWTS". He gives himself "a wake up call about reality"!

Come on! It's great stuff--spoofing the "blame the refs" crowd.

Applause to you, mystery sir or madame....

I don't like the conspiracy theories partially because I don't believe in them and partially because it gives people an excuse to ridicule said conspiracy theorist & get on their high horse and brag about being above it all.

I agree w/ whoever said officiating in the league sucks and always has. Pretty much why I never complained about the replacements last year. "Oh no they got a call wrong on Monday Night. the game's integrity is ruined!" Whatever, I didn't notice anything especially bad with the Bills games; maybe we were lucky? These regular clowns ruin games all the time and people will make excuses for them all day so they can say they're objective. Good for you I guess.

If they called the wrong # on the McKelvin flag then who was it on and why couldn't we get a replay of the real foul - too much to ask?

It's Monday, so it's a bit early for this. Usually after gut-wrenching defeats, it goes like this:

1) Sunday. General outrage and depression (4 or 5 "I'm done" threads)

2) Monday. Discuss firing of coaches and release of key players

3) Tuesday. Blame officials

4) Wednesday. Some sanity returns due to All-22 analysis

5) Thursday. Re-start playoff probability formulas

6) Friday. Onto the next game

Hahaha, nailed it! Thank you!

I've copied and pasted this into countless Facebook discussions today, and it has defused every rant.

How do you explain the fumbles? Refs with remote control footballs?

IF the Dirty Birds didn't get those 1st downs they don't score and the Bills have the lead.

You play call based on what the score is.

As I posted in the playoff threads

TO fans don't deserve the Bills, they root for every team BUT the Bills its :censored::blush:

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

IF the Dirty Birds didn't get those 1st downs they don't score and the Bills have the lead.

You play call based on what the score is.

As I posted in the playoff threads

TO fans don't deserve the Bills, they root for every team BUT the Bills its :censored::blush:

and yet... they leave happy if thats the case. maybe they arent the crazy ones here.

EVERYTHING should be reviewable. Simply review the tape of the chains moving. Done. It was a first down. You can't retroactively change what down it is or was! If the NFL has an ounce of credibility, they will fire everyone who was associated with that call. But they won't. It's the National Fairy-tale League. Redskins should be awarded a free draft pick for that nonsense.

You are correct.All plays that are critical to the out come of the game should be reviewed.No matter how much time is left in the game.

The PI in the end zone was a good call. He grabbed the receiver by the collar in plain view for gods sake. Even the Pats* probably wouldn't get away with that one much less a bad team like the Bills.

The other "phantom" call some are complaining about near the end I honestly don't remember and would have to look again.

It wasn't a "good call". It was a typical "ref the friggin situation/score" crap that has taken over sports today. There were numerous occasions yesterday when the same type of thing was totally ignored. If its not a penalty in the first 58 minutes, its not a penalty when the game is on the line.

Honestly, in this situation the Bills should have won anyway. But that doesn't excuse the bad officiating.

Often times I attribute our perception of unfair officiating to selective recognition.But having watched a lot of football over the last few years, I can't think of any other team I've seen either lose games, or lose a shot at winning games, on ticky tack or phantom calls as often as the Bills.

Maybe it's bad luck, maybe we get shwag crews, or maybe the refs hold a grudge against Ralph and the Bills for walking off the field with an xp to kick, or Ralph's complaint to the league, I don't know. For whatever reason, the Bills seem to get a disproportionate number of game changing lousy calls.

Edited by Rob's House

and yet... they leave happy if thats the case. maybe they arent the crazy ones here.

then let them have the Lions play there.

TO is a 4 hour drive from Detroit.

Bills-Falcons quarter by quarter [1:53 AM]

Buffalo News reports: 'Atlanta’s tying TD came after Nickell Robey was called for pass interference in the end zone on an incomplete pass. Both he and the receiver jostled. It wasn’t a foul. The officials missed an illegal formation call on the Falcons on the play before the winning kick. Both receivers to the left of the formation were lined up on the same yard line.'

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

The PI call was unnecessary. It was like the Henry Jones PI call on the Hail Mary in the Just Give it to Them Game.

That illegal use of hands call against Williams was the worst call I've seen since the replacement ref called a punt downed at the 4 a touchback.

Why? Because Aaron Williams did not touch anybody. It looked like he was at least 5 feet away from the player he allegedly used his hands on. And that call was 30 yards away from the incomplete pass.

Screw the refs.

However, as the coach says, we have to play better in order to avoid these games being so close. We should've mopped the field with those Falcons.

We got screwed . again. Marrone is finding out why no one wants to coach for Buffalo Bills.

I say as long as you know what you are up against it s on you to overcome the obstacles .

and that's really all there is to it.

so catch the damned ball and put it away and then go down. Then kick the f'n field goal .

The Bills are being repressed over here. Even I can see that.

But its no excuse for poor execution any day

There was a pivotal 4th quarter call on Aaron Williams for illegal contact. A quick replay showed that he did not come close to touching a player. Bizarre. But it's a quid pro quo. Another defeat means a better draft pick.

Yep, pivotal. As in the game turned on that call. And that's the one that particularly leaves me scratching my head. If an official makes/blows a call like that, is it better or worse if it's fixed? If it's intentional (rigged) or a bad call (incompetence), it matters not; the outcome is the same - the game is decided not by the players on the field, but by the officials. Not how it's supposed to be. Who cares if it's fixed? And I also feel that a blown call in the first quarter is more tolerable than one during crunch time. Just like I'm significantly less upset with Stevie making that fumble in the first quarter. I'm tired of the shoddy product.

Team Stat Comparison

ATL

BUF 1st Downs 26 19

Passing 1st downs 15 9

Rushing 1st downs 7 7

1st downs from Penalties 4 3

3rd down efficiency 10-18 5-14

4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0 Total Plays 83 63 Total Yards 423 405 Yards per play 5.1 6.4 Total Drives 16 14 Passing 272 210

Comp - Att 28-47 18-32

Yards per pass 5.8 6.6

Interceptions thrown 0 0

Sacks - Yards Lost 6-39 0-0 Rushing 151 195

Rushing Attempts 30 31

Yards per rush 5.0 6.3 Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-3 2-3 Penalties 8-75 6-49 Turnovers 1 2

Fumbles lost 1 2

Interceptions thrown 0 0 Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0 Possession 38:09 24:51

Did the refs give up over 400 yards of offense to the Falcons?

Did the refs allow sustaining drives to the tune of over 38 minutes of possession?

Did the refs allow 10-18 third down conversions?

Good teams overcome bad calls. Our defense sucks. The refs, although far from perfect, did not account for 34 points.

Edited by Gugny

Team Stat Comparison

ATL

BUF 1st Downs 26 19

Passing 1st downs 15 9

Rushing 1st downs 7 7

1st downs from Penalties 4 3

3rd down efficiency 10-18 5-14

4th down efficiency 0-0 0-0 Total Plays 83 63 Total Yards 423 405 Yards per play 5.1 6.4 Total Drives 16 14 Passing 272 210

Comp - Att 28-47 18-32

Yards per pass 5.8 6.6

Interceptions thrown 0 0

Sacks - Yards Lost 6-39 0-0 Rushing 151 195

Rushing Attempts 30 31

Yards per rush 5.0 6.3 Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-3 2-3 Penalties 8-75 6-49 Turnovers 1 2

Fumbles lost 1 2

Interceptions thrown 0 0 Defensive / Special Teams TDs 0 0 Possession 38:09 24:51

Did the refs give up over 400 yards of offense to the Falcons?

Did the refs allow sustaining drives to the tune of over 38 minutes of possession?

Did the refs allow 10-18 third down conversions?

Good teams overcome bad calls. Our defense sucks. The refs, although far from perfect, did not account for 34 points.

You're right. Those two calls in the late fourth quarter had nothing to do with the Falcons tieing the game.

Honestly, in this situation the Bills should have won anyway. But that doesn't excuse the bad officiating.

Often times I attribute our perception of unfair officiating to selective recognition.But having watched a lot of football over the last few years, I can't think of any other team I've seen either lose games, or lose a shot at winning games, on ticky tack or phantom calls as often as the Bills.

Maybe it's bad luck, maybe we get shwag crews, or maybe the refs hold a grudge against Ralph and the Bills for walking off the field with an xp to kick, or Ralph's complaint to the league, I don't know. For whatever reason, the Bills seem to get a disproportionate number of game changing lousy calls.

You were right the first time as bolded above.

I don't fall into that trap for the Bills for some reason, but I do sometimes for the Sabres. Seems to happen more to me if I am at the game versus watching on TV. Maybe because on TV you can see multiple slow motion replays instead of getting swept up in the emotion of the homer crowd.

Edited by CodeMonkey